Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Russell Wilson leaving love notes in his wr's lockers
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:18 am 
NET Rookie

Such a teacher's pet.

http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/11/08/thu ... s-to-play/

Quote:
Rookie quarterback Russell Wilson has made a habit of leaving notes in the lockers of his wide receivers on Monday morning. Included in the notes are notes on that week’s opponent.

“I was a little surprised at first, but he always does it now,” veteran receiver Sidney Rice said. “That means he’s already studied the film. It’s a big help to all the receivers. You know what you’re going up against. He’s got the details on all the corners – who he thinks can be beat, what plays might work against which players. So it’s really good.”

It’s all part of Wilson’s preference for looking ahead, rather than back, as quickly as possible.

“My goal is to move on from the week before – whether it was great, whether there were some things we could have done better – and just focus on the next team,” Wilson said. “So I thought that was the best idea.

“I kind of just decided to do that, in terms putting things in the guys’ lockers and letting them know, ‘OK, this is what we need to do. This is what they do well. This is the coverages that they run in most situations.’ So that was an idea of mine, just to let the guys know kind of where I was at and what I was thinking about the week.”

Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson leaving love notes in his wr's lockers
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:21 am 
NET Veteran

Wilson's note from last week:

"psst golden, meet me under the big oak tree right after practice ;)"

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 am 
NET Veteran

This, IMO, is probably the biggest reason he beat out Flynn as a rookie. The guy's intangibles are off the charts. Stuff like this reminds me of what I've heard of Peyton Manning.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:36 am 
NET Veteran

Hawks46 wrote:
This, IMO, is probably the biggest reason he beat out Flynn as a rookie. The guy's intangibles are off the charts. Stuff like this reminds me of what I've heard of Peyton Manning.

Yup,was telling this to a buddie the other day.Freakin love it.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:37 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Teacher's pet because he is mature, disciplined and prepared each week?

...ok.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:38 am 
NET Veteran

Exactly. This kid is going to be something special. Like many others I felt a little trepidation when he was named the starter but wow he has delivered. His ceiling is very high indeed.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:53 am 
NET Rookie

Fox0r wrote:

...ok.

Sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm! I hate Hugh Millen. It was a shot at him.

I absolutely love stuff like this. And as others have said, is a part of exactly what makes RW so special, and why he is going to be successful in this league. He outworks EVERYONE. I'm guessing these notes comes before the wr's have even looked at game film. You know how RW is always tweeting #notime2sleep? I'm willing to bet that he has the upcoming team scouted the night of the last game, and has these notes waiting for his wr's Monday morning. The dude is a freak. He is the terminator when it comes to preperation.

Last edited by Hawkadeus on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:53 am 
NET Veteran

another reason why I love this kid , he wants to win.

Just compare JaMarcus Russel and Russell wilson in ur minds for a second ...LMAO!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:56 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Hawkadeus wrote:
Fox0r wrote:

...ok.

Sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm!

I hate Hugh Millen. It was a shot at him.

Oh, okay. I admittedly missed the sarcasm. So I owe you an apology.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:04 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

"Told ya so, told ya so, told ya so"...

Sorry, can never resist - especially with all the fussing in here after the draft.

Alas, maybe someone on the defense should be doing this too...? Hmmmmm

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:28 pm 
NET Veteran

TOLD YOU ALL SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been on this dude since college....I was hoping to get him in the 2nd round...guess PC/JS told me so.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:31 pm 
NET Veteran

Completely admit I am 100% sold on Wilson now. I was in the Flynn camp all through August/Sep...but I could not be more impressed by Wilson's improvement, demeanor & preparation. I think we have our QB for the next decade.

With all the talk about his height, I think in many ways it works to his advantage. Defenders are not used to such a small QB, and he can 'duck & hide' back there, and they don't know where he's going to pop up next!

Very exciting.

Win Forever!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:33 pm 
NET Veteran

JonRud wrote:
Completely admit I am 100% sold on Wilson now. I was in the Flynn camp all through August/Sep...but I could not be more impressed by Wilson's improvement, demeanor & preparation. I think we have our QB for the next decade.

With all the talk about his height, I think in many ways it works to his advantage. Defenders are not used to such a small QB, and he can 'duck & hide' back there, and they don't know where he's going to pop up next!

Very exciting.

:2: and welcome! Glad to have you on the Russell Wilson train. Still a little more room for converts.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:05 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

You had to wonder how the vets took to this type of behavior. It's one thing if you are the #1 overall pick but until you show it on the field they probably thought he was a little cocky. Which isn't a bad thing but results do sway you as you get to know if you can depend on a team mate. Listening to Unger on KIRO yesterday, it sounds like he and Wilson have gotten a good feel for one another. Early in the season I got the impression Unger wasn't use to Wilson's leadership style. Unger interaction back then with Wilson seemed like the recent video clip of Lynch and Carroll talking on the sidelines.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:07 pm 
NET Veteran

T-Sizzle wrote:
JonRud wrote:

Very exciting.

