Charly Martin Added to the Practice Squad

TaterHawk

Reaction score
They had to activate him or put him out for the season.

Could be making room for a LB? I know Trufant may have lost a step, but i sure like his vet experience. I hope they don't unplug him. I guess if a corner got hurt we would rather have Thurmond. No word on anyone going down to the minors so that's 11 DBs.. is it Bandit time again ???

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
TaterHawk":31fodpg7 said:
They had to activate him or put him out for the season.

Could be making room for a LB? I know Trufant may have lost a step, but i sure like his vet experience. I hope they don't unplug him. I guess if a corner got hurt we would rather have Thurmond. No word on anyone going down to the minors so that's 11 DBs.. is it Bandit time again ???

Well in pete's presser, he insinuated that they've decided on what they want to do with Thurmond, they just don't want to make it public yet. They still could sign a linebacker if necessary and release someone else. It's all up in the air, and they may be waiting for the test results on KJ and Carpenter today

aku

Reaction score
CANHawk":381jhpm2 said:
What the damn? That guy is like 30! He's still eligable?
I didn't think he would be. But not only did he not join the NFL until 2009, but apparently he sat out the entire 2011 season. That makes this officially his third year, which is still eligible as long as they meet some conditions.

ak3000

Reaction score
aku":fgaoo2k0 said:
CANHawk":fgaoo2k0 said:
What the damn? That guy is like 30! He's still eligable?
I didn't think he would be. But not only did he not join the NFL until 2009, but apparently he sat out the entire 2011 season. That makes this officially his third year, which is still eligible as long as they meet some conditions.

PS limits players to only have played 9 regular season games... Martin has played in 12. Unless there's some loophole, I see the NFL saying no and undo it.

EDIT: never mind its nine games in a single accrued season.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Walter Thurmond is promoted to the roster.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I like Martin. Of the few times I've seen him targeted, he has battled for the the catch....including bruising a lung during game 1. Glad he is at least on the PS.

If Kearse laughs after dropping a ball again, he will be on my meh list. I'd rather have a player who will play hard with good fundamentals.