Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
If any of you guys & gals watch "Seahawks All Access" (on the Root sports channel), Wilson got off a good zinger this week....

Right after Tate's second touchdown -- the one when he jumped into the end zone -- Bevell came over and leaned over to Tate and said, "not sure about that last decision to go high over the top".

Tate responded "yeah" and something like "I thought he [defender] was going to go low".

Wilson, sitting next to Tate, said "go low on you? You're tiny. You're smaller than me".

Pretty funny.

The Radish

Reaction score
Smaller and more full of himself.

He's been doing a great job but I hate players that act they won the championship of the world just because they caught a pass. And his twirling the ball deal that is pissing off the officials needs to stop.

:roll:

warden

Reaction score
The Radish":16z5pd34 said:

He's been doing a great job but I hate players that act they won the championship of the world just because they caught a pass. And his twirling the ball deal that is pissing off the officials needs to stop.

Reminds me of this tale that Steve Raible tells in his book Tales from the Seahawks sideline

Tone it down, Rook

Act like you've ben there before. Steve Largent preached those words consistently. Brian Blades got the message loud and clear following one of his first catches of his NFL career. Here was a kid from the university of Miami, which had a reputation for flamboyance anyway, going through all these wild gyrations following some simple catch.

Brian Jumped up off the ground and spun the ball like some dice or something and did his dance. He even gave the old first down signal. And Largent came up behind him and grabbed him by the shoulder pads and literally threw him back to the huddle.

Basically, in no uncertain terms, Steve told him right then how a professional was suppose to act

"You know, you just did your job by making that catch. You did absolutely nothing special. When you do something special, then you can celebrate. Act like you've been there before'.

Steve Largent never drew attention to himself except by what he did on the field. Not by extracurricular stuff, but with his excellence. He was a teacher by example, and every so often by getting in people's faces and saying, "This is how you preform. This is what you're supposed to do on a regular basis."

I always thought that was the telling thing about Steve and how he earned the respect of his teammates. Everybody said Dave Krirg was the leader of that offense, but Steve was the guy by virtue of his excellence and through his actions.

Brian Blades paid attention, too. I don't remember him doing much of that kind of celebrating after that. He was a clutch guy and a good team player. Brian became the kind of leader that Largent once was, helping to pass along some of those lessons.

sutz

Reaction score
The Radish":151kunyc said:

I thought it was Rice doing the ball twirl after a catch. :229031_shrug:

Either way, it does risk a delay of game penalty. It should stop.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
sutz":2mnzkh17 said:
The Radish":2mnzkh17 said:

that's right. Rice does the Spin on the ball. All Tate usually does is drop to a knee and signal First Down.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The Radish":16jo0rvq said:

Errr, you might have your players mixed up. That said, he is kinda prematurely full of himself. I remember him posting a link to his new website and 'store' promoting sales of items with his name on them by saying 'buy x amount of items and you and you'll get something personally signed by ME!'

That was a bit sickening to me, so I sent a tweet that basically asked if he already think he's 'arrived.' Also asked if he needs a store because he's in the poor house. Predictably there was not response, and he could probably care less, but at least I got that off my chest :twisted:

I like the fact that he hangs with Wilson though, because that is nothing but a good influence for him.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Get off Tate's back, some of you look for any reason to criticize the kid. How does creating his own site and trying to profit off of his name make him full of himself?

Do any of you say that about Marshawn whose sold Beast Mode shirts since Buffalo? Tate is having a breakout season in his 3rd year exactly when most other receivers do yet a lot of you want to keep acting like he's still some immature bust. Only mistake you can really criticize him for is the Top Pot thing

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Killa Kam":41dnqmzi said:
Get off Tate's back, some of you look for any reason to criticize the kid. How does creating his own site and trying to profit off of his name make him full of himself?

Do any of you say that about Marshawn whose sold Beast Mode shirts since Buffalo? Tate is having a breakout season in his 3rd year exactly when most other receivers do yet a lot of you want to keep acting like he's still some immature bust. Only mistake you can really criticize him for is the Top Pot thing

I'll get off his back when he actually arrives. It wasn't until this off season that he finally realized that he has to put in some serious work to make it in the NFL rather than just relying on his talent. In choosing Russel Wilson as one of his closest friends, that's a great move in itself that should pay huge dividends.

