Random Thoughts™ on the Vikings game

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • browner catching peterson was pretty impressive to me
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 495
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 am


  • Seattle looked good at home. Let's see it on the road.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4564
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


  • "Sydney Rice has a better QB rating in this game than ponder"

    Just saw this post on vikingsmessageboard.com. Had a good laugh.
    User avatar
    Dreadbelch
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 224
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:31 pm


  • My initial thought after the game that I posted on the .net chat was that the defence looked ok, but not great.

    After further review, I thought the second half adjustments were fantastic. Many times this year other teams have made some pretty good adjustments against us. This time, I think our guys really stepped up. The D line started hitting gaps that had been left open, shedding blocks that they had been stuck on in the first half. The corners especially played well all game. The second half was a great effort by the defence. It was a great game and hopefully leads to some better things.

    I'm heading to the Jets game this week with my brother and I'm looking forward to watching the Seahawks send them back to New York unhappy.
    BullHawk33
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 137
    Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:47 pm
    Location: Puyallup


  • Nice write up, kip. Have to hand it to AP. Our linebackers lost containment, and he made them pay every time. The man is special, even a year after ACL surgery.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 14740
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Random Thoughts™ on the Vikings game
Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:45 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:RW is better right now than I ever thought he'd be this season. Whether or not Flynn could do better has been rendered irrelevant, as at least a couple times a game I find myself genuinely impressed by what the kid does.


    Anyone really not think he would get this good? I have been on the wagon since training camp. He just works to damn hard and wants it to damn much to not be successful. On the teams' day off on tuesday's he is always at the facility watching film and trying to get better. He is always the first one there and last one to leave. Is a natural leader and winner. It is what he wants and he will do anything to get it. Love the kid that is why i already have 6 jerseys of his.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 324
    Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:37 pm


Re: Random Thoughts™ on the Vikings game
Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:08 pm
  • Nice write-up again Kearly.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10939
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


  • Sarlacc83 wrote:Nice write up, kip. Have to hand it to AP. Our linebackers lost containment, and he made them pay every time. The man is special, even a year after ACL surgery.


    I agree Kip -- nice write-up.

    Regarding Peterson, I believe that I mentioned in my preview that it appeared that he had lost a step going laterally. Ummmm -- not exactly. He had Barry Sanders-like explosion in and out of cuts and reminded me some of Gayle Sayers out there. Absolutely, positively unbelievable for a guy who not only had surgery on his ACL -- he had surgery on his MCL as well. Adrian Peterson is certainly one of the greatest RB's who have ever played this game -- a Hall of Famer some day.

    That said, I completely agree with you Sarlacc that the main reason for those long runs that our linebackers in particular lost containment on several occasions. If you go back and look at the game tape, you'll notice on several of those occasions the linebackers are all coming up in to the line of scrimmage ... with then basically leaves nobody in the middle of the field on containment when Peterson breaks through. I saw that time and time again. I said it in my preview piece that gap control and discipline were going to be huge keys to containing this guy. To me, this is a case of over-aggressiveness -- in many ways the same kind of over-aggressiveness that the 49ers used against the Seahawks to pop Frank Gore free. If I'm Gus Bradley, I'm telling Bobby Wagner that for guys like Peterson and Gore he's got to stay home. Sit put and keep containment in case that RB busts through. I'm extremely happy with the win (believe me) ... but this issue of containment and not allowing huge runs is I'd like to see addressed as we move forward.
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 969
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am


  • Most offenses aren't going to be ABLE to make our linebackers pay that badly for being over-aggressive. San Francisco and Minnesota are two of the offenses with the O-line skill, RB talent, and smart play-calling to do so, and they've created a rookie wall for our LB's. It's really about reading plays and knowing WHEN to be aggressive, and that's something they'll learn.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11247
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Most offenses aren't going to be ABLE to make our linebackers pay that badly for being over-aggressive. San Francisco and Minnesota are two of the offenses with the O-line skill, RB talent, and smart play-calling to do so, and they've created a rookie wall for our LB's. It's really about reading plays and knowing WHEN to be aggressive, and that's something they'll learn.


