We're gonna crush that Jets team

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: We're gonna crush that Jets team
Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:03 am
  • SirTed wrote:Radish,

We both know that fans attitude really have no effect on the outcome of the game.

Many seem to not know this.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:03 am
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    The Radish wrote:Geez we're 4-5, pissed away a couple of games we should have won, but won a couple we probably could have pissed away. We're just a bit below average so far.
    SirTed wrote:We win and suddenly we're not going to just beat our next opponent but CRUSH them (something, at least IMO, that we've failed to do once this year).

Um... WHAT?!?

Exactly, man. We're actually 5-4, and we for sure crushed the hapless cowboys at home. Jets are even more hapless and the Cowboys. We'll win and win big. AMARITE?????
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:07 am
  • Mark Sanchez will be 8-21 with 3 ints and 3 sacks. We will hear the chants for Tebow all the way from New York before the first quarter is done when we are up 14-0 after Earl Thomas finally gets a pick six. Sidney Rice will get 125 yards against Cromartie who will be busy giving money to his 35 children. Shonn Green will get literally buried in the field on his first run for negative yards when Big Red lands ontop of him.

Tebow will kick a 75 yard field goal for their only points. Then wings will burst out of his shoulder pads and he flies up into the heavens never to be seen again.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:11 am
  • mistaowen wrote:Mark Sanchez will be 8-21 with 3 ints and 3 sacks. We will hear the chants for Tebow all the way from New York before the first quarter is done when we are up 14-0 after Earl Thomas finally gets a pick six. Sidney Rice will get 125 yards against Cromartie who will be busy giving money to his 35 children. Shonn Green will get literally buried in the field on his first run for negative yards when Big Red lands ontop of him.

Tebow will kick a 75 yard field goal for their only points. Then wings will burst out of his shoulder pads and he flies up into the heavens never to be seen again.

Freaky....this is almost EXACTLY how I see it going down.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 am
  • Bunch of debbie downers in this thread, geesh. The Jets suck, Rex Ryan is not currently some defensive genius (15th in yards/game, 24th in scoring/game), Sanchez sucks, and Shonn Greene is the definition of mediocre.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:16 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:Bunch of debbie downers in this thread, geesh. The Jets suck, Rex Ryan is not currently some defensive genius (15th in yards/game, 24th in scoring/game), Sanchez sucks, and Shonn Greene is the definition of mediocre.

BOOM! Sarlacc sums it all up with a bullet! We'll mop the park with their collective asses, then whoop them for not getting up in the corners. 42-6. Five TDs for the offense and another for the D. Lock it up. CHAMPIONSHIP!
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:17 am
  • All night bender is my thinking.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am
  • We should start Portis just to make the QB battle even.

And yea, i agree that we destroy the Jets this weekend. Also, reading some of their forums it seems that they have a history of playing pretty poorly coming off their bye week.

To those trying to dampen enthusiasm, what is the point of being a fan if you cant be arrogant about your team? Half the fun is always thinking that youre going to destroy your next opponent, especially when like in this case, you are right.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am
  • I'm just chillin'
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 am
  • Throwdown wrote:I'm just chillin'

Well....STOP chillin and get on this "We're going to obliterate the dopey Jets and cause Rex Ryan to have a heart attack and his wife's feet to explode" bandwagon.

Jseahawks is right (for once). This is part of what being a fan is about. It's part of our god-given American freedom to believe that we're going to annihilate every team we face. Just makes it that much sweeter when, as in the case of our next opponent, we're 100% dead-on balls accurate.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:33 am
  • Its my new superstition, if I'm as confident as you are, we're gonna lose.

You don't want me confident.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:33 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:I'm just chillin'

Well....STOP chillin and get on this "We're going to obliterate the dopey Jets and cause Rex Ryan to have a heart attack and his wife's feet to explode" bandwagon.

