Russell Wilson leaving love notes in his wr's lockers

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
Such a teacher's pet.

http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/11/08/thu ... s-to-play/

Rookie quarterback Russell Wilson has made a habit of leaving notes in the lockers of his wide receivers on Monday morning. Included in the notes are notes on that week’s opponent.

“I was a little surprised at first, but he always does it now,” veteran receiver Sidney Rice said. “That means he’s already studied the film. It’s a big help to all the receivers. You know what you’re going up against. He’s got the details on all the corners – who he thinks can be beat, what plays might work against which players. So it’s really good.”

It’s all part of Wilson’s preference for looking ahead, rather than back, as quickly as possible.

“My goal is to move on from the week before – whether it was great, whether there were some things we could have done better – and just focus on the next team,” Wilson said. “So I thought that was the best idea.

“I kind of just decided to do that, in terms putting things in the guys’ lockers and letting them know, ‘OK, this is what we need to do. This is what they do well. This is the coverages that they run in most situations.’ So that was an idea of mine, just to let the guys know kind of where I was at and what I was thinking about the week.”

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Wilson's note from last week:

"psst golden, meet me under the big oak tree right after practice ;)"

Hawks46

Reaction score
This, IMO, is probably the biggest reason he beat out Flynn as a rookie. The guy's intangibles are off the charts. Stuff like this reminds me of what I've heard of Peyton Manning.

legend38

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ejvtl14 said:
This, IMO, is probably the biggest reason he beat out Flynn as a rookie. The guy's intangibles are off the charts. Stuff like this reminds me of what I've heard of Peyton Manning.
Yup,was telling this to a buddie the other day.Freakin love it.

Fox0r

Reaction score
Teacher's pet because he is mature, disciplined and prepared each week?

...ok.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Exactly. This kid is going to be something special. Like many others I felt a little trepidation when he was named the starter but wow he has delivered. His ceiling is very high indeed.

OP
OP
H

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
Fox0r":30d5kosh said:

...ok.

Sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm! I hate Hugh Millen. It was a shot at him.

I absolutely love stuff like this. And as others have said, is a part of exactly what makes RW so special, and why he is going to be successful in this league. He outworks EVERYONE. I'm guessing these notes comes before the wr's have even looked at game film. You know how RW is always tweeting #notime2sleep? I'm willing to bet that he has the upcoming team scouted the night of the last game, and has these notes waiting for his wr's Monday morning. The dude is a freak. He is the terminator when it comes to preperation.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
another reason why I love this kid , he wants to win.

Just compare JaMarcus Russel and Russell wilson in ur minds for a second ...LMAO!

Fox0r

Reaction score
Hawkadeus":s0iub1o1 said:
Fox0r":s0iub1o1 said:

...ok.

Sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm!

I hate Hugh Millen. It was a shot at him.

Oh, okay. I admittedly missed the sarcasm. So I owe you an apology.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
"Told ya so, told ya so, told ya so"...

Sorry, can never resist - especially with all the fussing in here after the draft.

Alas, maybe someone on the defense should be doing this too...? Hmmmmm

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
TOLD YOU ALL SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been on this dude since college....I was hoping to get him in the 2nd round...guess PC/JS told me so.

JonRud

Reaction score
Completely admit I am 100% sold on Wilson now. I was in the Flynn camp all through August/Sep...but I could not be more impressed by Wilson's improvement, demeanor & preparation. I think we have our QB for the next decade.

With all the talk about his height, I think in many ways it works to his advantage. Defenders are not used to such a small QB, and he can 'duck & hide' back there, and they don't know where he's going to pop up next!

Very exciting.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
JonRud":f5ypuhp0 said:
Completely admit I am 100% sold on Wilson now. I was in the Flynn camp all through August/Sep...but I could not be more impressed by Wilson's improvement, demeanor & preparation. I think we have our QB for the next decade.

With all the talk about his height, I think in many ways it works to his advantage. Defenders are not used to such a small QB, and he can 'duck & hide' back there, and they don't know where he's going to pop up next!

Very exciting.

:2: and welcome! Glad to have you on the Russell Wilson train. Still a little more room for converts.

drdiags

Reaction score
You had to wonder how the vets took to this type of behavior. It's one thing if you are the #1 overall pick but until you show it on the field they probably thought he was a little cocky. Which isn't a bad thing but results do sway you as you get to know if you can depend on a team mate. Listening to Unger on KIRO yesterday, it sounds like he and Wilson have gotten a good feel for one another. Early in the season I got the impression Unger wasn't use to Wilson's leadership style. Unger interaction back then with Wilson seemed like the recent video clip of Lynch and Carroll talking on the sidelines.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3i6tdjxn said:
JonRud":3i6tdjxn said:

Very exciting.

:2: and welcome! Glad to have you on the Russell Wilson train. Still a little more room for converts.

Not to mention linebackers and safeties have a hellatime trying to read his eyes much less preparing for his quick release and fast feet.
Riding the DangeRuss bandwagon has been real fun lately--I just want to hop off and get back on again because he's made me a believer several times over.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
What he is doing makes a lot of sense. He is a very intelligent young guy and seems very tactful on how he works with other players

mikeak

Reaction score
drdiags":3s5h9t0a said:
You had to wonder how the vets took to this type of behavior. It's one thing if you are the #1 overall pick but until you show it on the field they probably thought he was a little cocky. Which isn't a bad thing but results do sway you as you get to know if you can depend on a team mate. Listening to Unger on KIRO yesterday, it sounds like he and Wilson have gotten a good feel for one another. Early in the season I got the impression Unger wasn't use to Wilson's leadership style. Unger interaction back then with Wilson seemed like the recent video clip of Lynch and Carroll talking on the sidelines.

I agree you had to wonder. With that said not everyone can do this. RW won the starting qb job and this clearly tells everyone that he says - I am the qb, I am the leader of the offensive part of the team and I will be held responsible. So here are my notes and I don't care that I was drafted in the 3rd round, labeled to short and that you have played for years. I am throwing the football and this is what I see now lets talk about it and practice....

Of course it sucks if his film study says they are going to attack the left side of the field and the coaches lays out the gameplan to the right :)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I didn't think he'd be tall enough to reach the locker handles.

Bipolar

Reaction score
RW seriously makes me want to freaking vomit.

way to take his personal responsibilities as a QB and take it to the extreme, squaring and quadrupling it. borderline douchy.

If I was left notes on how I should be doing my job and what to look out for, especially by a rookie, I'd probably kick his sorry ass.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Imagining him doing this just puts a big, stupid smile on my face, haha. Love this kid and glad he's our QB!

Latest posts