1. They need to keep running that shotgun/zone read option. I sat right behind the goal post in the north end zone yesterday (right in front of the Nest) and I had a great view of the offensive line play. Those dudes were bringing it yesterday... we had some huge holes in the A and B gaps, and I was actually surprised we didn't run for even more yards but the Vikings defense did a good job of containment at the second level.
Kudos to Bevell for setting up Wilson's designed run off of it as well. They ran it with Marshawn in the first half, then Wilson faked it to Marshawn and moved counter to the flow of the play for a first down run - not much in yardage but it was a chain mover.
** I am very impressed with our line's ability to take top-flight pass rushers out of the game. Demarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, Chris Long, Charles Johnson, The Smith Brothers (SF), Jared Allen.... pretty impressive group, but they haven't really impacted the outcome. Some plays here and there, but on the whole we really do well marginalizing the studs. I didn't even notice Allen until the second half yesterday.
Also, props to Jeanpierre from stepping in at center without an issue for a few plays.
2. Everyone's favorite - the bubble screen. Maybe it was just me, but it seemed like they adjusted it to a very short throw to the slot instead of throwing all the way out to the wide side. That may not seem like much, but the quick throw allows the WR to move in space and find a seam and run. When you throw wide, unless the blocking is pristine by the time the receiver catches it the defender is right up on him. I still hate that we use it EVERY week, but at least they tactically adjusted and it worked.
Also, Tate several times faked like it was going to be another bubble screen and it got the defense to react, at least once. They used that to throw to the other side or run the ball and it seemed to be effective.
3. Penalties. Again, huge improvement overall the last 3-4 games. I don't know what Pete did to finally get the message across, but its working. We still have some bonehead moments, but the egregious personal fouls (yes that means you, Breno) are not happening. The call on Browner yesterday was silly.
4. Was that a well executed screen pass to Lynch that I saw? Did I see a nice option route to Turbin for a good gain? Did I see them utilizing Robinson more in the passing game (even after he dropped one)? Keep it up. We need to take advantage of our backs more in the receiving game because there are usually yards to be had there.
5. Baldwin was obviously not 100%. We need to get him healthy.
6. Sidney Rice .... love him. Dude gets open. Everyone ragged on him about his health and being fragile (deservedly so), but he's strong and looking like his 2009 self. I love that he can throw a pass too - gives coordinators something extra to worry about. I still wish he would get at least 10-12 targets a game.
Last edited by FlyingGreg
on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
@SeahawkGregGIVE US YOUR PINK SLIP, SANTA CLARA WHINERS. WE OWN YOU