    Along with this, I think we're also noticing a need at DT. I'd like to Jason Jones resigned, but I also think PC and JS are going to take a serious look at some 1-Techs in the draft. We need a 10 year staple at the position.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 14740
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Kelly.Orr wrote:
    seahawk2k wrote:RW is better right now than I ever thought he'd be this season. Whether or not Flynn could do better has been rendered irrelevant, as at least a couple times a game I find myself genuinely impressed by what the kid does.


    Anyone really not think he would get this good? I have been on the wagon since training camp. He just works to damn hard and wants it to damn much to not be successful. On the teams' day off on tuesday's he is always at the facility watching film and trying to get better. He is always the first one there and last one to leave. Is a natural leader and winner. It is what he wants and he will do anything to get it. Love the kid that is why i already have 6 jerseys of his.


    This quickly? No, I did not. But the story is still unfolding isn't it? Bit early to draw conclusions IMO although signs are very promising!

    With maybe the exception of an Andrew Luck who basically was like, grown in a test tube and genetically engineered to be an NFL quarterback, you *just don't know* which guys are going to be able to adjust to NFL defenses and which ones won't. And history has shown time and again that it takes between 2-2.5 seasons of starting to see what you really have. Defenses adapt to quarterbacks and the quarterback has to evolve in response, and that whole process takes time to play out. When people are trying to draw conclusions on high learning curve position players like quarterbacks, Wide Receivers, and Defensive Ends after 2 or 4 or 8 or 10 games it strikes me as well, silly. But that's just me.
    Championships are forever.
    User avatar
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *
     
    Posts: 8574
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Random Thoughts™ on the Vikings game
Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:25 am
  • Great write-up I am going to add a thoughts as my concern and not trying to rain on the parade or complain at any individual player just not think everything is great and fantastic even though this was a great game :)

    1) Ladderal passes. I counted three ladderal passes this game. We haven't had one since game 1 / 2 (can't remember) that led to a turnover. The first one to Rice was in my mind there to not setup future passes by Rice but to setup future quick ladderal throws. They scare me. One of the subsequent ones was completed but to close in my mind and the last one was dropped / not caught and rolled out of bounds. Hard to see on the TV how close to staying in bounds it was but I didn't think the WR made any attempts to go after the ball. If you are going to throw ladderal passes make sure everyone understands and thinks about it so if not caught - get on the ball!!!!

    2) Drops - they are still there and there are to many. In the SF game I thought they fell from the sky into open hands and were dropped. In this game it was more right at the players and they were dropped. Not sure if the reason was that balls are coming out to hot or if the WRs are just dropping them but it needs to get corrected. One or max two per game I get it but at this rate it will continue to cost games

    3) Not a concern more an observation RW overthrew Tate on a left middle deep pass came right back and underthrew someone think Lynch. I like the fact that during the game RW continues to think and try to correct his game. Unfortunately in this case it looks like he overcorrected a bit. He will get those few overthrows corrected and continue to develop. He also stepped up in the pocket and overall was much more comfortable moving around and looking for WR's downfield. e looks like a future franchise qb and that is the biggest thing coming out of this season no matter what happens.......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3214
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Random Thoughts™ on the Vikings game
Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:28 am
  • Good stuff, K-man. Hey all, how fantastically decadent was it too watch the Seahawks in complete control at the end of a game and able to win by grinding out the last 5 minutes?! I don't recall the last time that happened and it felt soooooo good.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1458
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Olympia


Re: Random Thoughts™ on the Vikings game
Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:34 am
  • mikeak wrote:3) Not a concern more an observation RW overthrew Tate on a left middle deep pass came right back and underthrew someone think Lynch. I like the fact that during the game RW continues to think and try to correct his game. Unfortunately in this case it looks like he overcorrected a bit. He will get those few overthrows corrected and continue to develop. He also stepped up in the pocket and overall was much more comfortable moving around and looking for WR's downfield. e looks like a future franchise qb and that is the biggest thing coming out of this season no matter what happens.......


