Playoff picture

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:27 pm
  • Hey

    I just take a quick look at the playoff picture on NFL.com. We all know that probably 5 of the 6 spots are talen (49ers, Packers, Bears, Giants and Falcons).

    We are in a group of 5 for the last spots with: Vikes, Lions, Bucs and Cards.
    Out of all the teams, I believe that we have the easiest schedule compare to the talent that we have on our team.
    Here are the schedules for each of the team.

    Seahawks: vs. Jets (3-5), at Dolphins (4-4), at Bears (7-1), vs. Cardinals (4-5), at Bills (3-5), vs. 49ers (6-2), vs. Rams (3-5)

    Vikes: vs. Lions (4-4), at Bears (7-1), at Packers (6-3), vs. Bears (7-1), at Rams (3-5), at Texans (7-1), vs. Packers (6-3)

    Lions: at Vikings (5-4), vs. Packers (6-3), vs. Texans (7-1), vs. Colts (5-3), at Packers (6-3), at Cardinals (4-5), vs. Falcons (8-0), vs. Bears (7-1)

    Bucs: vs. Chargers (4-4), at Panthers (1-6), vs. Falcons (8-0), at Broncos (5-3), vs. Eagles (3-4), at Saints (2-5), vs. Rams (3-5), at Falcons (8-0)

    Cards: at Falcons (8-0), vs. Rams (3-5), at Jets (3-5), at Seahawks (5-4), vs. Lions (4-4), vs. Bears (7-1), at 49ers (6-2)

    With the schedule of the Vikes and Lions I count them out. For the Cards it will surprised me a lot if they can pull it back together. And for the Bucs facing twice the Falcons and once the Broncos could hurt them.

    I believe that we are a good contender for the last spot if we finish with a record of 9-7.
    What do you guys think?
    seahawks-in-qc
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:23 am


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:31 pm
  • seahawks-in-qc wrote:Hey

    I just take a quick look at the playoff picture on NFL.com. We all know that probably 5 of the 6 spots are talen (49ers, Packers, Bears, Giants and Falcons).

    We are in a group of 5 for the last spots with: Vikes, Lions, Bucs and Cards.
    Out of all the teams, I believe that we have the easiest schedule compare to the talent that we have on our team.
    Here are the schedules for each of the team.

    Seahawks: vs. Jets (3-5), at Dolphins (4-4), at Bears (7-1), vs. Cardinals (4-5), at Bills (3-5), vs. 49ers (6-2), vs. Rams (3-5)

    Vikes: vs. Lions (4-4), at Bears (7-1), at Packers (6-3), vs. Bears (7-1), at Rams (3-5), at Texans (7-1), vs. Packers (6-3)

    Lions: at Vikings (5-4), vs. Packers (6-3), vs. Texans (7-1), vs. Colts (5-3), at Packers (6-3), at Cardinals (4-5), vs. Falcons (8-0), vs. Bears (7-1)

    Bucs: vs. Chargers (4-4), at Panthers (1-6), vs. Falcons (8-0), at Broncos (5-3), vs. Eagles (3-4), at Saints (2-5), vs. Rams (3-5), at Falcons (8-0)

    Cards: at Falcons (8-0), vs. Rams (3-5), at Jets (3-5), at Seahawks (5-4), vs. Lions (4-4), vs. Bears (7-1), at 49ers (6-2)

    With the schedule of the Vikes and Lions I count them out. For the Cards it will surprised me a lot if they can pull it back together. And for the Bucs facing twice the Falcons and once the Broncos could hurt them.

    I believe that we are a good contender for the last spot if we finish with a record of 9-7
    What do you guys think?


    You can count the Cardinals out. They will lose in Atlanta to drop their 6th straight and fall to 4-6, and I don't like their chances in New York or vs Detroit and Chicago. Of course I really don't like their chances in Seattle either...

    I doubt they win more than 2 more games this season.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7538
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:34 pm
  • We're in the driver's seat as we hold the #6 spot if the season ended today.

    Just gotta keep winning and we're in.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11892
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:35 pm
  • I was looking at the Vikings and Packers schedules before our game this week, because we own the tie breakers, I wanted to see what they had coming up. Seriously that Vikings schedule is just brutal in the second half. From what I saw yesterday, I think that I feel safe in saying the Vikings are out
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14575
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:38 pm
  • Pete said today at his press conference that we need to "finish strong". We need to win five out of our last seven games....and we must win our last four games. IMHO....if we want a Playoff spot without "backing into one", ie. needing another team to lose, then we need to finish 10-6. We must win one of the Miami/ Chicago games.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4867
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:49 pm
  • Yup, but you have to put the Packers on that list.
    We're a game back of them with a (lol) tie breaker.

    any team that passes us from here on out will deserve it.
    Vikings and Detroit have tougher schedules. I give them a disadvantage.
    Seattle, Green Bay, Tampa. 3 teams fighting for 2 spots.