He's got what it takes to make it, but he needs to put an entire season together where his play is solid and needs to prove he can catch the friggen ball consistently against teams like the 49ers. That's not giving the rest of our WR's a pass on the same thing, but if he wants to be the man, he needs show it against our toughest of foes.

Marshawn didn't give himself the Beast Mode nickname...the fans did...and Marsawn has been playing longer. Tate doesn't have such a thing to hang his hat on, so before he goes full bore into self promotion he needs to put a complete season together and let the numbers speak for themself. That means continuing to get better through practice and study, rather than crowing about how he's the best ping pong player on the team.

The Radish

Reaction score
jlwaters1":dw9c49ku said:
sutz":dw9c49ku said:
The Radish":dw9c49ku said:

that's right. Rice does the Spin on the ball. All Tate usually does is drop to a knee and signal First Down.

All the receivers were doing it for a while but the rest stopped. Rice and Tate were doing it and Rice had stopped for a while but Tate continues to do it throwing the ball away from the official.

:141847_bnono:

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
I think the spin is cool, I tried for so loong to do it, I never could get it to work very well.
To be fair, throwing the ball away from an official is a bit different from making the ball spin like a top. Are we talking about the same thing? Spin ball like top after TD?

-SH

The Radish

Reaction score
SmokeyHawk":3pmyjbyt said:
I think the spin is cool, I tried for so loong to do it, I never could get it to work very well.
To be fair, throwing the ball away from an official is a bit different from making the ball spin like a top. Are we talking about the same thing? Spin ball like top after TD?

-SH

Tate spins the ball away from himself everytime he makes a catch. Its really childish looking. Forces the official chase the ball to get it spotted for the next play.

:les:

Killa Kam

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":38jgsgkx said:
Killa Kam":38jgsgkx said:

I'll get off his back when he actually arrives. It wasn't until this off season that he finally realized that he has to put in some serious work to make it in the NFL rather than just relying on his talent. In choosing Russel Wilson as one of his closest friends, that's a great move in itself that should pay huge dividends.

He's got what it takes to make it, but he needs to put an entire season together where his play is solid and needs to prove he can catch the friggen ball consistently against teams like the 49ers. That's not giving the rest of our WR's a pass on the same thing, but if he wants to be the man, he needs show it against our toughest of foes.

Marshawn didn't give himself the Beast Mode nickname...the fans did...and Marsawn has been playing longer. Tate doesn't have such a thing to hang his hat on, so before he goes full bore into self promotion he needs to put a complete season together and let the numbers speak for themself. That means continuing to get better through practice and study, rather than crowing about how he's the best ping pong player on the team.

When has his work ethic ever been questioned, I never once heard Pete or anybody else criticize him for it. He was a raw receiver coming into the league of course he wasnt going to have everything down instantly. Some of you just refuse to let the kid grow not everybody is a star from day 1, it seems to me some of you hold that against him.

I understand wanting consistency and improvement but some of the criticism on Tate seems excessive. Doug Baldwin has dropped a gw td, and multiple key catches yet gets hardly any flack from any of you. Tate who dropped zero passes all of last year but lays an egg against against the 49ers like the rest of our offense but is the most blamed.

I don't get what the ping pong thing proves or starting his own shirts proves, is he not allowed to make a non football statement until he's a great player. This reminds me of when some of you holding Aaron Curry's faith against him because he was such a bust, when it had nothing to with his onfield play. He's just the easy target or the ".NET Whipping Boy" like some of you like to say

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":3ud1ppjw said:

Its the little victories.

Fox0r

Reaction score
Radish, I think it's actually Sidney Rice who spins the ball away from himself.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
[
The Radish":3rpwkt5u said:
All the receivers were doing it for a while but the rest stopped. Rice and Tate were doing it and Rice had stopped for a while but Tate continues to do it throwing the ball away from the official.

:141847_bnono: get it right Radish, RICE does it on a regular basis.
Tate is the one that got fined for flatening a defender that had a bead on Wilson, and gathering accolades around here for doing so.

Some of the fans around here seem to be the only ones who get pissed off about the spinning ball that RICE is doing.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I think the bitching about what the players do is kinda getting childish too. They are frikken entertainers playing a sport. The people who need to get over themselves are those who bitch about players needing to get over themselves. :mrgreen: :les:

mistaowen

Reaction score
Let's stop complaining about the guy who has scored TDs inside the 30 every chance he gets. Even if he is cocky, why does that matter to us if he is scoring?