:2: and welcome! Glad to have you on the Russell Wilson train. Still a little more room for converts.

Not to mention linebackers and safeties have a hellatime trying to read his eyes much less preparing for his quick release and fast feet.
Riding the DangeRuss bandwagon has been real fun lately--I just want to hop off and get back on again because he's made me a believer several times over.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:09 pm 
NET Veteran

What he is doing makes a lot of sense. He is a very intelligent young guy and seems very tactful on how he works with other players

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:18 pm 
NET Veteran

drdiags wrote:
You had to wonder how the vets took to this type of behavior. It's one thing if you are the #1 overall pick but until you show it on the field they probably thought he was a little cocky. Which isn't a bad thing but results do sway you as you get to know if you can depend on a team mate. Listening to Unger on KIRO yesterday, it sounds like he and Wilson have gotten a good feel for one another. Early in the season I got the impression Unger wasn't use to Wilson's leadership style. Unger interaction back then with Wilson seemed like the recent video clip of Lynch and Carroll talking on the sidelines.

I agree you had to wonder. With that said not everyone can do this. RW won the starting qb job and this clearly tells everyone that he says - I am the qb, I am the leader of the offensive part of the team and I will be held responsible. So here are my notes and I don't care that I was drafted in the 3rd round, labeled to short and that you have played for years. I am throwing the football and this is what I see now lets talk about it and practice....

Of course it sucks if his film study says they are going to attack the left side of the field and the coaches lays out the gameplan to the right :)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:26 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

I didn't think he'd be tall enough to reach the locker handles.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:35 pm 
NET Veteran

RW seriously makes me want to freaking vomit.

way to take his personal responsibilities as a QB and take it to the extreme, squaring and quadrupling it. borderline douchy.

If I was left notes on how I should be doing my job and what to look out for, especially by a rookie, I'd probably kick his sorry ass.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 pm 
NET Veteran

Imagining him doing this just puts a big, stupid smile on my face, haha. Love this kid and glad he's our QB!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 pm 
NET Veteran

Bipolar wrote:

way to take his personal responsibilities as a QB and take it to the extreme, squaring and quadrupling it. borderline douchy.

If I was left notes on how I should be doing my job and what to look out for, especially by a rookie, I'd probably kick his sorry ass.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:44 pm 
NET Veteran

Bipolar wrote:

It's a good thing your not his teammate. I would have been taken aback by it at first. But then would have seen the value in his efforts. I beleive this is what Rice when through:
“I was a little surprised at first, but he always does it now,” veteran receiver Sidney Rice said. “That means he’s already studied the film. It’s a big help to all the receivers. You know what you’re going up against. He’s got the details on all the corners – who he thinks can be beat, what plays might work against which players. So it’s really good.”

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:01 pm 
NET Veteran

You're being sarcastic right?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:11 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Bipolar wrote:

lol, you're silly.

Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:23 pm 
* NET Philistine *

Bipolar wrote:

Me too. I've always assumed the type of player who studies lots of films and is looking for ways to exploit the opponent so the team wins is an awful, selfish, arrogant git.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:01 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Love the kids work ethic.

Makes me wonder what the Raiders lockeroom was like when they drafted Russel. Jamarcus Russel.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:07 pm 
NET Veteran

"Do you like me?

Yes/No"

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:28 pm 
NET Veteran

"Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?

[]yes []no []maybe"

In all seriousness though, I think we struck gold at quarterback. The guy is only a year or two older than me, but he's my idol.

"I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:30 pm 
NET Veteran

drdiags wrote:

The vets better damn well get onboard with it. I think they have. Rice saying he was "surprised" might a code word for "pissed off". I don't think it matters if he was a high pick. What matters is Wilson performing and the team winning - which is what is starting to happen. If he was sucking wind out there the receivers would tell him to shove his stinking notes.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:23 pm 
NET Veteran

I think it is more surprised in the fact that he may not have ever had a QB take the game to a Manning level before. If Wilson was 6'4" and did this everyone would think he was Brady like, because he is not and he is working hard to get every advantage and get his receivers and teamates on the same page so learning curve during tema film study is better used during position meetings it's a great time saver. He's already on next weeks game plan before the coaches.

This is what seperates average from HOF players, the extra stuff. Going forward every player is going to know who is the leader and hardest worker on this team, as he gets more years under his belt I can see him being a no bullshit leader holding his teamates accountable.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:59 pm 
NET Veteran

The kid is living for football and for his team. Notice how after every. single. interview. whether it be with National or Local media, he'll say "GO HAWKS!" I f'in love it!! I want the QB on my team to love and care about my team as much as I do as a fan!! Maybe he didn't grow up a Seahawks fan, but the dude is a huge Seahawks fan right now.

