Two Seahawk rookies could win OROY and DROY in same year

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    Rat wrote:People have ridiculous expectations of Kiper. Predicting NFL prospects is hard. That's why these teams spend millions of dollars annually on it, and still strike out on a lot more guys than they hit on.

It's like some of you think Kiper should have no opinions. How exciting would the draft be if they just showed the picks and then said "This was the pick. Someday we'll know if it was good". Yes, he's wrong sometimes. Who isn't? Even guys like Bill Walsh and Ron Wolf missed on a lot of players.

Still, he majorly bashed 3 of our first selections and they are having major returns right now. 1 pick wrong? Happens to everyone. 2 picks wrong? Must be a coincidence. 3 picks wrong? YOU SUCK.

Who did he bash other than Irvin? He said Russell Wilson went higher than he projected (which is pretty much what everyone said), but also said that if anyone could overcome the height issue, it was Russell. That sounds like a compliment to me.
    Last edited by Rat on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• SharkHawk wrote:
    Rat wrote:People have ridiculous expectations of Kiper. Predicting NFL prospects is hard. That's why these teams spend millions of dollars annually on it, and still strike out on a lot more guys than they hit on.

It's like some of you think Kiper should have no opinions. How exciting would the draft be if they just showed the picks and then said "This was the pick. Someday we'll know if it was good". Yes, he's wrong sometimes. Who isn't? Even guys like Bill Walsh and Ron Wolf missed on a lot of players.

My problem is that when he's wrong more often than a lot of ten year olds then I don't understand why he even has a job. He's awful.

When he's putting his picks out there, without the gift of hindsight (this thread is a great example of hindsight analysis), then it seems like he's wrong way more often than he is.

The draft is crazy hard to predict. That's why something like only a third of FIRST round picks become above average players. That number drops precipitously after the first round.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Rat wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:

My problem is that when he's wrong more often than a lot of ten year olds then I don't understand why he even has a job. He's awful.

When he's putting his picks out there, without the gift of hindsight (this thread is a great example of hindsight analysis), then it seems like he's wrong way more often than he is.

The draft is crazy hard to predict. That's why something like only a third of FIRST round picks become above average players. That number drops precipitously after the first round.

I'm sorry Mel. It's good to have you here. We'll be glad to help you with your draft evaluations for next season. :stirthepot:
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• LOL @ Mel Kiper! The guy is a joke. He was high on Aaron Curry too...
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

• If Kiper was any good he'd have a job with an NFL team.

There's a reason he doesn't.
    "Doug Baldwin doesn't get separation, he gets a divorce." -NorthDallas40oz
    jman316
    NET Starter

• Hasselbeck wrote:
    Fox0r wrote:....not so far-fetched to think at this point. Can you imagine?

:34853_doh:

Your justification for that emoticon should be entertaining to read. Why don't you enlighten us?
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• jman316 wrote:If Kiper was any good he'd have a job with an NFL team.

There's a reason he doesn't.

He probably makes sick money doing what he does, with significantly more job security, and significantly less hours. I'd rather have his job than be director of player personnel for the Browns or something. What's the tenure of the average GM, 4 years?
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Fox0r wrote:Your justification for that emoticon should be entertaining to read. Why don't you enlighten us?

I think he just has a headache because we haven't named the team the Seattle Russell Wilsons yet. That has to be it.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I could care less if anyone wins DROY, as long as they win the Super Bowl. :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Yeah, but how awesome would it be to have the OROY at QB and the DROY and win it all?
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:And Mel Kiper bashed both picks.

Further proof, as if it's needed, that Kiper BLOWS.

And you thought that was just really good hair gel that he was using, huh?

Winner winner chicken dinner.
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Wilson will have trouble getting the OROY from Luck/Griffin due to the attention those teams get compared to ours....he is definitley in the equation though

Irvin, nah don think so, he has proved the doubters wrong and got 7 sacks, but dont think he has been as dominant as Aldon Smtih was last season. Still he has stepped it up and will only get better

Wagner is a different story, what a pick up he has been, but again I think he will lose out to Kucheley, who for me has also been outstanding, and again seems to get more attention.

All in all we as hawks should be delighted with our 3 picks, but I think they will all ultimatley fall short in the vote.
    glasgow seahawks
    NET Starter

• Rat wrote:
    Who did he bash other than Irvin? He said Russell Wilson went higher than he projected (which is pretty much what everyone said), but also said that if anyone could overcome the height issue, it was Russell. That sounds like a compliment to me.

Actually, Kiper did say Wilson would never be anything other than a backup in this league.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information