My Game Ball goes to...Brandon Browner!

ivotuk

Reaction score
The effort that he put in to catch Adrian Peterson on the long run was phenomenal! Everyone else had given up and started slowing down, but not Brandon! Holy cow was that some speed and stamina! Play of the game as far as I'm concerned because of what it demonstrated to his team mates, never give up! No matter what!

Then there was the shut down, along with the INT and no penalties. I know the referees called one on him while he was going up against a tackle, but that was complete BS. It's like the referee was looking for a reason to throw a flag on Browner.

I know there are plenty of candidates for the game ball but chasing Adrian Peterson down from behind is what sealed it for me.

suppaball

Reaction score
Browner has some wheels on him man, to catch AP just wow. He is faster than he plays?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I agree that he should at least be in the running for the game ball. You can bet that the Jets will see that play in their game film and it will "take their heart away"! Not only does he hit like a rock, but he can catch you anywhere on the field!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Browner has won me over this season, I can't believe I used to almost hate him.

dunceface

Reaction score
Throwdown":2pwsa9h7 said:
Browner has won me over this season, I can't believe I used to almost hate him.
yeah the "weak spot in the defense" thread comes to mind...

Honorable mention to Bobby Wagner for also chasing AP down from behind after over-pursuing not to mention the plays he was making in the backfield

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Browner had a bunch of really good plays. He would get my defensive game ball too.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
yeah, that the Vikes still scored a TD is a bummer, because it would have only cemented what a great play that was had we held them to a FG.

hawker84

Reaction score
great play, i never knew he had those kinda wheels, the announcers said AD tired towards the end and slowed a bit, i don't care that was awsome to see browner screaming into the picture and walked his A## down... good stuff.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Re-watched the first half last night, Brandon made 3 tackles on Adrian Petersen after he had blown through the line and made good yardage. One was right after AD juked ET out of his shoes :D If it hadn't been for Browner, Adrian would have had a lot more yardage.

BB is a tackling machine!

mikeak

Reaction score
ivotuk":fwgxtjfr said:
The effort that he put in to catch Adrian Peterson on the long run was phenomenal! Everyone else had given up and started slowing down, but not Brandon! Holy cow was that some speed and stamina! Play of the game as far as I'm concerned because of what it demonstrated to his team mates, never give up! No matter what!

Then there was the shut down, along with the INT and no penalties. I know the referees called one on him while he was going up against a tackle, but that was complete BS. It's like the referee was looking for a reason to throw a flag on Browner.

I know there are plenty of candidates for the game ball but chasing Adrian Peterson down from behind is what sealed it for me.

The 15 yard penalty was not complete BS. He retaliated on a player and it always draws a flag. Sometimes they see what started it and throw a double - either way instead of a 2nd and 13 they get a first down 15 yards down the field - it was stupid. Still a great game by Browner but I disagree on not counting the penalty

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Just a couple tweets about our CB play from the weekend. #shutdown

Chad Davis ‏@chad_davis45
Brandon Browner was targeted 4 times (1 catch for 14 yards, 1 interception) in 52 snaps against the Vikings. #Seahawks
Expand

8m Chad Davis ‏@chad_davis45
Richard Sherman was targeted once (no catch) in 52 defensive snaps against the Vikings. #Seahawks
Expand

:thirishdrinkers:

sturg78

Reaction score
The flag looked like complete bs because all though he retaliated, he didn't swing or anything like that. It looked like he just titty bumbed him. Also, how was that guy not involved in the play, as the referre said?

Hawks46

Reaction score
That flag was totally bs. The guy smacked Browner in the face. Of course the ref missed that, but they went face to face and the Viking kinda leaned in and bumped face masks with him.

Not saying the Viking should've been flagged either, unless they see him hitting BB in the face mask. There should've been no flag there, I've seen TONS of stuff way worse than this get looked over, but this very umpire's crew.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Browner has some wheels. My jaw dropped when I saw him chase down Peterson on that run. That kind of effort is why I love this team.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Browner caught Adrian Peterson from behind. From a long ways behind. End of story, nobody can dispute that Browner has ridiculous speed. Hell of a play.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":rfrlfugs said:
Just a couple tweets about our CB play from the weekend. #shutdown

Chad Davis ‏@chad_davis45
Brandon Browner was targeted 4 times (1 catch for 14 yards, 1 interception) in 52 snaps against the Vikings. #Seahawks
Expand

8m Chad Davis ‏@chad_davis45
Richard Sherman was targeted once (no catch) in 52 defensive snaps against the Vikings. #Seahawks
Expand

:thirishdrinkers:
They should stop tweeting and focus on the games more.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Certainly faster than the 4.7 he ran. Winston Guy also ran a 4.7 40 at the combine and later I learned it was due to a hammy and then ran a low 4.5 at a pro day when healthy. Could have been one of those kind of things. Sometimes guys just don't time fast too, but fly on the field.

Latest posts