    I agree. That was the only sequence that I thought RW looked like a rookie. Not bad when you step back and remember he IS a rookie! LOL. :D Franchise QB in the making.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1458
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Olympia


Re: Random Thoughts™ on the Vikings game
Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:37 am
  • And once again Kearly demonstrates why he's an asset to .net :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: :3:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    User avatar
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2310
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
    Location: St George, UT


Re: Random Thoughts™ on the Vikings game
Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Most offenses aren't going to be ABLE to make our linebackers pay that badly for being over-aggressive. San Francisco and Minnesota are two of the offenses with the O-line skill, RB talent, and smart play-calling to do so, and they've created a rookie wall for our LB's. It's really about reading plays and knowing WHEN to be aggressive, and that's something they'll learn.


    Along with this, I think we're also noticing a need at DT. I'd like to Jason Jones resigned, but I also think PC and JS are going to take a serious look at some 1-Techs in the draft. We need a 10 year staple at the position.


    Mebane looks to be the 1-tech in most passing situations and appears to be doing a phenomenal job at it. I think 1-tech is set as far as starters go. IMO we need to invest in a long term 3-tech who can do what Jason Jones does for us on the passing downs - out rushing the OG and creating that interior pressure - with a big enough body to stay in there and plug gaps on the running downs. We need a Warren Sapp type dude to really make this pass rush go IMO. Jones is fantastic situationally and I'm a huge fan, but I'd like to see a full time all round big bodied pass rushing 3-tech in there. Someone with a skillset like Donkeykong Suh. That'd be bad ass.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11231
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Random Thoughts™ on the Vikings game
Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:01 am
  • drrew wrote:I find the Trufant hate permeating this board ridiculous.


    Needless to say, it would be less prevalent if he had worn purple ten years ago.
    User avatar
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1257
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
    Location: Indianapolis


  • don't think that matters whether he wore crimson or purple, and i don't think it's hate, just the fact that he never lived up to the hype coming out of college.. he's never been a shut down corner, or even a top tier corner, except for one good year... and the last few years he's been an average corner at best.. he is constantly in position to make plays but never seems to make them... all though he had a great game yesterday, minus the two plays that i saw, those two plays reminded me of the Fant of old, almost there but not making the play.. na i don't think anyones is hating on Fant, i think folks just see it's time to move on... by the way i'm a coug and i loved this dude since day one at WA state... great college corner, average NFL corner..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3921
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • kearly wrote:
    -Rice could do nothing the rest of the year and he'd still be a Seahawk almost guaranteed in 2013. He's owed $7 million next year, but $7 million is a bargain for what he brings to this offense. Zach Miller is owed $11 million next season. I don't see any possible way he gets that money, but he's starting to make that inevitable decision look pretty interesting after stringing together several strong games.


    Your numbers are a little different from mine.

    Rice still has to actually produce IMHO. I'm pulling for him but @ a scheduled $8.5 million for 2013, he certainly has to deliver in the second half of this season.

    Zack Miller, like Rice, has to deliver value for the ballance of the year. Millers's numbers are 6.8 salary + 3.0 roster bonus = 9.8 mil for 2013. Four mil of that is guaranteed regardless if he plays or not. With an accelerated signing bonus write off, any potential cap savings shrinks.

    Considering that there are no real alternative replacement for either one of these players, playing up to their contracts is the best outcome for everyone.

    Edited to include 2013 contract numbers.
    Last edited by Jville on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Jville wrote:
    kearly wrote:
    -Rice could do nothing the rest of the year and he'd still be a Seahawk almost guaranteed in 2013. He's owed $7 million next year, but $7 million is a bargain for what he brings to this offense. Zach Miller is owed $11 million next season. I don't see any possible way he gets that money, but he's starting to make that inevitable decision look pretty interesting after stringing together several strong games.


    Rice still has to actually produce IMHO. I'm pulling for him but he still has to deliver in the second half of this season.

    Zack Miller, like Rice, has to deliver value for the ballance of the year. Millers's numbers are 6.8 salary + 3.0 roster bonus = 9.8 mil for 2013. Four mil of that is guaranteed regardless if he plays or not. With an accelerated signing bonus write off, any potential cap savings shrinks.

