whats flynns eventual value?

skater18000

Reaction score
I'm think a 2nd and a 5th

To a team like the jets cheifs cowboys eagles jags chargers browns

What's everybody think

Donk70

Reaction score
I think a 2nd and a 5th is a bit of a reach. Remember, he didn't have too many suitors in FA this past offseason. I'd say he's worth about a 4th.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm not sure. He didn't garner much attention in FA when we got him, and then he got supplanted by a rookie. People will keep bringing up the fact that his old OC in Miami didn't want him.

We might get a 2nd for him if we keep him next year and:

1. he tears it up in the preseason
2. Wilson gets hurt during the reg season this year and he comes in and lights it up.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
There wasnt much of a market for him to begin wtih and then he got beaten out by a 3rd round rookie (albeit a very good 3rd round rookie). I think his trade value is very minimal... like a 5th or something.

If he gets a chance to get into a game and flashes a little bit then that coudl go up obviously.

Edit... basically what hawks46 said.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1f2xo6kg said:
There wasnt much of a market for him to begin wtih and then he got beaten out by a 3rd round rookie (albeit a very good 3rd round rookie). I think his trade value is very minimal... like a 5th or something.

If he gets a chance to get into a game and flashes a little bit then that coudl go up obviously.

Edit... basically what hawks46 said.

No chance he gets on the field with how close our games have been. His arm and ego should have recovered by now.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
Damn harsh on him some teams will need him to play quarterback for them

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Honestly after the season I wouldnt be surprised if they restructured and released him . Giving him the oppurtunity to play elsewhere while getting some of that bonus money back.

Trade Value ? would get no more then a 5th.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I think the whole Kevin Kolb ordeal being still fresh in the minds would play a big part in keeping teams, even the desperate teams, in check for the time being anyway.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Depends on who you ask. Someone who's only looking for a more capable backup, maybe a 6th or 7th. Someone who's desperate for a starter, has good pass protection and timing receivers, and a talented offensive coordinator, might pay a 4th or even a 3rd.

MrCarey

Reaction score
There wasn't a market for him. After this year? There is a market for him...

Sac

Reaction score
I love me some RW and am VERY happy with him as our QB. But Matt Flynn is a starting caliber QB too, and he could be very good for somebody. I think there were two things that hurt Kolbs value.

1) Peyton Manning taking too damn long to make a decision about who he was going to play for.

2) Kevin Kolb.

But, I do think that since Flynn is under a very reasonable contract he could fetch a 2nd round pick, maybe even a first if a team is desperate enough. It's not like they'd be paying a 2nd, a starting CB and paying 60 million dollars.

HawkHack

Reaction score
I don't there's a chance in :twisted: that we trade him.

1. We don't know if RW can last the full season. He seems to avoid contact, but we just don't know at this point.
2. We're already on the hook for Flynn's guaranteed $.
3. We don't have another backup.* Are we going to draft one? Perhaps. As good as Flynn? Doubtful.

Look at it this way: for a bit more than the cost of an average QB (most of which is going to Flynn currently), we have a rising star and an above-average backup. What's not to like?

* Is Portis on the PS?

lukerguy

Reaction score
Even though they are only somewhat related. Russell Wilson's success is linked to Flynn's value.

Once the world sees that Wilson won the job, and that Flynn didn't lose it, we'll be okay for a 2nd - 4th. Let me ask you a question. If we still had Tavaris, how much would you pay for him?

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
Tell me getting a 2nd wouldn't be a huge bonus for next year

Latest posts