Good old Leroy

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Seems like the dude has been around forever.

Every game he just straps it on and plays ball. He'll never be a superstar, but he's kind of becoming the Chris Gray of the defense. The guy that kept on playing because there wasn't anyone better ... because eventually you just have to admit that he's damn good.

Every winning team has solid vets like this guy, who don't cost a lot, but do their job. He has my respect.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Hell yeah man. Leroy is awesome and I'm glad that we still have a pretty good starter around from our epic 05-06 run.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Well said. With a team so full of young guys on the defensive side, it's got to help to have a veteran with his experience.

It'll be interesting to see how the team handles him in free agency. I'd be fine bringing him back with a short contract, somewhat how the team attempted to do with Hawthorne (not the length and cost, though.)

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
im sure he will be back , but we will see.

Not one person alive would have thought he would out last Tatupu and Curry . But he restructured and has hung on type . I think he loves seattle

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I was actually just thinking about guys, who I thought were least likely to last that long as Seahawks.

Hill was at the top of the list because he was being underused and was from Georgia - I saw him as a Ken Lucas type guy.

It is almost inconceivable that he will be the longest tenured Hawk in the near future (after Trufant retires or leaves).

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I think you're right EastCoast. He seemed very appreciative of Pete Carroll and the Seahawks resigning him back to back years even though he had gone through some trouble with the law and an injury. Maybe this is just Hopeful Fan Speak, but I think he may give Seattle a better deal with his contract than he could find elsewhere.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
A couple years after they Tatupu and Hill stepped in as rookie starters. Had you asked fans who would have stuck around this long, and who only 5 years, 99.9% of fans would've said Lofa Tatupu for the long term Hawk & Hill the 5 year and out guy. Off-field exploits aside, Leroy has been an impressive and steadfast Seahawk! Too bad you the Hawks have never sold his jersey.

misfit

Reaction score
And weed just got legalized! He's safe for a while now...

skater18000

Reaction score
Leroy is a solid option to play where he does until we find his replacement eventually. When we do replace him, it will be about time to retire anyway and wrap up a nice long lived career as hawk. Hope to see him raise the 12 one day. Leroy you will always be loved here in Seattle... go hawks

Barthawk

Reaction score
Good post John.. Leroy is only 29 years old.. he will play here for 2-3 more years easily.. he is a force in the run game and actually has been much better in the pass game the past 2 years.. maybe it is because he has been healthy..

Leroy is going to be the Mack Strong of the defense.. you know, we draft Reggie Brown, Heath Evans, Chris Davis but none of them can unseat the steady vet..

BlueTalon

Reaction score
misfit":2kbjdn8h said:
And weed just got legalized! He's safe for a while now...
Crap! I have been studiously ignoring and bypassing all forms of news, trying to remain blissfully ignorant of politics and election results. I knew I would run across some stuff inadvertently, but dammit!

kearly

Reaction score
This is the first year where a fully healthy Leroy Hill seemed only average to me. Usually he's been a really good player- better than his solid stat lines each season.

It's strange though, I actually look forward to when Hill and Trufant have moved on. Both have had very good careers, entirely with our team. But they are also very vanilla and always has been, and Pete Carroll is like the fat kid (me) at the frozen yogurt place that puts every topping on 3 different types of ice cream. Almost every player on his defense is unique and interesting. Hill and Trufant are/were good players, but they'll never make those "huh? wow!" kind of plays that we see from Bryant, Clemons, Irvin, Browner, etc.

Case in point, on the draft forum we've been talking about Dion Jordan a bit. He's one of the weirdest players I've ever seen: a 6'7" 240 pound DE that looks and moves (~4.4 type speed) like a giant WR. And who sometimes lines up at CB and plays a mean press cover. Normally I wouldn't want such a weird and undefined player on my team, but with Pete, I know he'd find a really exciting way to utilize an athlete like that somewhere on his defense, and Leroy Hill's spot would be a great fit.

Similarly, I've been a fan of all the little things Trufant does, but I simply cannot wait until Thurmond takes his job. Thurmond was one of our most exciting DBs early last season before getting hurt.

acbass

Reaction score
I just can't believe Hill has been with us this long. I still have a poster of him when he was Clemson. Still seems like that was yesterday. That's crazy...

Latest posts