Carroll's Monday Presser w/synopsis

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Said after looking at film, it comes down to what they preach and that's finishing....said they didn't get off to a good start, but came out after the half and corrected the issues. Said we had a very strong 4th quarter

(Stupid work interruption)

Seems to still be talking about finishing so maybe I didn't miss much. Think he was asked about going for it late in the game instead of kicking it and he said we wanted to finish the game with the ball in our hands.

KJ Wright...had a concussion. He's under the process of testing and they'll know more Wednesday

Carpenter, seems his "illness" was a concussion and they won't have more information until wednesday (he doesn't expect either of them to practice)

Kam got kicked (or something) and had a thigh bruise, he should be fine

Thinks Edwards will be back this week

Said Moffit did alright, held his own. They didn't have to change things, although a few plays got away from him.

Same with Lem...he did well when he came into the game.

Said they have until next Monday to decide on Thurmond.

Spoke on the positives of Wilson both passing and running, and the way Rice was able to adjust to the throw on the TD pass.

Asked about LB depth...said he's calling on some guys to step up and thought Morgan played adequately in the game, but was caught out of position a few times.

said that other teams like Minnesota and Washington use the read option a lot more to give the qb shorter and easier passes to make, and that we don't use it nearly as much, but that putting the ball in Golden's hands, he can get things done.

still speaking on the read option and how the Redskins are using that college style more than anyone else.

said it was a solid game by Wilson and the offensive line

Said Lynch played really tough and hard. He's been consistent and up to the task with his carry numbers. Great attitude. Doesn't care if Lynch was 'overshadowed' by AP, but is very excited about the way Lynch has been playing

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Good news on Edwards. We need the WR depth and he will probably be motivated to get back on the field against his old team.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2hlb4gtb said:
Good news on Edwards. We need the WR depth and he will probably be motivated to get back on the field against his old team.

I thought that when we played the Niners....hope if he plays next week we get a better result out of him

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Don't know if there's much difference between Edwards dropping the ball or Kearse dropping the ball.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Nice transcript, Kid. I was listening and that all sounds like what I heard.

Are the read-option plays the ones he was talking about where they call a run, but the QB can throw the quick slot instead of handing off, based on what the D is doing? If I understood it right, that was cool. Showed that Wilson is getting into the playbook and reading defenses and our offense as a whole is getting multi-dimensional.

suppaball

Reaction score
I like our line it is starting to gel and it is looking good. When Carp gets back it will be that much better, reminds me of last year. In how the line play improved around the mid-point of the year. Only this years line is considerably better than last years.