12th Man Flag this weekend.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
12th Man Flag this weekend.
Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:07 pm
  • November is the NFL's Salute To Service month, honoring our nation's military, and this Sunday is Veteran's Day. In celebration of both, Seattle is having a local soldier lead the team through the tunnel, and the 12th man flag is being raised by a true hero.

NFL.com wrote: The SeahawksSalute to Service game, in conjunction with USAA, will be on November 11. There will be a card stunt and flyover following the Anthem. A local soldier representing the Wounded Warriors will lead the team out of the tunnel. WWII veteran Joe Moser will raise the 12th Man Flag. Moser was a P-38 fighter pilot who was shot down during his 44th mission over France. He was imprisoned in the Nazi concentration camp Buchenwald and scheduled to be executed. Joe's story is featured in an award winning documentary the 'Lost Airmen of Buchenwald' and in the book "A Fighter Pilot in Buchenwald."
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: 12th Man Flag this weekend.
Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:24 pm
  • Awesome talk about Goosebumps
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:31 pm
  • I really wish the national coverage would show these. But I'll definitely check it out when they post the video at .com

If the crowd isn't riled up enough for the Jets, this should definitely get them in a stupor

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:31 pm
  • And yet another reason (as if I needed it) to love this team :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:41 pm
  • What an awesome tribute!
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:53 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:If the crowd isn't riled up enough for the Jets, this should definitely get them in a stupor

I'm pretty sure we don't want the 12th man in a stupor, but I'm too lazy to look it up in Websters to be absolutely sure.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:56 pm
  • That'll be awesome. It's always good to see our service men and women recognized.
    Mandu
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:25 pm
  • That's a great choice right there!
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:33 pm
  • I hope the soldier running the flag out does a great job.. I volunteered, but evidently did it too late..

I am about to retire from the Army with almost 21 years of service and have been a season ticket holder for 10 of those even though I only lived in the Seattle area (Olympia) for the 2003-5 seasons..

I was disappointed...

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:48 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:I really wish the national coverage would show these. But I'll definitely check it out when they post the video at .com

If the crowd isn't riled up enough for the Jets, this should definitely get them in a stupor

Seems like they do about half the time. They showed Detlef Schrempft raising it last week.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:30 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I really wish the national coverage would show these. But I'll definitely check it out when they post the video at .com

Seems like they do about half the time. They showed Detlef Schrempft raising it last week.

I thought Detlef did a great job.

:th2thumbs:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:02 am
  • kidhawk wrote:I really wish the national coverage would show these. But I'll definitely check it out when they post the video at .com

It will have them in the exact opposite of a stupor. Stupor means a state of extreme apathy. People will be losing their minds after the Veteran raises the flag because it will be so awesome
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:26 am
  • Very nice. A much better than having Dilfer do it. ;)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:36 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I really wish the national coverage would show these. But I'll definitely check it out when they post the video at .com

They didn't show it up here. Maybe they took an extra commercial break or something, I don't know, but I have only seen it once this season on television, the rest I've watched on the seahawks website.

For those interested, here's a link for what all the rest of the teams will be doing

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... eteransDay

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:33 pm
  • SO badass! They are working OT to make up for the Dilfer flag raising incident. :D

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:53 pm
  • Awesome tribute. Can't wait to see Moser raise the flag. Anyone who flew a P-38 Lightning during WWII and survived what he did is a true hero in my book. Hope they show the Wounded Warrior & team run out the tunnel.
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:03 pm
  • WWII veteran Joe Moser will raise the 12th Man Flag. Moser was a P-38 fighter pilot who was shot down during his 44th mission over France. He was imprisoned in the Nazi concentration camp Buchenwald and scheduled to be executed.

Well, he set the bar for what a real man is, and I am not even close. Thats mind blowing, I wish I could be there to show my respect to that man.

Here's a link to his story

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/30/wwii.v ... index.html

He had been shooting at German anti-aircraft guns when they responded.

"They got mad and shot back at me. The fire spread across from the left wing," Moser said. "I was breaking up."

Over France, Moser tried to bail from the engulfed P-38 Lightning fighter. "My shoe caught. I was going down with the airplane," he recalled.

With the toe of his boot caught on the plane's canopy, Moser fell with the plane until he was ripped free. He opened his parachute about 100 feet above the ground, he believes.Landing in a field, Moser was surrounded by a group of French who hid his parachute and tried to help him escape. A German patrol caught Moser and two of the French, and the Germans marched them off to a night of interrogations and imprisonment.

The following morning, guards took away Moser's would-be saviors. He then heard shots.

"I figured the Germans had killed these two Frenchmen. I would have dreams that these two men were killed because they had tried to help me," Moser said.

Years later Moser found out that the men had survived and the shots were fired at them as they escaped. Moser's nightmarish dreams and guilt stopped.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:47 pm
  • ^ Holy crap, that's incredible.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:21 pm
  • Aros wrote:SO badass! They are working OT to make up for the Dilfer flag raising incident. :D

Dilfer > Detlef.

Detlef could barely move.. lol
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information