Trent Dilfer on 710 talks Hawks & Wilson

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=9948495&p=3&n=

WOW. Dilfer has really come around on both the Seahawks and Russell Wilson. I have never heard him speak this highly of the Hawks. Good listen. Check it out.

Warning. There is some sizable Wilson gushing in this interview between Dilfer, Brock, and Salk. So be forewarned, Hasselbeck. ;)

And wait until you hear the final thing Trent says about RW @ the 18:05 mark. What the Ram QB coach said to him about RW. WOW.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Everyone's coming around. Dilfer, Christian Fauria, all kinds of people are backtracking. Guess it really was dumb to judge after 4 games, eh?

One thing I found interesting: Dilfer's comment that the next test for Wilson will be how he handles being specifically targeted by other team's gameplans. Will he adapt when defenses are trying to take HIM out of the game first? Well, Pete's designed this team to make sure this never happens. The run is too strong.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":ozs4h3da said:
MontanaHawk05":ozs4h3da said:
Everyone's coming around. Dilfer, Christian Fauria, all kinds of people are backtracking. Guess it really was dumb to judge after 4 games, eh?

So is assbag Kiper.

I'm cool with Dilfer, Fauria, and most others owning their mistakes.

Kiper can eat a bag of nails.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2408qn9i said:
FlyingGreg":2408qn9i said:
MontanaHawk05":2408qn9i said:

So is assbag Kiper.

I'm cool with Dilfer, Fauria, and most others owning their mistakes.

Kiper can eat a bag of nails.
Agreed, especially about him & the bag of nails, and I will add, Rusty BENT nails LOL

warden

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":76pnmquu said:
One thing I found interesting: Dilfer's comment that the next test for Wilson will be how he handles being specifically targeted by other team's gameplans. Will he adapt when defenses are trying to take HIM out of the game first? Well, Pete's designed this team to make sure this never happens. The run is too strong.

This is reality. Teams will figure out Wilsons tendencies as more film becomes available and will get the better of him. How Russell handles this and adjusts will be the key

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
warden":2ech6t9i said:
MontanaHawk05":2ech6t9i said:

This is reality. Teams will figure out Wilsons tendencies as more film becomes available and will get the better of him. How Russell handles this and adjusts will be the key

Yes, he's showing tendencies of:

-Playing well from the pocket and having a nice feel for the pocket if he has a pocket.
-Being able to improvise when flushed from the pocket
-Tucking and running as a last resort, but making plays with his feet when forced to.
-Learning other teams tendencies
-Learning from his own mistakes and correcting his own tendencies

Yep, they're really gonna have his number.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
But he will continue to be criticized b/c he gives stock answers in interviews. ;)

This young QB is a genuine talent, unfortunately vertically challenged. He will be a pro bowl QB before long but he still will be short by conventional standards as a starting QB.

He's a rookie QB behind an OLine that could be better, yet is surviving despite being under a lot of pressure (4th worst in the NFL). All this is happening with a mediocre bunch of WRs yet he's getting things done despite an OC who restricts his ability to open things up. Frankly by most metrics he's doing pretty well.

He will prove himself in these final 6 games to be the best of the crop this season, despite being too short if no one really is noticing it makes a bit of difference in his play.