My Dad's last game

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
**From November 2012**

Hey all,

Some of you have met my dad ... and many of you have heard me talk about the times we spent going to the games.

2 years ago, while many of you were talking about losing games for the sake of draft position, I gave an impassioned plea that resonated with many of you. I pointed out that there isn't always a next year. We must always treasure the moment we are in.

There is no 'next year' for my dad.

He fell gravely ill this weekend, and passed away sometime during the 4th quarter of todays' game.

I am, as you probably know, a person of faith, yet I'm not really sure God specifically chose that time to call in his spirit .. but I also can't dismiss the profound coincidence. My dad enjoyed going to 'hawk games with his 4 sons, and we were by his side watching the game when he drew his final breath. Draw you own conclusions.

Despite the fact that I can be an ornary SOB many of you have been my dear friends over the years and have supported my family. I want to especially thank Les and Darlene, Mark and Alicia, Todd and Cindy, Dom and Jen, Ryan, Doug, Garth and many others for being part of my extended Seahawk family. You guys mean as much to me as anyone.

And as always.... GO HAWKS!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
My condolences, John. I pray you'll find peace during this time.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Here's to your dad sir. He's got the best seats in the house now.

My condolences on your loss.

VHawk

Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family my friend.

Rainger

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":xpgla38y said:
Hey all,

Some of you have met my dad ... and many of you have heard me talk about the times we spent going to the games.

2 years ago, while many of you were talking about losing games for the sake of draft position, I gave an impassioned plea that resonated with many of you. I pointed out that there isn't always a next year. We must always treasure the moment we are in.

There is no 'next year' for my dad.

He fell gravely ill this weekend, and passed away sometime during the 4th quarter of todays' game.

I am, as you probably know, a person of faith, yet I'm not really sure God specifically chose that time to call in his spirit .. but I also can't dismiss the profound coincidence. My dad enjoyed going to 'hawk games with his 4 sons, and we were by his side watching the game when he drew his final breath. Draw you own conclusions.

Despite the fact that I can be an ornary SOB many of you have been my dear friends over the years and have supported my family. I want to especially thank Les and Darlene, Mark and Alicia, Todd and Cindy, Dom and Jen, Ryan, Doug, Garth and many others for being part of my extended Seahawk family. You guys mean as much to me as anyone.

And as always.... GO HAWKS!
Oh man I am sooo sorry for you. I dont know you but my heart is soooo out for you. I have enough hurt in my life right now but I am crying for you as I write this. I am sure he loved you and that is something to hang on to forever.

Largent80

Reaction score
John, I shared beers with you and your dad, and all I can say is I am happy to have met him, talked with him and can say I am proud to have known such a fine man.

He will be missed. But he has one fine set of sons.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I as well am a person of faith and he's in a better place now, cheers from a fellow Seahawks fan mate, his last one was a good one.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Oh my. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss, and glad for you that at least you were there when it mattered most. Godspeed to your father.

skater18000

Reaction score
Keep a pic ture of the hawks logo next to him framed because we seahwks fans will always have ur back bro go hawks

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
So sorry to hear that, John. He, no doubt, lived a full, happy life because of the family he has.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
My condolences. Prayers go out to you and your family.

My dad passed last saturday and my family is going through the same struggles.
Stay strong and remember all the good times!

Greenhell

Reaction score
From one Hawk brotha to anotha, my sincere condolences to you and your family. Prayers for strength and peace be with you and yours. :(