I have no problem...

SeaChase

Reaction score
...Eating Crow. I wanted to wait a few games before doing so to see how well and fast he's progressed. Im impressed with his poise and decision making. He's hanging in the pocket more, and even when he scrambles he's doing a better job of looking down field. He's getting better with getting the ball out quicker, with more accuracy. My one complaint is that he needs to work on the timing of he's deep ball. He's got an arm on him, but I dont like how the ball is thrown up for grabs on the deep ones.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
I too like how he has progressed each game, how he seems more comfortable and confident as the season goes on. The only concern I have now is the proverbial rookie wall.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Interesting that your one criticism of Wilson is his deep ball, which is widely considered the best part of his throwing game.

IMO along with Wilson and Lynch, yesterday's MVP is Bevell.............he called a GREAT game.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent and Seachase loving Wilson now? :lol: I was figuring you guys would wait for the offseason ...... either way :2:

Late is better than never I guess. Russell deserves the full support of the 12th man.

Ray 74

Reaction score
I never liked the pick and am eating crow as well.... Don't mind it neither since the kid is doing good .... only concern is the ball thrown to high on short passes..... There i can see where height is a problem.... not to mention that he might get someone killed one of this days..
That said he still a rookie and will get a pass from me on many issues

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":o51rdjhh said:
Sgt. Largent and Seachase loving Wilson now? :lol: I was figuring you guys would wait for the offseason ...... either way :2:

My criticism of starting the season with Wilson over Flynn was never based on the fact that I thought Wilson was not the right long term answer. My criticism was and still is valid..........did we drop games early "developing" Wilson, and possibly costing us a shot at making the playoffs, or going deeper in the playoffs?

We won't know the answer to this question til the end of the season..........but it's still a valid concern.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
SeaChase":pz25yfsp said:
...Eating Crow. I wanted to wait a few games before doing so to see how well and fast he's progressed. Im impressed with his poise and decision making. He's hanging in the pocket more, and even when he scrambles he's doing a better job of looking down field. He's getting better with getting the ball out quicker, with more accuracy. My one complaint is that he needs to work on the timing of he's deep ball. He's got an arm on him, but I dont like how the ball is thrown up for grabs on the deep ones.

But you could not bring yourself to type his name just one time.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
SeaChase":ez1xnfok said:

If you're talking about the Packers hail mary pass then your spot on. Otherwise R-U-S-S-E-L-L W-I-L-S-O-N throws a nice deep ball. Moreso than our backup.

OP
OP
SeaChase

SeaChase

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":nah6q3wp said:
SeaChase":nah6q3wp said:

If you're talking about the Packers hail mary pass then your spot on. Otherwise R-U-S-S-E-L-L W-I-L-S-O-N throws a nice deep ball. Moreso than our backup.

Have to disagree on that, theres been many many times where the ball was thrown late and the reciever had to go up and fight for the ball. His deep pass to Rice was a great pass and probably his best deep ball all year. Like I said, he has a good deep ball his timing just isnt quite there yet.

OP
OP
SeaChase

SeaChase

Reaction score
v1rotv2":2awf7sqx said:
SeaChase":2awf7sqx said:

But you could not bring yourself to type his name just one time.

Thats because this is actually a Flynn thread :sarcasm_on:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I don't think anyone has a problem with you changing your mind about Wilson. But you were kinda douchy in the way you handled your different opinion. I hope that changes too.

hawker84

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hj7l2tb said:
T-Sizzle":3hj7l2tb said:

My criticism of starting the season with Wilson over Flynn was never based on the fact that I thought Wilson was not the right long term answer. My criticism was and still is valid..........did we drop games early "developing" Wilson, and possibly costing us a shot at making the playoffs, or going deeper in the playoffs?

We won't know the answer to this question til the end of the season..........but it's still a valid concern.

eh.... not necessarily true and purely speculation... 1. you don't know flynn would have done better in those games, and 2. a lot of losing those games can be directily attributed to the tons of miscues, drops, penalties that absolutely killed drive after drive after drive... even in eating crow you still can't admit wilson was the better choice from day one....