    ***HOWEVER*****
    Chicago holds the key to the playoffs.
    They, at 7-1, have played absolutely nobody. And they still have to play everyone in the playoff hunt.

    vs Houston, @ San Fran, vs Minnesota, vs Seattle, @ Minnesota, vs Green Bay, @ Arizona, @ Detroit.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    User avatar
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 1996
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:00 am
    Location: Puyallup


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:53 pm
  • I know the cowboys have looked bad, but their remaining schedule is pathetic, they can make a run.
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1323
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:53 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:I was looking at the Vikings and Packers schedules before our game this week, because we own the tie breakers, I wanted to see what they had coming up. Seriously that Vikings schedule is just brutal in the second half. From what I saw yesterday, I think that I feel safe in saying the Vikings are out


    no kidding. the Viqueens are playing the Packers twice, and as a matter of fact I got the tickets to the game at Lambeau Field ;).
    their wheels are falling off as we speak, they are not a serious contender.

    Packers, on the other hand, are still very much controlling their destiny.
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    User avatar
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 749
    Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:55 pm
  • Dont buy the hype this year.

    10 - 6 will be the final wildcard spot in the NFC.
    NFC has way too many wins vs the AFC.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    User avatar
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 1996
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:00 am
    Location: Puyallup


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:56 pm
  • TheHawkster wrote:Yup, but you have to put the Packers on that list.
    We're a game back of them with a (lol) tie breaker.

    any team that passes us from here on out will deserve it.
    Vikings and Detroit have tougher schedules. I give them a disadvantage.
    Seattle, Green Bay, Tampa. 3 teams fighting for 2 spots.

    ***HOWEVER*****
    Chicago holds the key to the playoffs.
    They, at 7-1, have played absolutely nobody. And they still have to play everyone in the playoff hunt.

    vs Houston, @ San Fran, vs Minnesota, vs Seattle, @ Minnesota, vs Green Bay, @ Arizona, @ Detroit.


    Packers have a pretty healthy schedule as well: @NY Giants, Minnesota, Detroit, @ Chicago, Tennessee, @ Minnesota. They will probably win all but a few of those, however...
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7538
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 pm
  • At Falcons for the Bucs may not matter for them if Falcons have it locked ( if they lose one so they do not go for that record ).....as the Falcons will probaly play scrubs...so it could be bad for us.
    User avatar
    hawksmode
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1140
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:31 am
    Location: Washington


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:10 pm
  • sturg78 wrote:I know the cowboys have looked bad, but their remaining schedule is pathetic, they can make a run.


    They will have to play perfect football from here on out.
    ...and they haven't hit their usual December destruction yet.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    User avatar
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 1996
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:00 am
    Location: Puyallup


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:18 pm
  • We just need to win the games we are expected to win. Jets, Cardinals and Rams at home. That's eight wins there. Of the remaining games - Dolphins, Bears, Bills and Niners, it's not unfair to expect to split those to get to ten. Even if you win one of those four - nine wins might get you in.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8152
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:20 pm
  • Lions hold the tiebreaker over us so we don't control our own destiny yet.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4863
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:28 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:Lions hold the tiebreaker over us so we don't control our own destiny yet.


    Badda Bing! However, if you look at the Lions schedule, it is "bad ass"!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4867
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:59 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:Lions hold the tiebreaker over us so we don't control our own destiny yet.


    Badda Bing! However, if you look at the Lions schedule, it is "bad ass"!

    I've smelled bad ass before and it absolutely stinks.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3120
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:33 pm
  • The Bucs have a terrible defense, but they are the only one of those teams that could go through the rest of the season with just two losses. Everyone else can call the travel agents right now. If Vick gets his stuff together, the Eagles could make noise too.

    It's funny, but of the 5 teams we think will make it, I do not fear playing the Falcons even at their place. Or the Giants. But I would hate to go on the road at Candlestick, Green Bay, or Bears.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11559
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:34 pm
  • Niner probably will be coming into the Clink playing for seeding position and the Seahawks will be too, or possible playoff elimination. That niners game could be monumental. It's possible it could even be for the division. Could you imagine that RW tearing it up to set up that game?
    SEAHAWKS HEADED FOR BLOODBATH
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/11/19/ ... bloodbath/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1409
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:46 pm
  • theres no such thing as an easy remaining schedule as this is the NFL. just rewind to the preseason when we thought games at Arizona and St loius were locks lol

    we should make the playoffs but if we lose against the jets i dont like our chances.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 893
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:17 pm
  • As I just told Stan I think youse guys are getting way ahead of yourselves.

    Get back to me after the Phins game.

    At that point we either will be completely out of it, or REALLY in the middle of it.

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:01 pm
  • I suspect we'll need 10 wins. I doubt 9 wins will make it in.
    User avatar
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 897
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:19 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:We just need to win the games we are expected to win. Jets, Cardinals and Rams at home. That's eight wins there. Of the remaining games - Dolphins, Bears, Bills and Niners, it's not unfair to expect to split those to get to ten. Even if you win one of those four - nine wins might get you in.


    The only games I'm worried about are Chicago and the Niners. The Bills are bad, the Dolphins haven't played anybody (neither have the Bears for that matter) the Jets are medicore and the Cards and Rams are fading. 10-6 is realistic with 11-5 a real possibility.
    User avatar
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 am


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:29 pm
  • I would hate to be a Cards fan or a Vikes fan right now. Those schedules are BRUTAL.
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2233
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


Re: Playoff picture
Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:39 pm
  • ONE GAME AT A TIME! The rest will work itself out.
    SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 197
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


Re: Playoff picture
Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:02 am
  • WmHBonney wrote:ONE GAME AT A TIME! The rest will work itself out.


    Very interesting!
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9779
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA




It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information