Playoff picture

seahawks-in-qc

Reaction score
Hey

I just take a quick look at the playoff picture on NFL.com. We all know that probably 5 of the 6 spots are talen (49ers, Packers, Bears, Giants and Falcons).

We are in a group of 5 for the last spots with: Vikes, Lions, Bucs and Cards.
Out of all the teams, I believe that we have the easiest schedule compare to the talent that we have on our team.
Here are the schedules for each of the team.

Seahawks: vs. Jets (3-5), at Dolphins (4-4), at Bears (7-1), vs. Cardinals (4-5), at Bills (3-5), vs. 49ers (6-2), vs. Rams (3-5)

Vikes: vs. Lions (4-4), at Bears (7-1), at Packers (6-3), vs. Bears (7-1), at Rams (3-5), at Texans (7-1), vs. Packers (6-3)

Lions: at Vikings (5-4), vs. Packers (6-3), vs. Texans (7-1), vs. Colts (5-3), at Packers (6-3), at Cardinals (4-5), vs. Falcons (8-0), vs. Bears (7-1)

Bucs: vs. Chargers (4-4), at Panthers (1-6), vs. Falcons (8-0), at Broncos (5-3), vs. Eagles (3-4), at Saints (2-5), vs. Rams (3-5), at Falcons (8-0)

Cards: at Falcons (8-0), vs. Rams (3-5), at Jets (3-5), at Seahawks (5-4), vs. Lions (4-4), vs. Bears (7-1), at 49ers (6-2)

With the schedule of the Vikes and Lions I count them out. For the Cards it will surprised me a lot if they can pull it back together. And for the Bucs facing twice the Falcons and once the Broncos could hurt them.

I believe that we are a good contender for the last spot if we finish with a record of 9-7.
What do you guys think?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
seahawks-in-qc":35hn0n4r said:
Hey

I just take a quick look at the playoff picture on NFL.com. We all know that probably 5 of the 6 spots are talen (49ers, Packers, Bears, Giants and Falcons).

We are in a group of 5 for the last spots with: Vikes, Lions, Bucs and Cards.
Out of all the teams, I believe that we have the easiest schedule compare to the talent that we have on our team.
Here are the schedules for each of the team.

Seahawks: vs. Jets (3-5), at Dolphins (4-4), at Bears (7-1), vs. Cardinals (4-5), at Bills (3-5), vs. 49ers (6-2), vs. Rams (3-5)

Vikes: vs. Lions (4-4), at Bears (7-1), at Packers (6-3), vs. Bears (7-1), at Rams (3-5), at Texans (7-1), vs. Packers (6-3)

Lions: at Vikings (5-4), vs. Packers (6-3), vs. Texans (7-1), vs. Colts (5-3), at Packers (6-3), at Cardinals (4-5), vs. Falcons (8-0), vs. Bears (7-1)

Bucs: vs. Chargers (4-4), at Panthers (1-6), vs. Falcons (8-0), at Broncos (5-3), vs. Eagles (3-4), at Saints (2-5), vs. Rams (3-5), at Falcons (8-0)

Cards: at Falcons (8-0), vs. Rams (3-5), at Jets (3-5), at Seahawks (5-4), vs. Lions (4-4), vs. Bears (7-1), at 49ers (6-2)

With the schedule of the Vikes and Lions I count them out. For the Cards it will surprised me a lot if they can pull it back together. And for the Bucs facing twice the Falcons and once the Broncos could hurt them.

I believe that we are a good contender for the last spot if we finish with a record of 9-7
What do you guys think?

You can count the Cardinals out. They will lose in Atlanta to drop their 6th straight and fall to 4-6, and I don't like their chances in New York or vs Detroit and Chicago. Of course I really don't like their chances in Seattle either...

I doubt they win more than 2 more games this season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We're in the driver's seat as we hold the #6 spot if the season ended today.

Just gotta keep winning and we're in.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I was looking at the Vikings and Packers schedules before our game this week, because we own the tie breakers, I wanted to see what they had coming up. Seriously that Vikings schedule is just brutal in the second half. From what I saw yesterday, I think that I feel safe in saying the Vikings are out

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Pete said today at his press conference that we need to "finish strong". We need to win five out of our last seven games....and we must win our last four games. IMHO....if we want a Playoff spot without "backing into one", ie. needing another team to lose, then we need to finish 10-6. We must win one of the Miami/ Chicago games.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Yup, but you have to put the Packers on that list.
We're a game back of them with a (lol) tie breaker.

any team that passes us from here on out will deserve it.
Vikings and Detroit have tougher schedules. I give them a disadvantage.
Seattle, Green Bay, Tampa. 3 teams fighting for 2 spots.