Plus, he's got light years of potential, and doesn't at all seem phased by any situation. He's also gotta be the smartest kid coming out of college I know. He knows if he makes football and the Seahawks his life, for 10-12-13-15-20 years he'll have forged a future for himself in which his family, his kids, and his kids-kids, will never have to work a day in their life. You can just see when you look at him, that he sees something in the future of where he wants to be, and what he wants to accomplish in his life, and I don't really see anyone getting in the way of that dream.

There's no doubt that I'll be rooting for him every second he's the QB of my team.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:00 pm 
NET Veteran

JonRud wrote:

Very exciting.

You ever hang out at Top Pot downtown? That's the coolest coffee house in Seattle.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:10 pm 
NET Rookie

chawx wrote:
The kid is living for football and for his team. Notice how after every. single. interview. whether it be with National or Local media, he'll say "GO HAWKS!" I f'in love it!! I want the QB on my team to love and care about my team as much as I do as a fan!! Maybe he didn't grow up a Seahawks fan, but the dude is a huge Seahawks fan right now.

Plus, he's got light years of potential, and doesn't at all seem phased by any situation. He's also gotta be the smartest kid coming out of college I know. He knows if he makes football and the Seahawks his life, for 10-12-13-15-20 years he'll have forged a future for himself in which his family, his kids, and his kids-kids, will never have to work a day in their life. You can just see when you look at him, that he sees something in the future of where he wants to be, and what he wants to accomplish in his life, and I don't really see anyone getting in the way of that dream.

There's no doubt that I'll be rooting for him every second he's the QB of my team.

Great post! I agree 100% :179422:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:18 pm 
NET Rookie

Definitely another encouraging sign for RW, he seems like the complete package. Seeing his ability to adapt and correct mistakes, you can't help but be excited for the future. The best part about it, is this is 10 games into year 1... I am very optimistic about seeing him blossom in year 2 and 3!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:52 pm 
NET Veteran

It's really confidence inspiring to see that what says at his press conferences is not just cliches borrowed from somewhere. The note dropping actually is 'making everyone around you better,' but it's not only that. By reading those notes, his WRs can get on the same page with him by knowing what he's thinking when he sees different formations and personnel...and if they see it differently they can discuss that. It also is the starting point or catalyst for discussions about 'if this happens, which we way will you go or what will you do' type of scenario talks.

Add-in the fact that he sits down with Unger to talk about line adjustments and you can clearly see how he's trying to elevate everyone's play across the entire offense. Not necissarily by focusing on the weaker individuals, but by getting everyone to communicate better so they can sing from the same sheet of music.

It just boggles my mind that he's doing this as a rook.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:20 pm 
NET Veteran

HawKnPeppa wrote:
It's really confidence inspiring to see that what says at his press conferences is not just cliches borrowed from somewhere. The note dropping actually is 'making everyone around you better,' but it's not only that. By reading those notes, his WRs can get on the same page with him by knowing what he's thinking when he sees different formations and personnel...and if they see it differently they can discuss that. It also is the starting point or catalyst for discussions about 'if this happens, which we way will you go or what will you do' type of scenario talks.

Add-in the fact that he sits down with Unger to talk about line adjustments and you can clearly see how he's trying to elevate everyone's play across the entire offense. Not necissarily by focusing on the weaker individuals, but by getting everyone to communicate better so they can sing from the same sheet of music.

It just boggles my mind that he's doing this as a rook.

I agree, you hear about some vets doing this but i doubt any of them were doing them as rookies. Russell's maturity and work ethic are incredible for any player let alone a rookie. I dont know if you all have twitter or follow him but on Tuesdays- aka the players day offs - he visits patients at childrens hospital; Russell's a special dude and I'm glad he's our qb

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:55 pm 
NET Veteran

I <3 RW! *giggle* * tee hee*

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:26 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Hawken-Dazs wrote:
"Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?

[]yes []no []maybe"

In all seriousness though, I think we struck gold at quarterback. The guy is only a year or two older than me, but he's my idol.

He's a few years younger than me and he's my idol! He's such an inspiration.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 pm 
* NET Baller *

Bipolar wrote:

You need to chill, he's doing the types of things Peyton Manning does, you telling me you wouldn't want to play with Peyton Manning if you were a WR? Outta here with that mess, dude.

You make me want to vomit with those stupid green jerseys in your sig.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:54 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

Steve2222 wrote:
Bipolar wrote:

You're being sarcastic right?

When I glanced at that before I actually read it, I thought it said;

"If I left notes on how I should be doing my job and what to look out for, especially as a rookie, I'd probably kick my sorry ass."

