I see why Peterson got loose on the 74 yard run

The Radish

Reaction score
Just watched the replay at .com and see that one of our players tried to undercut him on the sideline and he simply stepped over him, cut left and was gone. Put his arms out and tackled him there that run is over in about 5 yards.

Breaks my heart the failing of our tackling most of the first half.

:les:

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, that player was KJ Wright who, I believe, suffered his concussion 1 or 2 plays before that (taking on the FB). I'm not sure if he was right in the head for that play.

No excuses for the rest of the team, though.

sturg78

Reaction score
I assumed KJ got the concussion from that play as he reached out, AP cut back and KJ ended up taking out the persuing defender (Red I think) from the legs. I thought Red, in that mash up, may have kneed KJ in the head.

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":yr2ih475 said:
If I remember correctly, that player was KJ Wright who, I believe, suffered his concussion 1 or 2 plays before that (taking on the FB). I'm not sure if he was right in the head for that play.

Nope, it was Mike Morgan who REPLACED KJ the play before.

Richard Sherman was actually in position to make a play and was moving towards the tackle, but he was held by the back of the jersey - couldn't believe it wasn't called at the time.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
sturg78":2k36u42d said:
I assumed KJ got the concussion from that play as he reached out, AP cut back and KJ ended up taking out the persuing defender (Red I think) from the legs. I thought Red, in that mash up, may have kneed KJ in the head.

It's possible, but if you go back and rewatch the play before (first play of the game, I think), KJ takes on the FB in the hole and right after you can tell he's hurt or not feeling right. Clemons noticed it to and waved to the bench a couple of times pointing at KJ, but Wright waived them off. Tough SOB, KJ is.

Chrome_Seahawk":2k36u42d said:
Recon_Hawk":2k36u42d said:

Nope, it was Mike Morgan who REPLACED KJ the play before.

Richard Sherman was actually in position to make a play and was moving towards the tackle, but he was held by the back of the jersey - couldn't believe it wasn't called at the time.

My internet connection is shitty, so the video is blurry, but I'm 99.9% sure the link below shows KJ on the field. Wearing #50 playing SAM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vik ... -74-yd-run

And I agree with the Sherman hold that wasn't called. Refs blew that one.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
My buddy Bill the blue thunder just pointed out to me I had put lose rather than loose. Boy did I deserve the crap he gave me.

He can't wait to get after me cause he knows I prefer his lovely wife Debbie to him 37,000 to 1

Thanks Bill

:D

BlueThunder

Reaction score
The Radish":2xr1j66a said:
My buddy Bill the blue thunder just pointed out to me I had put lose rather than loose. Boy did I deserve the crap he gave me.

He can't wait to get after me cause he knows I prefer his lovely wife Debbie to him 37,000 to 1

Thanks Bill

lmao! I always tell Deb what you write about her, and she always reacts the same way... A "pffft", followed by :roll:

:lol:

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
BlueThunder":37ntgnw0 said:
The Radish":37ntgnw0 said:

Thanks Bill

lmao! I always tell Deb what you write about her, and she always reacts the same way... A "pffft", followed by :roll:

:lol:

I'm crushed, another of life's dreams snuffed by a woman.

:cry:

Dismas

Reaction score
I thought, when I first saw the play, and in most replays that I have seen, that I saw Sherman getting held on that play, and it looked to me like if he hadn't, he would have been in a good spot to nudge Peterson out of bounds.

Anyone else see this?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Dismas":hiwofzoi said:
I thought, when I first saw the play, and in most replays that I have seen, that I saw Sherman getting held on that play, and it looked to me like if he hadn't, he would have been in a good spot to nudge Peterson out of bounds.

Anyone else see this?

Nonsense. Everyone knows that Peterson gained the yards he did because our run D sucks. That's been made crystal clear here in the last week.

themunn

Reaction score
I thought Sherman slipped when I watched that in real-time on Sunday night.
That's pretty blatant holding though, even if he hadn't got the tackle in or pushed him out of bounds, he'd have slowed him enough that he wouldn't have taken out Red and KJ with what was an admittedly sweet cutback

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think that play in particular was at the top of Pete's mind when he mentioned on the B&S show about having to get back to the fundamentals; proper footwork being one thing he mentioned specifically. That big play felt like it was dead in the water a couple of times but because of guys playing too aggressively and overpursuing ADP to the sideline he was able to make a sick cutback and use their aggressiveness against them (being the boss athleate he is).

With a guy like ADP, you really need to breakdown and let him come to you then wrap up with proper form and technique. You may cede an additional yard or three that way as he bowls over you (and you won't be on Sportscenter with a highlight reel de-cleater), but at least he'll be on the ground where he can't uncork a 70 yard run on your ass (and put you on Sportscenter in the bad way).

MRH72

Reaction score
That sideline cut was unreal. Did he REALLY tear his ACL less than 12 months ago?

I don't think our tackling is poor...but it sure looked like it on that play. (aaaand a few others that game) AP is a special talent though, sometimes big players make big plays.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea, I saw someone getting held that play, and hollering at the refs about it, but I couldn't tell the number in real time.

There's usually holding on every play, but that one was in space and at the point of attack. Almost as bad as missing a dead ball delay of game penalty on a FG.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Alan Branch also got owned by that AP stiff arm. The play should have ended right there.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
The Radish":kr0gg301 said:
Just watched the replay at .com and see that one of our players tried to undercut him on the sideline and he simply stepped over him, cut left and was gone. Put his arms out and tackled him there that run is over in about 5 yards.

Breaks my heart the failing of our tackling most of the first half.

:les:

Yeah I agree, the tackling that game wasn't our D's usual, nor was the Dline play (Vikes Oline isn't necessarily swiss cheese of course, but we weren't playing on all cylinders this game).

I would also agree though that if you don't fence up AP he's going to make you pay with YAC all day long. Shoulder pops and arm tackles are not gonna get that done.

Rewatched the game again late-night for fun and know this D plays better than that.
Also, I feel THIS was actually RW's best game to date (not in terms of numbers). Very cool to watch.

Latest posts