Good Luck against the Jets!

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
I will be cheering hard for a Hawks win as I despise the Jets. But the Jets will be dangerous IMO as they are coming off a disappointing loss to NE and a humiliating loss to the Phins. I wouldnt be shocked see trick plays, going for it on 4th and short a lot etc... they are a DESPERATE team and a loss Sunday all but guarantees them a spot on the couch come playoff time.

So good luck!

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
I hope you guys are right, the Jets will be desperate so dont be shocked if it is close.... (But I can see at least 2 pick 6's for your D late to clinch the game.)

Pstark3

Reaction score
I really hope the hawks players aren't thinking the same way we are

drdiags

Reaction score
Thanks Pats fan. I imagine that the Jets will come out highly motivated after having to hear for a week their recent failures. Hopefully their talent drain will just not let them stay in the game but funny things can happen on a football field.

Pstark3":3tx898b8 said:
I really hope the hawks players aren't thinking the same way we are

We will re-calibrate the first time the Jets rip off a 60 yd TD run or Sanchez hits us with a bomb. Then our glee will turn vindictive and heads will roll.

Until then, it's Party like it's 1999. :stirthepot:

jlwaters1

Reaction score
It's ok for Hawks fans to be confident. We don't contribute to the win. I doubt the team is taking the Jet's lightly. Frankly I like our offense better than theirs. I also like our defense better than theirs and it's at home. All that equates to me is a beatdown. At least a 10+ point win.

AgentDib

Reaction score
One thing for you guys to consider - Pete Carroll is going to like the chances of our defense against the Jets offense at CenturyLink. His thought process is going to be about avoiding turnovers on our side and then capitalizing off Sanchez INTs, and that will lead to a very conservative offensive gameplan. Consider as well that the Jets defense is their better unit and this could very well be a lower scoring game. Vegas agrees, as the over/under is only 38 points right now.

I expect this game to be closer score-wise than it is in reality, as we win 21-16 or something but lead most of the game.

hawker84

Reaction score
here here.. it's not like the hawks arent' coming off a less the satisfactory game against the vikes defensively., i would think they got their a**es chewed pretty good, and is motivated to correct some of those mistakes and get the team back on track defensively.. i look at this as another statement game... we have some players coming back from injuries, a steadily improving offense, and a defense that will be looking to prove a point.. oh and not to mention, the game is at the CLink...

suppaball

Reaction score
We best be concerned with wait for it ... Tim Tebow! lol But for real Any given Sunday so I do hope the players are not over confident about this one.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think Pete Carroll officially ends the Mark Sanchez era in NY on Sunday.

Which I find quite ironic :)

mikeak

Reaction score
If this game is close in halftime and we are playing conservatively expect the playbook to be opened up in the 2nd half with deep bombs all over the place

djb28

Reaction score
The Jets, No matter what anyone thinks of them have rushed for 155 yard per game the past month. And we havent been able to stop the run efficiently as of late. Hope that doesnt bite us!

falcongoggles

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":vsjdig1w said:
I will be cheering hard for a Hawks win as I despise the Jets. But the Jets will be dangerous IMO as they are coming off a disappointing loss to NE and a humiliating loss to the Phins. I wouldnt be shocked see trick plays, going for it on 4th and short a lot etc... they are a DESPERATE team and a loss Sunday all but guarantees them a spot on the couch come playoff time.

So good luck!

What an awesome poster. This guy comes here on Pats weak and represents his team with respectful smack talk and thoughtful analysis. Then his team gets beat and he owns it. Finally, he comes back to the site of a team his team lost to, to wish them luck. This is a super class-act post!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2wdjo0zi said:
What an awesome poster. This guy comes here on Pats weak and represents his team with respectful smack talk and thoughtful analysis. Then his team gets beat and he owns it. Finally, he comes back to the site of a team his team lost to, to wish them luck. This is a super class-act post!

I completely agree.

PatsFanNH, you are more than welcome to stay here indefinitely. Keep posting, broseph.

gargantual

Reaction score
Another thing that just occurred to me, this is the first time Sanchez will play against a Carrol coached team. Wonder how that plays into the dynamic of the game? Maybe extra motivation for Sanchez than usual?

Should be interesting to watch.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am not worried about the Jets going for it on 4th and short. We're good against that. But anytime they go for it on 4th and long I will be worried.

drdiags

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":qlalfzmx said:
drdiags":qlalfzmx said:
Until then, it's Party like it's 1999. :stirthepot:

Is that not the year vinny beat us on that sneak as a member of the jets?

"A lot of people think the play back in '98 was responsible for bringing in instant replay," the former Jets QB told ESPNNewYork.com Tuesday night. "Well, even with instant replay, these guys got it wrong (Monday night). It's pretty bad when you can't get it right with instant replay."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/16061/testaverde-knows-about-phantom-tds

pehawk

Reaction score
Yup, 1998. It got the NFL instant replay and Seattle Holmgren. It cost the Hawks the playoffs (I know, not exactly, but it killed the momentum).

Latest posts