Want a good laugh? Indy ahead of us in ESPN Power Rankings

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:
    bellingerga wrote:I stopped caring what national media thinks a long time ago, in sports and other areas. It's better that way.

    :13:

    In most cases they are less educated than fans. They are news readers...nothing more.


    It's a plain numbers and longevity issue.

    The majority of East Coast teams have significant numbers of fans that have been following their teams for longer than the Hawks have existed. Media will cater to those numbers. Throw in the overall lack of success and that is why the Hawks are covered the way they are and are an after thought to the majority of the country.

    Win for a decade (with multiple SB's), and grow the fan base that way, and eventually Hawks will be on the radar.

    The problem about that is the parity in the league won't allow a team to win for a decade.


    Ummm...Colts, Pats, Ravens, Stillers? Get good coaches, good player acquisition, and a franchise QB, and you can stay ahead of parity for a decade.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 12028
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • Power rankings are useless and just someones opinion.... Just win and that will shut them up and move your team up.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 290
    Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am


  • They mean absolutely nothing. Like I said, one more win and we're Bowl Eligible :thirishdrinkers:
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3218
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • "mainstream" sports media will always pander to the large market large fanbase teams for page hits. It's a business. Every now and then the small market teams get a little attention just for the sake of keeping up the appearance of being an impartial and realistic news source, but it's really all about the greenbacks being spent by the advertizers. It's sad that they've sold out to the business man like that, but that's reality. Cash Rules Everything Around Me, CREAM get the money, dolla dolla bills y'all...

    No, if you want the real straight goods you need to head off the radar and into the blogosphere. Yes, some of them (a lot of them) are drooling cavemen spouting Traumatic nonsense, but if you can sort through the crap you find a guy like Emory Hunt - who is legitimately very football smart and seems to be completely unbiased - and his awesome youtube videos. I wish he'd write more stuff or provide transcripts on his website though as it isn't always convenient to turn up the sound and watch youtube videos (like when I'm screwng the pooch at work).
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11667
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • Canhawk,

    His example is NOT a large market team in the Colts, IMO its more of a love fest for the next big thing at QB.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 290
    Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am


  • Hawks fans always complain when we have a better record and are placed behind teams. Dont see why it should be different here with the Colts.
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 201
    Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 pm


  • Two points..

    1.) Andrew Luck IS better than Russell Wilson.. who cares?

    2.) Again.. ESPN/NFL.com/CBS/Bleacher Report/Some hack on a message board.. etc etc .. their Power Rankings mean JACK (bleep) .. the NFL isn't the BCS. Who cares?! Rank us 32 for all I care.. at the end of the day, the Seahawks have a very real chance to make the playoffs.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 5692
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


  • kearly wrote:I'm fine with the Colts being just barely ahead of us in the power-ratings. What I am not okay with is the possibility of Luck winning ROY with a 79 QB rating when Wilson, RG3, and Martin are lighting it up.


    That award was given in April

    And...I prefer to have Wilson where he is and grounded

    The only award that matters to him is Super Bowl MVP
    zayden185
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 599
    Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:04 am


  • We have this same whiney thread every week. Let it go.
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 2929
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


  • PatsFanNH wrote:Canhawk,

    His example is NOT a large market team in the Colts, IMO its more of a love fest for the next big thing at QB.


    Yeah, but the colts picked up a BUTT LOAD of fans during the Manning era and all the winning that brought. One bad year didn't make them all jump off the ship like drowning rats so while admittedly that's not a large market in Indianapolis itself, it's still a large group of fans to pander to.

    BTW, why are you still here..?
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11667
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • CANHawk wrote:
    PatsFanNH wrote:Canhawk,

    His example is NOT a large market team in the Colts, IMO its more of a love fest for the next big thing at QB.


    Yeah, but the colts picked up a BUTT LOAD of fans during the Manning era and all the winning that brought. One bad year didn't make them all jump off the ship like drowning rats so while admittedly that's not a large market in Indianapolis itself, it's still a large group of fans to pander to.

    BTW, why are you still here..?



    I just came back to wish ya guys good luck against the HATED Jets lol.. and read a few comments while here got drawn in lol
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 290
    Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am


  • PatsFanNH wrote:
    CANHawk wrote: BTW, why are you still here..?



    I just came back to wish ya guys good luck against the HATED Jets lol.. and read a few comments while here got drawn in lol


    Ah, I see. That's cool. :th2thumbs:
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11667
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • Hasselbeck wrote:Two points..

    1.) Andrew Luck IS better than Russell Wilson.. who cares?

    2.) Again.. ESPN/NFL.com/CBS/Bleacher Report/Some hack on a message board.. etc etc .. their Power Rankings mean JACK (bleep) .. the NFL isn't the BCS. Who cares?! Rank us 32 for all I care.. at the end of the day, the Seahawks have a very real chance to make the playoffs.


    I was about to bash the bolded statement hard, but wow does Luck have an amazing QBR...

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_ ... ndrew-luck

    An average of 77.6, which is well above pro bowl level. Very impressive.

    Wilson isn't that much worse than Luck though. And we didn't need to go 2-14 to get Wilson.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5236
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


  • kearly wrote:I'm fine with the Colts being just barely ahead of us in the power-ratings. What I am not okay with is the possibility of Luck winning ROY with a 79 QB rating when Wilson, RG3, and Martin are lighting it up.


    Actually, Luck's QBR (one of the only stats that also requires film watching) is 76.7, all-pro level. That is just amazing. He should win rookie of the year based on that, I think the only one with a shot of catching him (as a QB) is Wilson with RG3 not doing so well recently.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5236
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington




It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information