Brandon Browner on Sirius NFL Radio just now

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Schein asked if his impression that the Hawks just want to kick the ass of every team they play. Answer was short, YES.

Asked him if he was concerned about Tim Tebow. His answer may have been the best I have ever heard. "We do what we do because that is what we do."
No, not worried about Tim.

great interview.

themunn

Reaction score
VHawk":3p6uf3jl said:
We got to change his name to Big Play Browner!

that's a name you give to someone who doesn't do much but is often there for a big play
Browner is just "every play browner" because he makes play after play after play after play

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Browner has been great this season. A lot of people were expecting him to "come back to earth" but he has just taken it even further.

He and Sherman just seriously harass the crap out of WRs - it's a joy to watch after years of suffering through our midget CBs getting worked.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2ktthu81 said:
Browner has been great this season. A lot of people were expecting him to "come back to earth" but he has just taken it even further.

He and Sherman just seriously harass the crap out of WRs - it's a joy to watch after years of suffering through our midget CBs getting worked.

Amen to that.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The entire secondary.... Geez. The entire defense. Yeah, they gave up some ground to a stud RB, but that is the exception not the norm. Browner makes trouble on every single play. Catching AD, always looking for the strip. Nasty hitter. The pro-bowl secondary is going to be loaded with Seahawk helmets.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Well, we've got ET - who plays out of this world. Yeah, he used to be the Deuce, but everyone calls him ET.
Ultimus Prime - yeah, I think he's always going to be Ulitmus Prime from now on.
Bam Bam - Chancellor was the first to establish the hard hitting nature of this secondary. Others call him The Punisher, I like that one too.
And Browner - who really needs a good nickname. All I've heard so far is Bruising Browner. That sounds like some 30's football players name.

For Browner, I like The Hurt. He put The Hurt on Wes "one of the toughest hits I ever took" Welker and he puts The Hurt on lots of WR's.

Happy

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3b1i71el said:

Tru that. Every time those two lay the wood on a reciever or jam them at the line and hose up the timing of the play it erases one memory of jennings or wilson helplessly watching their assignment catch the effin' ball.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for reporting in Scotte. Much appreciated. I love the quote. It reminds me of something Big Country Reeves said prior to the NBA draft something about whatever happens is supposed to happen and will happen and we'll see what happens when it does happen. I can't remember the exact quote, but it was pretty funny. He was a funny dude. I wish he'd had a better NBA career.

Brandon Browner is an interesting guy to say the least. Every time I've seen an interview with him I've been impressed, because he is a "knock your head off" type of guy, but doesn't fit the "jock" mold at all. He's thoughtful and too the point. To me he is totally like John Stockton. A very cerebral player that did whatever it took to win and you could tell that for every one thing he said, there were 100 secrets he was keeping. But man, could Stock back it up on the court. I saw him and Gary Payton talk smack for 60 minutes from the second row one game. It was just absolutely relentless. I thought Stock played quiet, but really he was just silent to the media. He and Payton were just jawing from opening tip until the final horn. Then they gave each other five and a bro hug and left the court. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen live in all of my years. The guys just shredded each other both verbally, but physically as well. I can't even remember who won the game. It was riveting.

Something tells me Browner is that type of player. Just goes out there and will crush the other guy's spirit and then give him five and say, "nice game" and dish out some specific compliments and then start getting ready for next week. We're real lucky to have him.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
dude how the hell did he catch adrian peterson? that was a great play. it ended up not being meaningful but wow he should great speed and dedication on that play.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Oh how I long for the days of Kelly Jennings.
:sarcasm_on:

Shane Falco

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2au73l8y said:
Thanks for reporting in Scotte. Much appreciated. I love the quote. It reminds me of something Big Country Reeves said prior to the NBA draft something about whatever happens is supposed to happen and will happen and we'll see what happens when it does happen. I can't remember the exact quote, but it was pretty funny. He was a funny dude. I wish he'd had a better NBA career.

Brandon Browner is an interesting guy to say the least. Every time I've seen an interview with him I've been impressed, because he is a "knock your head off" type of guy, but doesn't fit the "jock" mold at all. He's thoughtful and too the point. To me he is totally like John Stockton. A very cerebral player that did whatever it took to win and you could tell that for every one thing he said, there were 100 secrets he was keeping. But man, could Stock back it up on the court. I saw him and Gary Payton talk smack for 60 minutes from the second row one game. It was just absolutely relentless. I thought Stock played quiet, but really he was just silent to the media. He and Payton were just jawing from opening tip until the final horn. Then they gave each other five and a bro hug and left the court. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen live in all of my years. The guys just shredded each other both verbally, but physically as well. I can't even remember who won the game. It was riveting.

Something tells me Browner is that type of player. Just goes out there and will crush the other guy's spirit and then give him five and say, "nice game" and dish out some specific compliments and then start getting ready for next week. We're real lucky to have him.

don't mean to derail the thread topic, but that GP story was really cool. He is one of my all-time favorite sports stars and for the reasons you listed but I didn't know that about Stockton.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3g72rwt7 said:
dude how the hell did he catch adrian peterson? that was a great play. it ended up not being meaningful but wow he should great speed and dedication on that play.

He took a great angle - instead of the tail chase and straight line pursuit, he just picked an intercept point and trucked for that.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Shane Falco":1wwd0y9y said:
SharkHawk":1wwd0y9y said:

don't mean to derail the thread topic, but that GP story was really cool. He is one of my all-time favorite sports stars and for the reasons you listed but I didn't know that about Stockton.

Always loved Gary Payton and the Sonicas. About #39, I like to call him Brandon Browner. It has a nice ring to it. Browner being on a team with many players I like a lot. He is my favorite.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
In reading your responses to my story... it struck me as kind of funny that I just realized after re-reading that Stockton was totally like Browner and Gary Payton was totally like Richard Sherman. They both go about their business in very different ways at times, but both come up with great results. Each guy has to play his own way. Brandon is not a big talker on the field that I can see. He will dish it out and put the dagger in with an INT and seems to be quiet on the sidelines, but always patting teammates and focusing on the coach and what is going on out on the field. He's like locked in and mentally preparing. Very Stockton-esque. Sherman is so much The Glove. Loud and funny and doesn't give a rip what anybody thinks, but also extremely intelligent and able to get in everybody's head. I would have loved to see Stock and Glove play together for at least one year. At least I get to see the two mindsets together with Browner and Sherm.

I could tell you a story about Stockton and how he'd monitor his heart rate during games to make sure he was staying "flat" (not too amped or not too low), but I'll save it for a rainy day.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
We have the greatest Defensive Backfield in the history of the game.

Mark my words.