Seahawks new intro song, by Paul Allen and his band

HansGruber

Reaction score
Pete Carroll just tweeted this link today.
Here's the new Seahawks intro music, written and performed by Paul Allen and his band:

http://soundcloud.com/seattleseahawks/freak-on

I sure hope this isn't a long-term thing. No offense to Allen, but this song is just.... embarrassing. Too funky to be heavy, but too generic to really get much of a funk groove going. Ugh. WTF is up with our LAME intro songs? Wish they'd just make a generic dubstep beat or heavy metal, that'd be better than this.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I like it. It's not a great hit or anything, but I'd hardly call it embarrassing.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":evjjamow said:
somebody please tell me this is a joke.
Of course it's a joke, they are more than likely going to go with the old stand by, "I Walk The Line"
Jebus christy, somethings really f576ked up when something like this ruins your day.
Make a suggestion for an intro song that we'd ALL agree to, ( like that's going to happen) then send to Owner, 1st Fan, Paul Allen eh?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I suggest anything by Zakk Wylde/Black Label Society. That's some pump you up music.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
scutterhawk":25exfyg1 said:
Zebulon Dak":25exfyg1 said:
somebody please tell me this is a joke.
Of course it's a joke, they are more than likely going to go with the old stand by, "I Walk The Line"
Jebus christy, somethings really f576ked up when something like this ruins your day.
Make a suggestion for an intro song that we'd ALL agree to, ( like that's going to happen) then send to Owner, 1st Fan, Paul Allen eh?

Who's day's ruined?

As I side note, I do love the new TD celebration song.

nategreat

Reaction score
Not playing for me right now, I'll have to check it out later. No matter what, I can't imagine it can be any worse than Bittersweet Symphony, that was the worst intro song in the history of intro songs.... and that's not even an opinion, that's a fact!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Bittersweet Symphony is THE BEST. I was happy to hear it still being used in some capacity.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
HansGruber":2lzws5ik said:
Wish they'd just make a generic dubstep beat

I would take Paul Allen's band over dubstep any day. I can't stand womp womps.

EDIT: Now that I've listened to it, this song isn't that bad. Even if it was, the guy saved our Hawks from leaving town, so he can do what he damn well wants to with the music. At least he put in the effort to write and record his own music for the games. Props for that.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1ewq3s0y said:
I like it. It's not a great hit or anything, but I'd hardly call it embarrassing.
Ditto. I think it's reasonable for an intro, IMHO.

Hey, if this is all it takes to keep a super owner like Allen around I'm all for it. Rock on Paul!

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Remember, this team is Paul's legacy. He knows that he could be gone any day if the cancer comes back yet again (as horrible as that sounds). He wants to show his love for the team and leave something behind in the way he knows. He brought in designers to create the greatest stadium, the best practice facilities, went and got great coaches, stuffed all the places with great technology. He loves music. He is creating a song for his team that he owns. Cool tribute. I am sure someday when Paul is gone everybody who is griping about this will say how cool it is that Paul expressed himself in the form of art that he knows best and left something to his team that was personal. He's not a big talker or a guy who gets real involved. The closest I've seen in emotion from the guy is when he made a brief appearance on the field after the NFCCG. I think it's cool that he's done something personal for a team that he clearly loves.

OP
OP
HansGruber

HansGruber

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":27kwt6yg said:
HansGruber":27kwt6yg said:
Wish they'd just make a generic dubstep beat

I would take Paul Allen's band over dubstep any day. I can't stand womp womps.

Yeah but that's my point. I LOATHE dubstep, but at least it's kinda trendy and new. This song was embarrassing because it just sounds tacky, like old classic rock elevator music, doesn't get me jacked up AT ALL.

I just wish we had something that was intense as our team. Something that actually got the crowd fired up.
Personally, I'd LOVE it if they played something like this:

[youtube]a_7TMeDTX_U[/youtube]

12evanf

Reaction score
This song makes me want to beat somebody up because it is so awful. Maybe our Hawks will think the same.

kearly

Reaction score
Thank you Shark for the classy post. And thank you Hans for the Slayer embed.

As far as the song goes, it's very generic, but not bad by any means. It could easily pass mustard as a background song in a television show. Is it appropriate for a football experience? No. But it's not like it's horrible or anything.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SharkHawk":jysi8tqw said:
Remember, this team is Paul's legacy. He knows that he could be gone any day if the cancer comes back yet again (as horrible as that sounds). He wants to show his love for the team and leave something behind in the way he knows. He brought in designers to create the greatest stadium, the best practice facilities, went and got great coaches, stuffed all the places with great technology. He loves music. He is creating a song for his team that he owns. Cool tribute. I am sure someday when Paul is gone everybody who is griping about this will say how cool it is that Paul expressed himself in the form of art that he knows best and left something to his team that was personal. He's not a big talker or a guy who gets real involved. The closest I've seen in emotion from the guy is when he made a brief appearance on the field after the NFCCG. I think it's cool that he's done something personal for a team that he clearly loves.

Yep.

I don't get all the hand wringing over an intro song....geesh. Is it really that important?

Answer: No.

Good on ya, Paul.

Latest posts