Jseahawks is right (for once). This is part of what being a fan is about. It's part of our god-given American freedom to believe that we're going to annihilate every team we face. Just makes it that much sweeter when, as in the case of our next opponent, we're 100% dead-on balls accurate.

Thank you sir, you flatter me.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:38 am
  • I'm In!

But on a side note, how much of this is inspired by the recent Thunder defeats? Just kidding you big lug.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:46 am
  • drdiags wrote:I'm In!

But on a side note, how much of this is inspired by the recent Thunder defeats? Just kidding you big lug.

To quote Golden Tate:

I don't know what you're talking about.

:P
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:47 am
  • Jeff Teague dunked on Durant, lolz
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:49 am
  • The irony of this board:

We play a bad team and there are a bunch of posts that the Jets can steal a game and are pretty good.

We play a good team (the Lions) and there are a bunch of posts that we can lose to bad teams.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Its my new superstition, if I'm as confident as you are, we're gonna lose.

In the words of the great Sherm:

My brother have CONFIDENCE my brother.
    My brother you might be a furry pink rat my brother
    but we'll be soaring high like hawks and shitting on jets! My brrrrothhha!
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:01 pm
  • I see going 6-4 after this one. Then coming out of the bye refreshed and taking at least 5 of the remaining 6.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:We should start Portis just to make the QB battle even.

And yea, i agree that we destroy the Jets this weekend. Also, reading some of their forums it seems that they have a history of playing pretty poorly coming off their bye week.

To those trying to dampen enthusiasm, what is the point of being a fan if you cant be arrogant about your team? Half the fun is always thinking that youre going to destroy your next opponent, especially when like in this case, you are right.

It might be good to remember that the Seahawks aren't exactly Tinker Bell after the bye weeks either.

:roll:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:13 pm
  • The Radish wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:We should start Portis just to make the QB battle even.

It might be good to remember that the Seahawks aren't exactly Tinker Bell after the bye weeks either.

:roll:

Under Carroll, they're 1-1, with the loss being the Charlie Whitehurst game against the Browns. And luckily, we play the Jets BEFORE our bye. So, yay.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 pm
  • We be acrushinem.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm
  • I am more confident is the Jets getting an ass kicking in this game than any other game to date. Sanchez is almost as limited as Ponder right now, and Tebow does not bother me at all. Shonne Greene is average at best. And the Jets D is not even close to what it was a couple of years ago.

Irvin is going to go off, he will be looking across the field at the guy the pundits say the Hawks should have taken.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:I am more confident is the Jets getting an ass kicking in this game than any other game to date. Sanchez is almost as limited as Ponder right now, and Tebow does not bother me at all. Shonne Greene is average at best. And the Jets D is not even close to what it was a couple of years ago.

Irvin is going to go off, he will be looking across the field at the guy the pundits say the Hawks should have taken.

Agreed, This will be the least dynamic teams we've faced for most of the year.

The Jet's are just as limited passing wise with Sanchez as was Ponder, the only difference is they don't have AP carrying the rock. I could see a shutout occuring in this game. Assuming the 3rd down issues don't rear it's ugly head.

I fully expect a 6-4 record going into the bye. Which makes the Mia road game exceedingly important.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:36 pm
  • Remember people going off about drafting Sanchez.... :lol:

Glad we didn't do that.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:40 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Remember people going off about drafting Sanchez.... :lol:

Glad we didn't do that.

Yeah, so glad we drafted Curry instead.

Wait...
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 pm
  • We should beat 'em up pretty good. The scariest thought is their run game against our reeling run defense and they are only middle of the pac at running the ball anyway. Their already weak pass game is in for a shock against our cornerbacks. I would put a lot of money on the Hawks this week to win big.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:18 pm
  • Every time someone gets on the board and predicts we're going to crush someone, their QB goes out and rings us up for 360 yards passing, or their RB gashes us for 183 yards.

We won't be crushing anyone until our offense and defense play good in the same game.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:53 pm
  • There are good reasons to be a realist as a fan.