    Considering that there are no real alternative replacement for either one of these players, playing up to their contracts is the best outcome.


    Not sure what Miller can do about lack of utilization in the passing game. He catches everything they throw his way.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7466
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • CANHawk wrote:Mebane looks to be the 1-tech in most passing situations and appears to be doing a phenomenal job at it. I think 1-tech is set as far as starters go. IMO we need to invest in a long term 3-tech who can do what Jason Jones does for us on the passing downs - out rushing the OG and creating that interior pressure - with a big enough body to stay in there and plug gaps on the running downs. We need a Warren Sapp type dude to really make this pass rush go IMO. Jones is fantastic situationally and I'm a huge fan, but I'd like to see a full time all round big bodied pass rushing 3-tech in there. Someone with a skillset like Donkeykong Suh. That'd be bad ass.


    Word on the street is that this dream might come true. He's always been a home body, and living closer to his home (Oregon) would be huge for him.
    Image
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    User avatar
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *
     
    Posts: 4015
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:23 am
    Location: Owner's Box


  • RockHawk wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:Mebane looks to be the 1-tech in most passing situations and appears to be doing a phenomenal job at it. I think 1-tech is set as far as starters go. IMO we need to invest in a long term 3-tech who can do what Jason Jones does for us on the passing downs - out rushing the OG and creating that interior pressure - with a big enough body to stay in there and plug gaps on the running downs. We need a Warren Sapp type dude to really make this pass rush go IMO. Jones is fantastic situationally and I'm a huge fan, but I'd like to see a full time all round big bodied pass rushing 3-tech in there. Someone with a skillset like Donkeykong Suh. That'd be bad ass.


    Word on the street is that this dream might come true. He's always been a home body, and living closer to his home (Oregon) would be huge for him.


    Hmm... tantalizing information. Are you allowed to say what street you're hearing this on? The only reason i'm even questioning it is because he left home to go play college in Nebraska.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18513
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    kearly wrote:
    -Rice could do nothing the rest of the year and he'd still be a Seahawk almost guaranteed in 2013. He's owed $7 million next year, but $7 million is a bargain for what he brings to this offense. Zach Miller is owed $11 million next season. I don't see any possible way he gets that money, but he's starting to make that inevitable decision look pretty interesting after stringing together several strong games.


    Rice still has to actually produce IMHO. I'm pulling for him but he still has to deliver in the second half of this season.

    Zack Miller, like Rice, has to deliver value for the ballance of the year. Millers's numbers are 6.8 salary + 3.0 roster bonus = 9.8 mil for 2013. Four mil of that is guaranteed regardless if he plays or not. With an accelerated signing bonus write off, any potential cap savings shrinks.

    Considering that there are no real alternative replacement for either one of these players, playing up to their contracts is the best outcome.


    Not sure what Miller can do about lack of utilization in the passing game. He catches everything they throw his way.


    Your right. Holding Miller in to protect Russell Wilson is certainly the greater priority. Millers is so very important to this offense.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Jville wrote:Your right. Holding Miller in to protect Russell Wilson is certainly the greater priority. Millers is so very important to this offense.


    Drives me crazy, though....I wish we could put linemen out there that could stand their ground so we could really use Miller the way we should be.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7466
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • W/O Miller, the GW TD vs NE doesn't occur. He's dynamic in protection.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9925
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • To see Miller actually used as a weapon would really make the offense so much more "DangeRuss"!
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    User avatar
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    Jville wrote:Your right. Holding Miller in to protect Russell Wilson is certainly the greater priority. Millers is so very important to this offense.


    Drives me crazy, though....I wish we could put linemen out there that could stand their ground so we could really use Miller the way we should be.


    I hear that. But if the game is indeed slowing down for Wilson and he is moving thru his progressions more comfortably, Miller should become more active as a receiver. The offense will grow and expand IMO. I like the improvement we have seen with receiver screens. This offense will finish out the regular season strongly as it grows and expands over the remaining weeks. Exciting times for Seattle.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • CANHawk wrote:Jones is fantastic situationally and I'm a huge fan, but I'd like to see a full time all round big bodied pass rushing 3-tech in there. Someone with a skillset like Donkeykong Suh. That'd be bad ass.


