PFF race for rookie of the year

skater18000

Reaction score
Depends how well Russell #3 plays because luck and rg3 are a bit overrated if u ask me (compared to Russell #3).

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
I have watched Luck play, the man is going be amazing! He has all the skills and only ONE weapon right now with a terrible run game. Oh and he just smoked a pretty good Phin D for over 400 yards and a rookie record... so I think he is the real deal. RG3 I am not sold on scrambling QB's in the NFL as they seem be injury prone.

skater18000

Reaction score
Very true, but I've seen luck do the stupid things at times Russell isn't doing. So... Russell Wilson is more developed and nfl ready qb, meaning he is the quarterback with the best chance to win a superbowl.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
skater18000":15ky9jge said:
Very true, but I've seen luck do the stupid things at times Russell isn't doing. So... Russell Wilson is more developed and nfl ready qb, meaning he is the quarterback with the best chance to win a superbowl.

Hmm but Wilson asked to do a LOT less than Luck. I mean lets be subjective here:

Who has the Better D? Wilson

Who has the Better WR? Wilson

Who has the better running game? Wilson

Wilson has a more SB ready team. You put Luck on the Seahawks I say it right now you have 1 loss ONLY.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think Luck is the real deal. I like the play of all the rookie QBs, even Weeden. Given a choice I would take Luck. I think he would survive a coaching change because of his skills. Wilson is evolving in the Seahawks offense and expectations are he will only get better. The question is would a change in the coaching staff cause him not to be valued as much by the next regime? Considering the backlash from the NFL conventional thinking folks, Wilson's skillset may not be as appreciated in another system.

Pure speculation on my part, just an idea on how circumstances can make or break a player's career.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner, MLB, SEA: Didn’t distinguish himself against the Vikings.

What? So 10+ tackles and a sack "isn't distinguishing himself."

Sure he's making some mistakes, but so did Lofa.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2jx2l0fo said:
skater18000":2jx2l0fo said:

Hmm but Wilson asked to do a LOT less than Luck. I mean lets be subjective here:

Who has the Better D? Wilson

Who has the Better WR? Wilson

Who has the better running game? Wilson

Wilson has a more SB ready team. You put Luck on the Seahawks I say it right now you have 1 loss ONLY.

I don't know about better WR's. Luck is throwing to a Reggie Wayne. But I agree with your point. Luck is carrying his team more and throwing it more. What he's doing is extremely impressive.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
LOL at citing an article where Andrew Luck is EIGHTH and behind two offensive linemen.

Come on.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
jlwaters,

I meant WR's in the whole. outside of Wayne, he has no one to throw toand IMO Rice> Wayne RIGHT NOW he has youth on his side lol

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Peach,

I like Wilson, I just think its not fair to Luck et al to say since the hawks as a team won x games he must be better.. just silly IMO...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3i9r7olu said:
We get it, you don't like Russell Wilson.

:lol:

Funny.

But seriously, this is the most ridiculous article I have read in a long time. Andrew Luck won this award weeks ago. Move on.

Pstark3

Reaction score
ROY right now? Luck.

ROY by the end of the season? If he keeps getting better at the pace he has been, then it should be Wilson.

themunn

Reaction score
What is Luck doing better than Wilson exactly?
He's playing for a worse team than him, granted. I mean it's not like he's got a 3-time All-Pro to throw to like Wilson does. Wait...

Pstark3

Reaction score
themunn":3lodn3r9 said:
What is Luck doing better than Wilson exactly?
He's playing for a worse team than him, granted. I mean it's not like he's got a 3-time All-Pro to throw to like Wilson does. Wait...
he's winning games with a team that last year won 2 games

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
The luck hype machine is in overdrive right now. He is playing well, and when you factor in the feel good story of winning for Pagano, it will be irresistible to not vote for him if things stay on the present course.

A lot can happen between now and the end of the year though. As long as the Hawks can get in the playoffs, RW3 will have done his job as a rookie in my opinion.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
drdiags":3w1p4ivt said:
I think Luck is the real deal. I like the play of all the rookie QBs, even Weeden. Given a choice I would take Luck. I think he would survive a coaching change because of his skills. Wilson is evolving in the Seahawks offense and expectations are he will only get better. The question is would a change in the coaching staff cause him not to be valued as much by the next regime? Considering the backlash from the NFL conventional thinking folks, Wilson's skillset may not be as appreciated in another system.

Pure speculation on my part, just an idea on how circumstances can make or break a player's career.

Couldnt agree more. Luck can work for any coach in any system. And I do feel that there are a lot of coaches who could come in here and want a mpre prototypical qb. My hope is if Wilson really establishes himself as a legit qbotf for us, that when Pete takes off, we bring in someone who will work with Wilson. Not someone with a drastically different viewpoint.