Gameday Tailgating

glucas11

Reaction score
I appologize if this subject has been beaten to death, but I was wondering what everyone recommends for tailgating on game day and what is a good time to arrive? The seahawks.com site only shows one spot for tailgates.

The Radish

Reaction score
Its talked about every week, no problem. Some onsite know of some places but the City of Seattle has really hurt everyone's chance to enjoy a harmless fan favorite.

Hope fully someone here can come up with something for you. And Welcome to Seahawks.net

:th2thumbs:

p.s. I'm also moving this to the main forum so it will get better coverage.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
The only real tail gating you will find is in the various off-site parking areas near the stadium. Just find one loaded down with Hawks fans and join in.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Get there by 7am and start driving around the stadium.

I think there is a very small part of the North parking lot still open so I would check there first.

7am, 7am, 7am

Did I say 7am?

Have fun, weather looks to be chilly but dry.

Go Hawks!!!

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I remember when you could get there around 10AM and you'd be golden... now you have to get their super early to get something within walking distance with a sensible buzz.

twelfman

Reaction score
On first ave on the other side of safeco next to the tracks there are plenty of places and lots of tailgaters ,pop up tents,beer pong and sack toss tables , even people who bring tents,big screens and tarp off areas where they set up their chairs to watch pregame and the other games in progress
I think thats what you're after
Don't quote me on first ave but it is easy to find if you go to the east side of safeco, it starts under the off ramp from the freeway that goes to their parking lot and goes about 6 or 7 blocks
There are a lot of others but this is easy to find
ENJOY

The Radish

Reaction score
twelfman":1eixgje1 said:
On first ave on the other side of safeco next to the tracks there are plenty of places and lots of tailgaters ,pop up tents,beer pong and sack toss tables , even people who bring tents,big screens and tarp off areas where they set up their chairs to watch pregame and the other games in progress
I think thats what you're after
Don't quote me on first ave but it is easy to find if you go to the east side of safeco, it starts under the off ramp from the freeway that goes to their parking lot and goes about 6 or 7 blocks
There are a lot of others but this is easy to find
ENJOY

Isn't that the place they used to call Tail Gate Heaven?

I think the city closed it. We went there a couple of times years ago and it was fantastic. People there that set up TVs and watched the game from there.

:les:

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
The North lot is prime ground as it is right in front of the stadium. However parking is limited, expensive (around $40 and more for RV) and inconvenient (can't start tailgating early). There are a few lots that accept tailgaters but you must be attentive to their rules. The best small lot I've found is on holgate across the street from the office supply store (nice staff and bathrooms). If you are looking for a budget friendly option street parking is usually free. Like many have said the area on first Ave is nice with lots of good tailgate action. There is also a good area near the railroad tracks just off holgate and 4th. There are several blocks with a similar environment to what you will find on first. Seattle is not a great tailgating location, but I hope this helps you find a good place to have a good time!