Monday in Hawkville: Concussions leaving Wright and Carpente

kidhawk

Reaction score
According to Pete's presser, he said that they are going through the battery of tests required. He added we'll likely know better later in the week. He also said with concussions, the way the timeline works, it's rare to see anyone be able to make it back for a Wednesday practice, so you should expect them to be a non participant on Wednesday. The important test is going to be the injury report on friday.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Where are the concussions going? Did they leave a forwarding address?

(better headlines people please)

mistaowen

Reaction score
He got pulled immediately from the game so it was probably a pretty serious concussion. He wont be feeling normal by Wednesday so even if he is passing the tests I'm sure he wont be a full participant in practice all week. Don't mess with serious concussions.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Carp should be good to go, since his concussion was from the previous week.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2lqi0ftl said:

They aren't really sure when he got his. They are thinking it could have happened in practice. I hope he's ready, but sometimes people miss multiple games due to concussion. Hoping they are both ok

FargoHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2rn85qrs said:
Hawks46":2rn85qrs said:

They aren't really sure when he got his. They are thinking it could have happened in practice. I hope he's ready, but sometimes people miss multiple games due to concussion. Hoping they are both ok
Actually, it was in practice. Wilson was having trouble seeing over the line and zipped a pass off the back of carpenters head.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
FargoHawk":hcrvkcso said:
kidhawk":hcrvkcso said:
Hawks46":hcrvkcso said:

Actually, it was in practice. Wilson was having trouble seeing over the line and zipped a pass off the back of carpenters head.

I'm surprised Carpenter is still alive, really.

Basis4day

Reaction score
mistaowen":1iwjj223 said:
He got pulled immediately from the game so it was probably a pretty serious concussion. He wont be feeling normal by Wednesday so even if he is passing the tests I'm sure he wont be a full participant in practice all week. Don't mess with serious concussions.

All concussions are serious. All teams are supposed pull them if there is even a possibility.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Carp got a flu shot too that could be causing concussion-like symptoms.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Thanks god we have the Jets at home followed by a bye week. Let anyone sit who needs to , time to get healthy

Largent80

Reaction score
It is a brain bruise and is serious. There is no time table for anyone on their return. Only a gauge of severity. Hopefully they are not of the very bad variety. Carlson has had his share and his career may be in jeopardy.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Concussions are serious injuries. We shouldn't get our hopes up seeing Wright back this week.

In college I remember if you got a concussion you were usually out for a minimum of seven days. You had to be symptom free for one week to play again... so if this holds true, we won't see KJ back until the Dolphins game after the bye week.

irocdave

Reaction score
Wonder how many posters on the site have ever had a concussion? The last one I had was brutal, took a couple of days to shake the cobwebs. It's like being high / drunk all the while knowing your not.

Hawks should be looking to shore the line backers anyway, it's the weak link in the D.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
Back in high school I was driving home from football practice, I blacked out and would have driven right into the ditch if my dad hadn't grabbed the steering wheel (I was on a learners permit). He said my eyes were wide open and I was still looking straight ahead. I'm sure to this day I must have received a concussion in practice.