Earl Thomas

NYCoug

Reaction score
Was lights out yesterday!

He played with a fire that I haven't seen him play with, possibly ever, as a Seahawk. There were a few times where he came flying in hard on a run blitz and took down AP before he could get going. He also NEARLY had an amazing interception that would've thrown us into a frenzy. All in all he played a very impressive game.

It seemed like he definitely stepped up to help lead this football team on defense. Browner and Sherman were there to answer the call as well.

Here's to Earl Thomas showin em how it's done! :thirishdrinkers:

pehawk

Reaction score
I noticed that as well. He was willing that team. My guess is the team needs a lil boost because of fatigue. They need their bye.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
He was so geeked after that AP hit, it was like:
Killer baby groan face1

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
pehawk":1z4e7t1f said:
I noticed that as well. He was willing that team. My guess is the team needs a lil boost because of fatigue. They need their bye.

Funny i got ridiculed when i said they deserve and need their bye for the final stretch of games to get get their legs under them.

hawker84

Reaction score
i love ET, probably my favorite player on the team because of his intensity, and just raw talent.. but he is missing a lot of sure picks that are hitting him right in the hands, if i'm not mistaken that was the 4th he's dropped.. not sure what's going on with this dudes hands, none of these would have been tough catches.. don't ever remember him having this bad of a season dropping anything... very strange to me, maybe just chalk it up to , just not having a good seaon, (catching the ball wise) , i don't know????????? but at leat he's in position to break up the play..

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawker84":1wz0lupw said:
i love ET, probably my favorite player on the team because of his intensity, and just raw talent.. but he is missing a lot of sure picks that are hitting him right in the hands, if i'm not mistaken that was the 4th he's dropped.. not sure what's going on with this dudes hands, none of these would have been tough catches.. don't ever remember him having this bad of a season dropping anything... very strange to me, maybe just chalk it up to , just not having a good seaon, (catching the ball wise) , i don't know????????? but at leat he's in position to break up the play..
That was not a sure pick yesterday. He went up all the way to try to snag it. Very difficult for any player to make that play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not just Thomas, the entire defensive backfield was lights out.

I don't get on Thomas for dropping picks...........he gets his hands on balls no other safety even comes close to.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":8up7qmhy said:
Not just Thomas, the entire defensive backfield was lights out.

I don't get on Thomas for dropping picks...........he gets his hands on balls no other safety even comes close to.

Kind of like an excellent shortstop in baseball. Sure, they'll make more errors (in this case drop more picks) but that's due to the fact that they get to balls that most others wouldn't, giving them more opportunity for error.

Regardless I don't think I'd qualify the one yesterday as a dropped pick. That would've been sick had he landed it. Not many guys in this league make that interception that he had at Detroit. He came out of nowhere and just flew!

Schadie001

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":rk6vnf0g said:
...and he missed another pick.

:stirthepot:

But yes - he was very active.

Funny you mention this, cuz I always joke with my son aobut him having stone hands. But that's why he's a DB, if he had magnet hands he'd be a WR.

12thMan1

Reaction score
NYCoug":y13rknu6 said:
Was lights out yesterday!

He played with a fire that I haven't seen him play with, possibly ever, as a Seahawk. There were a few times where he came flying in hard on a run blitz and took down AP before he could get going. He also NEARLY had an amazing interception that would've thrown us into a frenzy. All in all he played a very impressive game.

It seemed like he definitely stepped up to help lead this football team on defense. Browner and Sherman were there to answer the call as well.

Here's to Earl Thomas showin em how it's done! :thirishdrinkers:

He played well but certainly not lights out. He missed a key tackle on AP and dropped a potential pick.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Love ET, but this was his worst game of the season. He missed 4 tackles and 1 INT. Chancellor was invisible too.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
His ankle tackle of Peterson in the 2nd half was huge. Otherwise that was a TD for sure. But he needs to start catching these potential interceptions. He has Ed Reed like abilities, but the difference is that Reed makes those catches.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
lukerguy":l436x644 said:
Love ET, but this was his worst game of the season. He missed 4 tackles and 1 INT. Chancellor was invisible too.
He also made some huge tackles. And like I said before, that INT was not a sure pick. He went as high as he could to try and get that.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3qsicro6 said:
lukerguy":3qsicro6 said:

He also made some huge tackles. And like I said before, that INT was not a sure pick. He went as high as he could to try and get that.

Yes, but his Tweet with Doc quoted above tells me he knows he felt he should have snagged that.

He's dropped a lot of potential picks this season, there's no question. Some of them would have been towards the "great catch" side of things (I agree with you - the one yesterday was not an easy pick).

I sense that he will start coming up with some more.

hawker84

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3hbin6q1 said:
hawker84":3hbin6q1 said:
That was not a sure pick yesterday. He went up all the way to try to snag it. Very difficult for any player to make that play.

disagree, perfectly timed jump, ball hit him square in the hands, routine? no. tough catch? no. look, all these guys are pro's!!!! they are playing skilled positions for a reason... they made it to the NFL because they were stars at every level leading up to the NFL... they are getting paid big dollars to make those plays.. sick of these excuses, ah the pass was wobbly, he's a rookie, F that they're pro's and skill players, catch the F'n ball.... but like i stated, he's just having an off year ( catching the ball wise ) stop making excuses for these guys...

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
guys , earl thomas is only 23 years old !!!!!! his future is bright.

he will start catching all of these balls .

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1i4skvod said:
lukerguy":1i4skvod said:

I was thinking both of these. Still one of the top safties in the league, but there was room fo improvement yesterday. He knows it. He's a competitor. He'll keep getting it done.

Latest posts