***HOWEVER*****
Chicago holds the key to the playoffs.
They, at 7-1, have played absolutely nobody. And they still have to play everyone in the playoff hunt.

vs Houston, @ San Fran, vs Minnesota, vs Seattle, @ Minnesota, vs Green Bay, @ Arizona, @ Detroit.

sturg78

Reaction score
I know the cowboys have looked bad, but their remaining schedule is pathetic, they can make a run.

Bipolar

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ugx4b3a said:
I was looking at the Vikings and Packers schedules before our game this week, because we own the tie breakers, I wanted to see what they had coming up. Seriously that Vikings schedule is just brutal in the second half. From what I saw yesterday, I think that I feel safe in saying the Vikings are out

no kidding. the Viqueens are playing the Packers twice, and as a matter of fact I got the tickets to the game at Lambeau Field ;).
their wheels are falling off as we speak, they are not a serious contender.

Packers, on the other hand, are still very much controlling their destiny.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Dont buy the hype this year.

10 - 6 will be the final wildcard spot in the NFC.
NFC has way too many wins vs the AFC.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
TheHawkster":2rd51nxg said:
Yup, but you have to put the Packers on that list.
We're a game back of them with a (lol) tie breaker.

any team that passes us from here on out will deserve it.
Vikings and Detroit have tougher schedules. I give them a disadvantage.
Seattle, Green Bay, Tampa. 3 teams fighting for 2 spots.

***HOWEVER*****
Chicago holds the key to the playoffs.
They, at 7-1, have played absolutely nobody. And they still have to play everyone in the playoff hunt.

vs Houston, @ San Fran, vs Minnesota, vs Seattle, @ Minnesota, vs Green Bay, @ Arizona, @ Detroit.

Packers have a pretty healthy schedule as well: @NY Giants, Minnesota, Detroit, @ Chicago, Tennessee, @ Minnesota. They will probably win all but a few of those, however...

hawksmode

Reaction score
At Falcons for the Bucs may not matter for them if Falcons have it locked ( if they lose one so they do not go for that record ).....as the Falcons will probaly play scrubs...so it could be bad for us.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
sturg78":3ljqjd5x said:
I know the cowboys have looked bad, but their remaining schedule is pathetic, they can make a run.

They will have to play perfect football from here on out.
...and they haven't hit their usual December destruction yet.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
We just need to win the games we are expected to win. Jets, Cardinals and Rams at home. That's eight wins there. Of the remaining games - Dolphins, Bears, Bills and Niners, it's not unfair to expect to split those to get to ten. Even if you win one of those four - nine wins might get you in.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Lions hold the tiebreaker over us so we don't control our own destiny yet.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2v940q76 said:
SalishHawkFan":2v940q76 said:
Lions hold the tiebreaker over us so we don't control our own destiny yet.

Badda Bing! However, if you look at the Lions schedule, it is "bad ass"!
I've smelled bad ass before and it absolutely stinks.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Bucs have a terrible defense, but they are the only one of those teams that could go through the rest of the season with just two losses. Everyone else can call the travel agents right now. If Vick gets his stuff together, the Eagles could make noise too.

It's funny, but of the 5 teams we think will make it, I do not fear playing the Falcons even at their place. Or the Giants. But I would hate to go on the road at Candlestick, Green Bay, or Bears.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Niner probably will be coming into the Clink playing for seeding position and the Seahawks will be too, or possible playoff elimination. That niners game could be monumental. It's possible it could even be for the division. Could you imagine that RW tearing it up to set up that game?

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
theres no such thing as an easy remaining schedule as this is the NFL. just rewind to the preseason when we thought games at Arizona and St loius were locks lol

we should make the playoffs but if we lose against the jets i dont like our chances.

The Radish

Reaction score
As I just told Stan I think youse guys are getting way ahead of yourselves.

Get back to me after the Phins game.

At that point we either will be completely out of it, or REALLY in the middle of it.

:les: