THANKS EVERYONE! Walter Jones - Turkey Bowl for charity!

RockHawk

Reaction score
*Update - Several hundred raised by the 12thman! Thanks everyone, Big Walt and I really appreciate the support. .NET rocks!*

Hey everyone,
I'm very excited to announce I'll once again be going to Huntsville, Alabama to take part in the Walter Jones Turkey Bowl flag football tournament. Like last year, I'll do my best to represent the 12th man and .NET'ers.
http://walterjonesturkeybowl.com/

The tournament is for an excellent local resource for people that may not have enough to support their family. It provides everything from medical care to clothes & dental care for families that are struggling.

Help send the message to Big Walt that the 12th man will always support him, and show him some love by donating anything you can. Make sure you note either Seahawks.Net or the 12th man in your donation so they know where it's coming from. Here's the link to donations:
http://walterjonesturkeybowl.com/make-a-donation/

I'll provide plenty of pictures and reports on that weekend (Nov 17th & 18th) so look forward to a LOT of bragging!

Thanks all,
Mark

Attachments

• Walter Jones' Turkey Bowl 2011 011.jpg
    Walter Jones' Turkey Bowl 2011 011.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 10,746

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Just to be clear, Mark is the itty bitty one on the right. I know many of you might have thought he was the turkey.

I'm jealous though, sounds like an amazing experience.

taz291819

Reaction score
I live in Huntsville, but once again this year, it falls on a bad day. This year, it falls on my father's birthday, whom lives more than a hour away. Damn, wish I could go. Maybe next year.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
taz291819":2adtq96b said:
I live in Huntsville, but once again this year, it falls on a bad day. This year, it falls on my father's birthday, whom lives more than a hour away. Damn, wish I could go. Maybe next year.

Sounds like a fun thing to take your dad to on his b-day... Just sayin' :D

And also, it is a 2-day event.

Twisted

Reaction score
goodness, Walters achievements are baffling, these are from wiki so please don't quote me, they have it as;

180 games played
5,500 pass attempts with him on the field
a measly 23 sacks given up
with a minuscule (this is the most amazing stat of all) 9 holds! crazy stat WOW

man some teams get close to that in a few games and many players in a single season..

like to see his false starts stat, cant find it, couldn't find total snaps as well

have fun guys

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
taz291819":21qrs0xl said:
Hey RockHawk, I'll be there on Sunday.
Awesome! Can't wait to meet you! I'll be somewhere wandering around both days, and I should be pretty easy to spot (I'm the short white guy next to Walt :) )

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
Beautiful day so far, looking forward to playing some football with Walt at 1:45!

Attachments

• markwalt2012.jpg
    markwalt2012.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 10,079
OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
After a great weekend at the Turkey Bowl, the .NET nation stepped up and donated several hundred to Walt and his "Heals" children charity. Thanks everyone, Walt & I really appreciate the great support from .NET. You guys rock!