Much of the angst this year has come from fans that let their hearts overrule their common sense. There are always going to be ups and downs but blowing either one out of proportion seems to cause unhappiness later on. Many of the people freaking out about the Cardinals loss the most were the ones who called their defense garbage and thought we were going to blow them out in their house.

I also think that (over)enthusiasm for a certain player or part of the team creates biases in how you view events. Every new piece of information gets twisted in order to support your favorites at the expense of the rest. If you wear a Turbin jersey to the games you might be marginally more critical of our run blocking.

Lastly, a lot of the rah-rah optimism stuff involves trash talking our opponents. Sometimes our opponents do things well, and if you ignore the things that opponents can do well then it becomes impossible to fairly judge our team. Calling Detroit a one trick pony on offense was not only inaccurate, but if you bought that hype for fan reasons then you had to be pretty upset giving up catches to Pettigrew, Young and Broles. On the other hand, if you realize that Detroit has a top 3 receiving corps with a great QB throwing to them then it should change your evaluation of our players accordingly.
    "Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades. I just gave the worst grade ever to Seattle." - WalterFootball.com
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:51 pm
  • I don't its easy to crush anyone. Jets are coming off a bye week, they are rethinking their whole strategy, their game plan and scheme will be different then what is already on tape, there may be surprises, Tim Tebow may become a factor, we never know what can happen on any given Sunday. I felt the same way on beating Detroit that it should be an easy win, but suddenly Detroit came alive. So the Jets may come alive too, when the whole country has written them off. I am not sure what to expect, I really hope we keep the winning at home.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:53 pm
  • seahawks08 wrote:I don't its easy to crush anyone. Jets are coming off a bye week, they are rethinking their whole strategy, their game plan and scheme will be different then what is already on tape, there may be surprises, Tim Tebow may become a factor, we never know what can happen on any given Sunday. I felt the same way on beating Detroit that it should be an easy win, but suddenly Detroit came alive. So the Jets may come alive too, when the whole country has written them off. I am not sure what to expect, I really hope we keep the winning at home.

You are right, we will see some new stuff from them. But look at all 22 matchups. That team is really shy of talent. forget schemes, that is the real story.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:11 pm
  • I think peachesenregalia is right. Seahawks are a young talented team coming into their own. Expect them to be better in the second half of the season than the first.

Jets were contenders for awhile but now can only dream about that kind of positive outlook.

Seahawks win by more than 7.
    makkapakka
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:50 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Its my new superstition, if I'm as confident as you are, we're gonna lose.

lol i feel the exact same way. the fact that this thread was made I feel is setting us up for disaster.

my best friend is a Jets fan , I told him to expect to change the channel come the 3rd quarter , but still I dont wana set myself up for a big let down
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:35 am
  • makkapakka wrote:I think peachesenregalia is right. Seahawks are a young talented team coming into their own. Expect them to be better in the second half of the season than the first.

Jets were contenders for awhile but now can only dream about that kind of positive outlook.

Seahawks win by more than 7.

You, my friend, are going to go very far on these boards with that attitude.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:36 am
  • I watched the Jets @ New England and this will not be an easy game if they play anything like they did that day.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:38 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I watched the Jets @ New England and this will not be an easy game if they play anything like they did that day.

Against teams with actual defenses, though, they've struggled.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:39 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I watched the Jets @ New England and this will not be an easy game if they play anything like they did that day.

Oh, I don't think it will be an easy game. I just see that Seattle's D has a huge matchup advantage.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:25 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I watched the Jets @ New England and this will not be an easy game if they play anything like they did that day.

Against teams with actual defenses, though, they've struggled.

Not to mention the seething hatred of the Jets-Patriots right now probably added something to the final score.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:23 am
  • Probably the only thing going for the Jets is that everyone and their mother thinks we are going to crush them. History says to watch out when everybody thinks the game is going to be a blowout. What could possibly go wrong for the Seahawks? It doesn't seem like there could be all that much, but you just never know on any given Sunday.

