Russell Wilson on NFL am tomorrow

sc85sis

Reaction score
For his sake I hope it's pre-taped because that's EARLY on this side of the country.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No offense to Russell, but he gives a pretty boring interview.......lots and lots of bromides and cliches. Hopefully as his career moves along he'll become more open and engaging like Hasselbeck did.

kidhawk

Reaction score
For those not up at 3am PT when it first airs, they air the show again starting at 7am PT.

I turn on NFLAM each weekday morning while I'm getting ready for work. This morning they had about 15 minutes or so of hawks Jets talk. They were playing up the fact that Pete had told Sanchez to stay in college another year. Also, they had two of their guys discussing the matchup and neither of them gave the Jets a chance this weekend. They seem pretty confident in a Seahawks victory this weekend.

AVL

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fc6vkzof said:
No offense to Russell, but he gives a pretty boring interview.......lots and lots of bromides and cliches. Hopefully as his career moves along he'll become more open and engaging like Hasselbeck did.

Definitely not SNL material. I think trying to keep an even keel might rob him of some personality.

As I have said before his actions are much more entertaining than his words.

madbohem

Reaction score
Who cares. Lets watch 15 years of football towards a HOF career. He can cure my insomnia after every game if he must.

mikeak

Reaction score
So it is a strenght when someone puts up a picture of RW's face under pressure being the same as when scoring a TD being the same as when throwing an int

But it is a weakness that he is calm and doesn't bring a lot of extra to the table for interviews

I don't care - never cared what media thought of my team in regards to power ranking. I do care when media properly breaks down my team positive and negative and the same for the opponent.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mikeak":1vn3vrt0 said:
But it is a weakness that he is calm and doesn't bring a lot of extra to the table for interviews.

Not a weakness, he's just not very interesting to listen to, that's all. No need for everyone to rush to his defense. Russell's all business when it comes to football, and it's the same way he comes across in interviews.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I don't want him to be like Hasselbeck. I loved Hass, but our New QB brings an attitude that might be boring to listen to but that's going to provide us with ALOT of wins over the years. He doesn't mess around, and it's all about giving himself and us and the team the best he possibly can at all times.

I'm all for boring interviews if he keeps improving on the field like he has.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":10vozlnc said:
mikeak":10vozlnc said:
But it is a weakness that he is calm and doesn't bring a lot of extra to the table for interviews.

Not a weakness, he's just not very interesting to listen to, that's all. No need for everyone to rush to his defense. Russell's all business when it comes to football, and it's the same way he comes across in interviews.

You are hoping he will change and become more like Hasselbeck so I read that as a current weakness and you want him to improve.

I am not rushing to his defense. I completely agree with you that he is a boring interview. On the other hand he is well spoken and very interesting in the Gruden interview where they break down tape. You can tell that he is smart and I simply don't care if he is interesting when asked regular interview questions. It doesn't impact his play on the field.

Cromartie is not boring in an interview but you can't understand what he is saying and he is amusing when he stumbles on his kids name....