Good Luck against the Jets!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Good Luck against the Jets!
Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:30 am
  • I will be cheering hard for a Hawks win as I despise the Jets. But the Jets will be dangerous IMO as they are coming off a disappointing loss to NE and a humiliating loss to the Phins. I wouldnt be shocked see trick plays, going for it on 4th and short a lot etc... they are a DESPERATE team and a loss Sunday all but guarantees them a spot on the couch come playoff time.

So good luck!
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

Re: Good Luck against the Jets!
Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:31 am
  • We don't need luck...we got skill. Jets are dead.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:33 am
  • T-Sizzle wrote:We don't need luck...we got skill. Jets are dead.

Yep. We'll destroy them. I'm MUCH more confident about this game than I have been about any other game all season.

One does not simply win at CLink.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:37 am
  • I hope you guys are right, the Jets will be desperate so dont be shocked if it is close.... (But I can see at least 2 pick 6's for your D late to clinch the game.)
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:41 am
  • I see the Hawks winning big, but it's still the NFL, and you never know. We might only win by 17 :)
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:51 am
  • I really hope the hawks players aren't thinking the same way we are
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:57 am
  • Thanks Pats fan. I imagine that the Jets will come out highly motivated after having to hear for a week their recent failures. Hopefully their talent drain will just not let them stay in the game but funny things can happen on a football field.

Pstark3 wrote:I really hope the hawks players aren't thinking the same way we are

We will re-calibrate the first time the Jets rip off a 60 yd TD run or Sanchez hits us with a bomb. Then our glee will turn vindictive and heads will roll.

Until then, it's Party like it's 1999. :stirthepot:
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:01 am
  • It's ok for Hawks fans to be confident. We don't contribute to the win. I doubt the team is taking the Jet's lightly. Frankly I like our offense better than theirs. I also like our defense better than theirs and it's at home. All that equates to me is a beatdown. At least a 10+ point win.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:31 am
  • One thing for you guys to consider - Pete Carroll is going to like the chances of our defense against the Jets offense at CenturyLink. His thought process is going to be about avoiding turnovers on our side and then capitalizing off Sanchez INTs, and that will lead to a very conservative offensive gameplan. Consider as well that the Jets defense is their better unit and this could very well be a lower scoring game. Vegas agrees, as the over/under is only 38 points right now.

I expect this game to be closer score-wise than it is in reality, as we win 21-16 or something but lead most of the game.
    "Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades. I just gave the worst grade ever to Seattle." - WalterFootball.com
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:36 am
  • here here.. it's not like the hawks arent' coming off a less the satisfactory game against the vikes defensively., i would think they got their a**es chewed pretty good, and is motivated to correct some of those mistakes and get the team back on track defensively.. i look at this as another statement game... we have some players coming back from injuries, a steadily improving offense, and a defense that will be looking to prove a point.. oh and not to mention, the game is at the CLink...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:56 am
  • We best be concerned with wait for it ... Tim Tebow! lol But for real Any given Sunday so I do hope the players are not over confident about this one.
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:01 pm
  • I think Pete Carroll officially ends the Mark Sanchez era in NY on Sunday.

Which I find quite ironic :)
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:10 pm
  • If this game is close in halftime and we are playing conservatively expect the playbook to be opened up in the 2nd half with deep bombs all over the place
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:29 pm
  • The Jets, No matter what anyone thinks of them have rushed for 155 yard per game the past month. And we havent been able to stop the run efficiently as of late. Hope that doesnt bite us!
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:37 pm
  • PatsFanNH wrote:I will be cheering hard for a Hawks win as I despise the Jets. But the Jets will be dangerous IMO as they are coming off a disappointing loss to NE and a humiliating loss to the Phins. I wouldnt be shocked see trick plays, going for it on 4th and short a lot etc... they are a DESPERATE team and a loss Sunday all but guarantees them a spot on the couch come playoff time.

So good luck!

What an awesome poster. This guy comes here on Pats weak and represents his team with respectful smack talk and thoughtful analysis. Then his team gets beat and he owns it. Finally, he comes back to the site of a team his team lost to, to wish them luck. This is a super class-act post!
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:40 pm
  • falcongoggles wrote:What an awesome poster. This guy comes here on Pats weak and represents his team with respectful smack talk and thoughtful analysis. Then his team gets beat and he owns it. Finally, he comes back to the site of a team his team lost to, to wish them luck. This is a super class-act post!