I like my way better.

Quote:

If I left notes on how I should be doing my job and what to look out for, especially as a rookie, I'd probably kick my sorry ass.

Much funnier.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:27 pm 
* NET Alumni *

Russell Wilson puts in more work in one week than Charlie Whitehurst put in during his two years here.

Like Doc said, I'm sure some vets rolled their eyes at first. But once you see how crazy a competitor and awesome a leader RW is, I don't see how you can do anything but fall in line. Same as how cream rises to the top. True leaders simply lead.

Wilson still has much to prove. Just look at Cam Newton this year. But I don't think I have ever been this impressed by a Seahawk player 9 games into their time here. Let alone a rookie.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:34 pm 
NET Practice Squad

He's exactly the kind of kid that would remind the teacher that the class had homework due.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:58 pm 
NET Starter

More like the student who suggests to the teacher that more homework might be appropriate.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:30 pm 
NET Veteran

chris98251 wrote:
I think it is more surprised in the fact that he may not have ever had a QB take the game to a Manning level before. If Wilson was 6'4" and did this everyone would think he was Brady like, because he is not and he is working hard to get every advantage and get his receivers and teamates on the same page so learning curve during tema film study is better used during position meetings it's a great time saver. He's already on next weeks game plan before the coaches.

This is what seperates average from HOF players, the extra stuff. Going forward every player is going to know who is the leader and hardest worker on this team, as he gets more years under his belt I can see him being a no bullshit leader holding his teamates accountable.

You got that right chris, it reminds me of the dedication that Largent put into his game, and it paid huge dividends when he and Dave Kreig would spend EXTRA hours getting all the minute details of the routes that he would run, and where he planned to get open on those routes to catch the balls.
I think it's great to have that kind of self motivation, AND in a rookie no less. :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:07 pm 
NET Practice Squad

NJHawksFan wrote:
He's exactly the kind of kid that would remind the teacher that the class had homework due.

There is a huge difference though.

The kid reminding the teacher there is homework due is doing that to be a suck-up and for the sole benefit of himself.

Russell Wilson is doing this for the benefit of his TEAM. It's making everyone better.

I honestly don't know how anyone is complaining that Russell is doing this. You must lead a sad life if so.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:33 pm 
NET Veteran

One additional thought, if your ROOKIE QB is doing this and trying to help everyone get better and if you have players complain or have issues with it , the question should be is the guy complaining worth having on the team to begin with, Wilson is putting up and working, the guys complaining that are not making plays are doiung what?

The old addage about putting up or shutting up comes into play, pretty sure Wilson is putting up.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Last edited by chris98251 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:34 pm 
NET Veteran

scutterhawk wrote:
chris98251 wrote:

You got that right chris, it reminds me of the dedication that Largent put into his game, and it paid huge dividends when he and Dave Kreig would spend EXTRA hours getting all the minute details of the routes that he would run, and where he planned to get open on those routes to catch the balls.
I think it's great to have that kind of self motivation, AND in a rookie no less. :th2thumbs:

What about the seconds details

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:05 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

I wonder if he's ever been wrong and the WR were like WTF was he thinking on this haha....must be a wiz kid who really pays attention to detail....all the makings of a great QB....only upside

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:42 pm 
NET Practice Squad

SeaToTheHawks wrote:
NJHawksFan wrote:

There is a huge difference though.

The kid reminding the teacher there is homework due is doing that to be a suck-up and for the sole benefit of himself.

Russell Wilson is doing this for the benefit of his TEAM. It's making everyone better.

I honestly don't know how anyone is complaining that Russell is doing this. You must lead a sad life if so.

I was making a joke dude. I'm getting Russell's jersey for god's sake.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:38 pm 
NET Veteran

Bipolar wrote:

this is why he's a starting NFL quarterback and you're armchair..

its hilarious people think this work ethic is common behavior in professional sports, yea kinda like the Cowboys that went down and partied in mehico before the playoffs? they haven't been back since.

theres a lot to be said for this type of dedication, its what sets them apart from the average player, to reach this level one has to sacrifice everything, yup, boodie calls, happy hours, friends, family, you eat, drink and sleep football..

some of these players are simply there to work hard for the contract then show up for the check on Tuesday, if you can't see that you're not looking, I see some players for the Hawks that give up early, especially in the secondary, that behavior makes you just another ordinary player..

players love the notes, they've said so, it allows them to focus on other things, in this game there is never enough time for everything cuz every week another dimension shows up that you have to prepare for, conditioning training is non stop and relentless a 12 hour a day job just to be on top, then to dominate?

Rdub deserves props for his extra curricular achievements, he OBVIOUSLY shows up prepared, while some of his opponents on the other hand....

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]