Props to Bobby Wagner

Blitzer88

Reaction score
10 tackles again yesterday, 44 in the last 4 games and now leads the team with 72 tackles. Way to go rook. My adopt-a-rookie is doing pretty well for himself so far this season.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think he's stepped back a bit the last two games, but overall i'm happy where he is. I'm guessing the learning curve for a rookie middle linebacker is pretty similar as the learning curve for a rookie QB.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I think he's too quick for his own good sometimes. Kind of like ET (see FlyingGreg!) causing him to over commit. Many a times I saw him out of position allowing a huge run. But he's only a rook and he's been playing really well otherwise.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Yea, though the stats look good, Pete singled Bobby out specifically saying he made several assignment mistakes which lead directly to several of AP's long runs. Said he really missed having KJ Wright helping set him and the others. He's doing ok, but certainly not as good as a few games ago.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
he deservers props but not from Sunday , His missed alot of his assignments which led to Adrian running wild.

re-watch the plays where the Vikings use Harvin as a decoy in motion and Adrian runs up the middle for a minimum of 10 yards ...everytime .

we were lucky they didnt give that man the ball 30 times.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Yep, I did like it when they sent him on a delayed blitz. There was no hesitation as he moved past AP who was starting to go out for a pass. Loved how he closed it down there.

I know he made some mistakes, but he's going to overcome them. I really do think he is going to be a really good piece going forward.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Overall he's been assignment correct to his gap as it moves. Our whole team has been getting cut back on for a few weeks in our own zone blocking manner. I certainly don't remember AP running anyone over though. He had a few stiff arms here and there, but he was making the right cuts N/S like his old self and staying fairly clean with the exception of a few runs like in GL. We had a lot of problems on the backside in run D. Many missed tackles on that sweep though and that wasn't backside. Regardless, Wagner again was one of the only players who played all snaps on D for a reason so If you're looking to complain as if one player is responsible for the entire run D you're watching the wrong sport.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3786gef8 said:
he deservers props but not from Sunday , His missed alot of his assignments which led to Adrian running wild.

re-watch the plays where the Vikings use Harvin as a decoy in motion and Adrian runs up the middle for a minimum of 10 yards ...everytime .

And, for the life of me, I don't understand why they did not.

suppaball

Reaction score
WmHBonney":29hmejef said:
EastCoastHawksFan":29hmejef said:

His knee is my only guess. They don't want to end his season by over playing him.

dunceface

Reaction score
Wagner even chased AP down from behind when he over committed initially
And it was about 8 yds out once AP was up to full speed!
Its a major relief seeing this kid not be a major liability

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Well, tackles are huge for fantasy football but not all tackles are the same for the team. I think the loss of Wright had more to do with our lack of run D plus we are talking about AP here. lol. Did Leroy contribute anything? I couldn't watch the game, it wasn't televised out here. I think we add another LB in the draft, we need a good one bad.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how all rookies play from here on out. At this point last year they were all preparing for the final games of the collegiate season. Now they're just past halfway of the NFL season, with every matchup being a big one. I'm excited to see how Wagner, Wilson, and Turbin handle the next two months. I hope they continue to mature and crank it up for the playoff push!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
suppaball":2nro12d9 said:
WmHBonney":2nro12d9 said:
EastCoastHawksFan":2nro12d9 said:

His knee is my only guess. They don't want to end his season by over playing him.

No I don't think that's the deal. They barely had the ball in the 2nd half. Seattle had the ball for over 9 mins in 3rd quarter and 12 minutes in 4th quarter. They just didn't have many opportunites and the pick which occured on 1st down ended the game for them. They were looking for some semblence of a passing game and it didn't work.

Hawks46

Reaction score
That and managed to stuff the run in the 2nd half.

I think AP had like one run of 22 yards. He had 3 runs of no gain or negative yards. He only carried the ball 5 times, so we stopped the run game, and they couldn't pass for a 1st down to save their lives, which is a contributing factor to why we held the ball so long.

dunceface

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2nfsvn1y said:
Well, tackles are huge for fantasy football but not all tackles are the same for the team. I think the loss of Wright had more to do with our lack of run D plus we are talking about AP here. lol. Did Leroy contribute anything? I couldn't watch the game, it wasn't televised out here. I think we add another LB in the draft, we need a good one bad.

Leroy had a good game! 7-8 tackles and a sack...

Happypuppy

Reaction score
vin.couve12":10hn4gdh said:
Overall he's been assignment correct to his gap as it moves. Our whole team

Great assessment. I went back to my DVR and looked at some of the runs and you are right. It looks like what is happening is the Nose (Mebane most of the time) is getting pushed back hard single or double chipped. The guard is leading at the second level and Wagner hits quickly. However the runner is hiding and hesitating to get Wagner to bite and taking the opposite side cut behind the pulling guard. The big run in Q1 it looks like that is what happened. Wagner is aggressive and getting fooled.

Maybe move Kam closer to the A or B gap to help out?

Wagner looks pretty good the majority of the time and is in the right position. A few growing pains I guess

Jville

Reaction score
dunceface":10d10rx9 said:
Seahwkgal":10d10rx9 said:

Leroy had a good game! 7-8 tackles and a sack...

Good to see some recognition for Leroy Hill. He was credited with 2 solo tackles, 2 assists and half a sack. It really helps to have a mature experienced veteran on such a young defense. Retaining Leroy Hill on the roster was a smart decision.

P.S. Seeing the veteran Hill, hands on hips, watching the rookie Greg Scruggs do his rediculous celebration dance was priceless. :lol:

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Hill had a sack and pressures in the last couple games. Excerpt rusher

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
When will people realize that tackles do not tell the story of how good a defensive player plays? Especially a MLB who has very important duties outside of tackling. Dont get me wrong. Wagner is playing nice for a rookie and shows a ton of promise. But saying he has a lot of tackles means he played a good game (when Carroll singled him out specifically as someone who did not), is as smart as saying Red Bryant has a bad game when he gets no sacks and few tackles.

Wagner really suffered from KJ Wright not being on the field. He helps him a lot with making calls. I have always been a bit worried about our depth a LB. I sure hope Wright gets well soon.