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic but have the thought in the back of my mind that this could be a trap game for the Hawks.
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 am
  • kmedic wrote:Probably the only thing going for the Jets is that everyone and their mother thinks we are going to crush them. History says to watch out when everybody thinks the game is going to be a blowout. What could possibly go wrong for the Seahawks? It doesn't seem like there could be all that much, but you just never know on any given Sunday.

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic but have the thought in the back of my mind that this could be a trap game for the Hawks.

I don't think the coaching staff is going to let the players get complacent, and since a bye follows the Jets game, it's not like the team will have another opponent to whom they can look past the Jets.

The players on this team can see the standings. They know that the chances of them making the postseason are significantly better at 6-4 than at 5-5. I don't worry one bit about them being caught in a trap game. Not this team.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:42 am
  • The apathy amongst Jets fans is at an all-time high right now. You'd be tough pressed to find 10 Jets fans in this entire country who think the Jets stand any sort of shot, against ANY team in the NFL right now.

I have a bunch of friends who are Jets fans and they all talk about how void of talent they are. Even when they were winning early on their fans knew it was just smoke and mirrors and a bunch of missed field goals from Dan Carpenter.

However, don't let the apathy of their fanbase fool you too hard. The Seahawks are capable of laying an egg and the Jets are capable of pulling an amazing performance out of their you know what's. As English points out, the Patriots game was a great performance from them. If not for a few drops we could be talking about that game as the upset of the season right now.

The Hawks need to bring their A game for sure! This one won't be as easy as you might think.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:59 am
  • Whatever, I refuse to see anything but a sweeping Seahawks victory here. The Jets suck. If we can't beat them convincingly, then we suck, too.
    I don't think we suck. therefore, we win convincingly. See? Applying troll logic makes you a better fan, and consequently a better American.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:15 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Whatever, I refuse to see anything but a sweeping Seahawks victory here. The Jets suck. If we can't beat them convincingly, then we suck, too.
    I don't think we suck. therefore, we win convincingly. See? Applying troll logic makes you a better fan, and consequently a better American.

Oh, I totally agree with you regalia, this is just a coping mechanism for me just in case things go all FUBAR and I trek out to Seattle to watch a loss. It's part of being a Seahawks fan. Plus, after the Rams loss I've vowed to never take another team lightly again. We used to be that team! haha
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:23 am
  • I'm with ya peaches. I didn't read any of this thread but I have zero doubt that we're going to absolutely destroy on Sunday. Mike Tyson's Punch Out destroy. Belittle. They're done. Dunzo.
    Attachments
    Jets Punch.jpg
    Jets Punch.jpg (7.55 KiB) Viewed 815 times
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:31 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I'm with ya peaches. I didn't read any of this thread but I have zero doubt that we're going to absolutely destroy on Sunday. Mike Tyson's Punch Out destroy. Belittle. They're done. Dunzo.

YES! You're doing the LORD's work with those weekly opposing team avatars.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:22 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I'm with ya peaches. I didn't read any of this thread but I have zero doubt that we're going to absolutely destroy on Sunday. Mike Tyson's Punch Out destroy. Belittle. They're done. Dunzo.

I don't know how to be any other way.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:25 pm
  • I'm not a player, I can overlook teams whenever I want.

We should and will crush the Jets.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:33 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I'm with ya peaches. I didn't read any of this thread but I have zero doubt that we're going to absolutely destroy on Sunday. Mike Tyson's Punch Out destroy. Belittle. They're done. Dunzo.

I don't know how to be any other way.

Don't ever change. Not for nothin or nobody. You just stay the same damn way, you hear?
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:36 pm
  • J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETSUCK!!!
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:17 pm
  • Rex usually makes rookie QB's look pretty awful. I think we'll win but it'll be a close game.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:38 pm
  • The reason why Hawks will win is because we have a better QB!
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information