    We use a rotation of Jones and Alan Branch to accomplish this. It's cheaper and easier to draft than looking for both skillsets in a single DT, as such DT's rarely drop out of the top five.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11247
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Jville wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:
    Jville wrote:Your right. Holding Miller in to protect Russell Wilson is certainly the greater priority. Millers is so very important to this offense.


    Drives me crazy, though....I wish we could put linemen out there that could stand their ground so we could really use Miller the way we should be.


    I hear that. But if the game is indeed slowing down for Wilson and he is moving thru his progressions more comfortably, Miller should become more active as a receiver. The offense will grow and expand IMO. I like the improvement we have seen with receiver screens. This offense will finish out the regular season strongly as it grows and expands over the remaining weeks. Exciting times for Seattle.


    Agreed.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7466
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • RockHawk wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:Mebane looks to be the 1-tech in most passing situations and appears to be doing a phenomenal job at it. I think 1-tech is set as far as starters go. IMO we need to invest in a long term 3-tech who can do what Jason Jones does for us on the passing downs - out rushing the OG and creating that interior pressure - with a big enough body to stay in there and plug gaps on the running downs. We need a Warren Sapp type dude to really make this pass rush go IMO. Jones is fantastic situationally and I'm a huge fan, but I'd like to see a full time all round big bodied pass rushing 3-tech in there. Someone with a skillset like Donkeykong Suh. That'd be bad ass.


    Word on the street is that this dream might come true. He's always been a home body, and living closer to his home (Oregon) would be huge for him.

    That is at the back of my mind too, but lets face it: Suh will get franchised twice if he refuses to sign an extension with the Lions. That makes him a 7 year vet by the time he leaves Motor City.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10781
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • It is not necessary to diminish and minimalize the contributions of a player to make room for the return of another.

    kearly wrote:-Marcus Trufant had a brutal missed tackle that allowed a catch and run 3rd and long conversion- which would later result in a Vikings TD. He also got burned on a play later on and committed a no-doubter DPI. Pretty much his only highlight was a fumble recovery. The broadcast said he forced it too, but to my eyes it looked like Bobby Wagner was the one who stripped it. Still, it's games like this that should make a certain roster decision easier when Thurmond is activated again.


    In the eyes of Seahawks.com and NFL Statisticians, Marcus Trufant both forced the fumble and recovered the fumble. There were a couple of Vikings who broke tackles and made a number of Seahawk defenders miss tackles. A lot of Seahawk defenders also failed to maintain gap integrity and proper containment angles. Singling out and unloading on one player seems rather unfair. Biased perhaps? Overall, I think Marcus has had a measure of success in transitioning to a nickle back. His tackle form and technique, for the most part, has been excellent IMO. I also believe the coaching staff values the veteran maturity that CB Trufant and LB Hill bring to a young Seahawk defense.

    From a "be carefull what you wish for" perspective >> Marcus Trufant has been the coaching staffs nickle back of choice. Trufant is also the primary backup for Richard Sherman. Byron Maxwell's reoccuring hamstring injuries have derailed his development throughout his first two years. Maxwell bounces back and forth between active and inactive status as a special teams contributor.

    As for Walter Thurmond, they must handle his return just right. His "career potential" is at stake. I think there is little room for another major set back or injury. It is reasonable to anticipate that there will be definitive plan to ease him back into real game speed reps. I think we are all wishing Thurmond success on the eve of his comeback effort.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Suh on the Seahawks would probably give me one of the biggest sportsgasms of my life.

    Last year I would seriously try and come up with trade ideas to get him during down time. I'd honestly love to know what it would take to get him. Whatever it is, I'd probably be willing to pay it!
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    User avatar
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1392
    Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm


  • We can't afford Suh and keep our current team intact. Won't be able to pay our own up and comers.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9289
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Next


It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online