I completely agree.

PatsFanNH, you are more than welcome to stay here indefinitely. Keep posting, broseph.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm
  • Another thing that just occurred to me, this is the first time Sanchez will play against a Carrol coached team. Wonder how that plays into the dynamic of the game? Maybe extra motivation for Sanchez than usual?

Should be interesting to watch.
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:50 pm
  • I am not worried about the Jets going for it on 4th and short. We're good against that. But anytime they go for it on 4th and long I will be worried.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:16 pm
  • drdiags wrote:Until then, it's Party like it's 1999. :stirthepot:

Is that not the year vinny beat us on that sneak as a member of the jets?
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:18 pm
  • KitsapHawk wrote:
    drdiags wrote:Until then, it's Party like it's 1999. :stirthepot:

"A lot of people think the play back in '98 was responsible for bringing in instant replay," the former Jets QB told ESPNNewYork.com Tuesday night. "Well, even with instant replay, these guys got it wrong (Monday night). It's pretty bad when you can't get it right with instant replay."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/16061/testaverde-knows-about-phantom-tds
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 pm
  • Yup, 1998. It got the NFL instant replay and Seattle Holmgren. It cost the Hawks the playoffs (I know, not exactly, but it killed the momentum).
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:52 pm
  • djb28 wrote:The Jets, No matter what anyone thinks of them have rushed for 155 yard per game the past month. And we havent been able to stop the run efficiently as of late. Hope that doesnt bite us!

Yeah but 155 yards a game against who? They only managed 118 versus the Bills, 66 on the Steelers, 93 on the Phins, 100 on the Niners, 69 on the Texans, 106 on the Pats and 105 against the Phins (round 2). The one game that padded their numbers was against the Colts where they racked up 252 yards. Outside of that game their rushing attack hasn't been all that great.
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:59 pm
  • drdiags wrote:
    KitsapHawk wrote:
    drdiags wrote:Until then, it's Party like it's 1999. :stirthepot:

"A lot of people think the play back in '98 was responsible for bringing in instant replay," the former Jets QB told ESPNNewYork.com Tuesday night. "Well, even with instant replay, these guys got it wrong (Monday night). It's pretty bad when you can't get it right with instant replay."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/16061/testaverde-knows-about-phantom-tds

It still amazes me how many football insiders think that play was the Packers and show they clearly have no concept of what a simultaneous catch is.
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:16 pm
  • Have we had a shut out under coach Carrol yet? I would say we are due.
    AKSeahawker
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:48 pm
  • falcongoggles wrote:
    PatsFanNH wrote:I will be cheering hard for a Hawks win as I despise the Jets. But the Jets will be dangerous IMO as they are coming off a disappointing loss to NE and a humiliating loss to the Phins. I wouldnt be shocked see trick plays, going for it on 4th and short a lot etc... they are a DESPERATE team and a loss Sunday all but guarantees them a spot on the couch come playoff time.

So good luck!

What an awesome poster. This guy comes here on Pats weak and represents his team with respectful smack talk and thoughtful analysis. Then his team gets beat and he owns it. Finally, he comes back to the site of a team his team lost to, to wish them luck. This is a super class-act post!

Awesome poster alright. Cool too, 'cause im in the moist towelette biz (although to be honest, i lead throwdown to believe i was in the Razor biz) and just your luck we make a line of moist towelettes designes specifically for those unsightly brown nose stains. :thirishdrinkers:
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:49 am
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:
    Awesome poster alright. Cool too, 'cause im in the moist towelette biz (although to be honest, i lead throwdown to believe i was in the Razor biz) and just your luck we make a line of moist towelettes designes specifically for those unsightly brown nose stains. :thirishdrinkers:

oooooh, somebody's trying to make a funny, aren't they?
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:03 am
  • ALL I CAN SEE IN MY HEAD IS A BLOWOUT!
    we are due
    keep the gas pedal down Pete! :0190l:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information