Bruuuuuuuuce!!

hawksfan515

Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... h-week-10/

How this contest unfolds could depend on what kind of offensive packages the New York Jets use. For instance, the San Francisco 49ers didn’t want Irvin on the field and only ran three wide receiver sets on 13.3% of offensive plays. The end result? Irvin was only on the field for 12 snaps, picking up one sack and nothing else.

The Seahawk has had an indifferent rookie year but has done a solid job of generating consistent pressure, leading to him having the third-highest Pass Rushing Productivity score of all 4-3 defensive ends. With that in mind, the Jets may want to use less than the 46.4% of three wide receiver sets they’ve used in their last three games. Otherwise, Austin Howard — owner of our fourth-lowest pass blocking grade of all right tackles (and third lowest in Pass Blocking Efficiency) — might be in for a long day.

Beatdown Probability – The game situation will dictate. If the Jets fall behind it’s going to be near impossible to stop Irvin from getting at Howard.

This stuff just warms my heart. BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCEE!

sutz

Reaction score
What the hell is an 'indifferent' rookie season?

He has, what 6 or 7 sacks so far after 9 games?

Sounds pretty decent to me.

:)

Rainger

Reaction score
sutz":25784jf0 said:

I think it is 5 but still good considering the number of snaps

sutz

Reaction score
rainger":3osc0qon said:
sutz":3osc0qon said:

I think it is 5 but still good considering the number of snaps
Since our best pass rusher has had 11 sacks in 16 games the past two seasons, 5 after 9 game is a pretty good pace IMHO.

:229031_shrug:

TJH

Reaction score
sutz":4m27hnec said:

While true, hes been destroyed on runs and has very few tackles.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TJH":3xjn7g1y said:
sutz":3xjn7g1y said:

Destroyed??? You have to consider the time he's on the field,,You can't make many tackles from the side lines dude

TJH

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1cz2d2cr said:
TJH":1cz2d2cr said:
sutz":1cz2d2cr said:

Destroyed??? You have to consider the time he's on the field,,You can't make many tackles from the side lines dude

Wow, really enlightening. Just watch him during run plays. It has nothing to do with being on the sidelines.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
He needs to hit the weights during the off season. I'd love to see him get stronger at the point of attack so he can be on the field more.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I'm sure they'll have him add 15 pounds of muscle to his frame. But you gotta admit, 7 sacks on the season now is pretty damn good. Tied for first on the team with Clem.

Basis4day

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":wr50endk said:
Him and Clemons have both vanished IMHO , hopefully they wake up today.

They have only disappeared if you're only focused on sacks. Pressure is just as important.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
He's gotten a good batch of sacks thus far.

He may no be an every down player, but if he can come up big on sacks, it's filling a need.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Also have to point out that Quinton Coples, who many wanted with our pick, has done next to nothing so far this year and has played much more regularly than our boy Bruce who has almost 4 times as many sacks as Coples (7 vs 2).

ivotuk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2ekng2oe said:
Also have to point out that Quinton Coples, who many wanted with our pick, has done next to nothing so far this year and has played much more regularly than our boy Bruce who has almost 4 times as many sacks as Coples (7 vs 2).

I was a Coples fan but I think Pete could have otivated him. Quinton has all the physical talent in the world, he just doesn't apply himself.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
ivotuk":350lc9ul said:
Blitzer88":350lc9ul said:

I was a Coples fan but I think Pete could have otivated him. Quinton has all the physical talent in the world, he just doesn't apply himself.

No way, Quinton Coples has that nasty tattoo. And Irvin's a boss in this defense.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2q49c8ie said:
ivotuk":2q49c8ie said:
Blitzer88":2q49c8ie said:

No way, Quinton Coples has that nasty tattoo. And Irvin's a boss in this defense.

It's a brand. Hot iron on skin.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Irvin is coming along beautifully and doing what has been asked of him. Does he have more to offer? Yes. Can he improve? Yes. Was he an upgrade to what we had before? Hell to the YES. Hopefully he continus to evolve his game, as many of our other rookies have done, and he becomes that every-down guy. But as it is, I see no grounds for complaints regarding Bruce Irvin.