Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Good Luck against the Jets!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 pm 
* Report Button *

Yup, 1998. It got the NFL instant replay and Seattle Holmgren. It cost the Hawks the playoffs (I know, not exactly, but it killed the momentum).

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:52 pm 
NET Starter

djb28 wrote:
The Jets, No matter what anyone thinks of them have rushed for 155 yard per game the past month. And we havent been able to stop the run efficiently as of late. Hope that doesnt bite us!

Yeah but 155 yards a game against who? They only managed 118 versus the Bills, 66 on the Steelers, 93 on the Phins, 100 on the Niners, 69 on the Texans, 106 on the Pats and 105 against the Phins (round 2). The one game that padded their numbers was against the Colts where they racked up 252 yards. Outside of that game their rushing attack hasn't been all that great.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:59 pm 
NET Starter

drdiags wrote:
KitsapHawk wrote:
drdiags wrote:
Until then, it's Party like it's 1999. :stirthepot:

Is that not the year vinny beat us on that sneak as a member of the jets?

Quote:
"A lot of people think the play back in '98 was responsible for bringing in instant replay," the former Jets QB told ESPNNewYork.com Tuesday night. "Well, even with instant replay, these guys got it wrong (Monday night). It's pretty bad when you can't get it right with instant replay."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/16061/testaverde-knows-about-phantom-tds

It still amazes me how many football insiders think that play was the Packers and show they clearly have no concept of what a simultaneous catch is.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:16 pm 
NET Rookie

Have we had a shut out under coach Carrol yet? I would say we are due.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:48 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

falcongoggles wrote:
PatsFanNH wrote:
I will be cheering hard for a Hawks win as I despise the Jets. But the Jets will be dangerous IMO as they are coming off a disappointing loss to NE and a humiliating loss to the Phins. I wouldnt be shocked see trick plays, going for it on 4th and short a lot etc... they are a DESPERATE team and a loss Sunday all but guarantees them a spot on the couch come playoff time.

So good luck!

What an awesome poster. This guy comes here on Pats weak and represents his team with respectful smack talk and thoughtful analysis. Then his team gets beat and he owns it. Finally, he comes back to the site of a team his team lost to, to wish them luck. This is a super class-act post!

Awesome poster alright. Cool too, 'cause im in the moist towelette biz (although to be honest, i lead throwdown to believe i was in the Razor biz) and just your luck we make a line of moist towelettes designes specifically for those unsightly brown nose stains. :thirishdrinkers:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:49 am 
NET Veteran

400WattHPSHawk wrote:

Awesome poster alright. Cool too, 'cause im in the moist towelette biz (although to be honest, i lead throwdown to believe i was in the Razor biz) and just your luck we make a line of moist towelettes designes specifically for those unsightly brown nose stains. :thirishdrinkers:

oooooh, somebody's trying to make a funny, aren't they?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:03 am 
NET Veteran

ALL I CAN SEE IN MY HEAD IS A BLOWOUT!
we are due
keep the gas pedal down Pete! :0190l:

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]