Did Yesterday's Game Move Your Meter?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Yes, this game did make me feel better about the 2012 season for a few reasons.

#1) This was a must win game and Seattle won it. There was a similar cross-roads game earlier this year (Dallas) and Seattle crushed it in that game too. Seattle has to double down and get the win against the Jets too, but I would have said with great confidence that Seattle is out of the playoffs most likely with a loss last weekend. They won however, and now only need to go 5-2 with 4 home games remaining to reach 10-6. It will be tough, but it can be done.

#2) Russell Wilson took his biggest step forward yet based on the eyeball test. He did not pass for a ton of yards, but he was money in the red zone and he guided the offense to nearly 400 yards without a ton of drives to do it. Wilson looked like a championship caliber QB, and it's possible that he may continue to improve further. His ability to feel pressure, navigate the pocket, buy time and find open receivers is miles ahead of where it was in week 1.

#3) The pass rush continues to look great at home. It's not as good on the road, but that suggest to me that our defense is getting close. If we added a Julian Peterson type to our LB corps this offseason, that could be the catalyst for our defense to become truly special. Our defense isn't a finished product yet, but it's very close.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Meter gets a slight positive bounce. Continued improvement of the passing game cancels the drop in defensive production IMHO.

Actually, they are right on track vis-a-vis my pre-season prediction. I didn't predict which games we would win/lose correctly, but I figured to be 5-4 right here.

:)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• kearly wrote:Yes, this game did make me feel better about the 2012 season for a few reasons.

#1) This was a must win game and Seattle won it. There was a similar cross-roads game earlier this year (Dallas) and Seattle crushed it in that game too. Seattle has to double down and get the win against the Jets too, but I would have said with great confidence that Seattle is out of the playoffs most likely with a loss last weekend. They won however, and now only need to go 5-2 with 4 home games remaining to reach 10-6. It will be tough, but it can be done.

#2) Russell Wilson took his biggest step forward yet based on the eyeball test. He did not pass for a ton of yards, but he was money in the red zone and he guided the offense to nearly 400 yards without a ton of drives to do it. Wilson looked like a championship caliber QB, and it's possible that he may continue to improve further. His ability to feel pressure, navigate the pocket, buy time and find open receivers is miles ahead of where it was in week 1.

#3) The pass rush continues to look great at home. It's not as good on the road, but that suggest to me that our defense is getting close. If we added a Julian Peterson type to our LB corps this offseason, that could be the catalyst for our defense to become truly special. Our defense isn't a finished product yet, but it's very close.

Point number 2, that was the equivilent of a 40 minute football game. So many run plays that the clock just ran and ran.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Previous

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information