Walter Thurmond reactivated from PUP

ivotuk

Reaction score
That made my week. Thurmond is, imho, one of the best slot defenders in the NFL once he scrapes the rust off and the slot is one of the most productive positions there is for teams like New England.

This will pay dividends this year :th2thumbs:

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Seems like Johnson did very well last week in stopping those underneath plays. Does that bump him or do they keep him in there? I like what he does at the pseudo LB position. He's big enough to cover a TE and fast enough to cover a WR. I worry that Thurmond is one play away from going back on the IR.

Hawks46

Reaction score
"I do wonder how much of his deep speed he has left"

He's coming back from a broken bone. I don't see his speed affected much. Now if it was an ACL, MCL, PCL type thing, then yea, it takes some time.

Pete also mentioned that he looked very quick and it was obvious how much hard work Thurmond had been putting in. I kinda got that Pete was a bit surprised he was in decent football shape from his tone.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawks46":3f0yy6ch said:
He's coming back from a broken bone. I don't see his speed affected much. Now if it was an ACL, MCL, PCL type thing, then yea, it takes some time.

He tore all three in 2009.

JKent82

Reaction score
Sweet!

Has there been much word on how he's been in practice? Full speed or not?

Once he gets back in game shape it'll be big for us I think. Hope they don't rush him, I remember Roy Lewis last year coming off the pup and playing against the Ravens and getting shredded early on.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
JKent82":3s3mpm1f said:
Has there been much word on how he's been in practice? Full speed or not?

Don't know how much, but O'Neill says he's looked good in the practice he's gotten.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing him back on the field. First round talent, seventh round health.

sutz

Reaction score
Good news. Have we heard who will be waived yet?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
sutz":1ceksd9x said:
Good news. Have we heard who will be waived yet?

Charly Martin was added to PS to make room for WT3 if I'm not mistaken

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
gargantual":3fijh6qq said:
Will it tempt fate to wonder if a pool should be started guessing how long till he's injured again? :stirthepot:

Yes.

:shoot:

blkhwk

Reaction score
SharkHawk":oau5rkpn said:
Seems like Johnson did very well last week in stopping those underneath plays. Does that bump him or do they keep him in there? I like what he does at the pseudo LB position. He's big enough to cover a TE and fast enough to cover a WR. I worry that Thurmond is one play away from going back on the IR.

Isn't every player one play from going to IR?