Is there gonna be any rumblings on .net of Okung being

hawksfan515

Reaction score
an elite LT? Did well against Jared Allen today, allowed no sacks, and previous to this game was on a streak of allowing no pressures for the 49ers and Lions game, may have continued that streak.

Discuss.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
He always has been when healthy.

We've seen him shut down Julius Peppers and Demarcus Ware. So we shouldnt be surprised by this.

drdiags

Reaction score
Penalties are killing him though, so no matter how well he does with pass pro and run blocking, that will be a detriment to those claims.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3oe5i7ea said:
He always has been when healthy.

We've seen him shut down Julius Peppers and Demarcus Ware. So we shouldnt be surprised by this.

Finally did well against the Smith's of SF too. Those guys are beasts.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":eyv8bgl3 said:
Penalties are killing him though, so no matter how well he does with pass pro and run blocking, that will be a detriment to those claims.
Agree Doc. Let's hope he can take that last step to being top notch.....and also a wish that he remains healthy the rest of his career.

Soppie

Reaction score
I foresee some bringing up his health, but really other than a few freak injuries he has been what you want out of a first round LT. He started this season off a little sluggish but once he knocked the rust off he has been great. I say he is as good of a LT as there is in the NFL right now.

nategreat

Reaction score
drdiags":12e0oizx said:

I'll take one or two penalties a game if it comes with great blocking any day of the week. No question. Plus penalties are fixable- in theory.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
nategreat":31eahbiy said:
drdiags":31eahbiy said:

I'll take one or two penalties a game if it comes with great blocking any day of the week. No question. Plus penalties are fixable- in theory.

Yeah lol you guys complaining about 1 false start. I'm sorry, let's trade Okung straight up for J'Marcus Webb in Chicago. I heard he doesn't false start.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Gosh damn it the false start wAs on Miller, they called the wrong #.

Okung just needs to stay healthy. His pass blocking is good, but his run blocking is ProBowl good

bellingerga

Reaction score
hawksfan515":rt5m848p said:
nategreat":rt5m848p said:
drdiags":rt5m848p said:

Yeah lol you guys complaining about 1 false start. I'm sorry, let's trade Okung straight up for J'Marcus Webb in Chicago. I heard he doesn't false start.

He's been getting false starts all year, and you say some REALLY ridiculous stuff.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2ncawvh0 said:
Gosh damn it the false start wAs on Miller, they called the wrong #.

Okung just needs to stay healthy. His pass blocking is good, but his run blocking is ProBowl good

Based on the past few games, pass blocking is all-pro good. Just saying.

drdiags

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1qaswufo said:
nategreat":1qaswufo said:
drdiags":1qaswufo said:

Not complaining, so please don't assume you know what I am trying to convey. I am just stating facts that would impact those that make the call of whether a player is elite or not. I don't care myself but some fans do. As well as those who make the call in the media. Everything has to be taken as a negative. How about just plain un-emotional statement of fact?

The more I read your response just makes it that much more of an ignorant post. Pick a fight with those looking for one. I am not the one, thanks!

EDIT: Changed all-pro to elite.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Okung played great today. No complaints from me. His play the last few weeks has also been stellar.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
drdiags":1qhjp155 said:
Not complaining, so please don't assume you know what I am trying to convey. I am just stating facts that would impact those that make the call of whether a player is elite or not. I don't care myself but some fans do. As well as those who make the call in the media. Everything has to be taken as a negative. How about just plain un-emotional statement of fact?

The more I read your response just makes it that much more of an ignorant post. Pick a fight with those looking for one. I am not the one, thanks!

EDIT: Changed all-pro to elite.

My bad, didn't mean to come off as ignorant. And someone in another thread said that the false start was actually on Miller. Point is, I'm very satisfied with Okung's play as of late, and I don't mind the false starts cause I think he's already fixed those problems.

But yeah he'll have to prove he doesn't consistently draw penalties to be elite.

drdiags

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3ughsjlk said:
My bad, didn't mean to come off as ignorant. And someone in another thread said that the false start was actually on Miller. Point is, I'm very satisfied with Okung's play as of late, and I don't mind the false starts cause I think he's already fixed those problems.

But yeah he'll have to prove he doesn't consistently draw penalties to be elite.

I am always pro-Seahawks. I don't care what the experts say. I am glad to have Okung as well as Carpenter, Wilson, Irvin and others. Because I want to believe my team is the best.

Okung when healthy has always shown me that he is a quality LT. You get no dispute from me. Even Walter Jones had a flag every now and then. Though that may be blasphemy. Sorry about the ignorant statement, it was more sarcastic probably due to you thinking I am a anti-Okung fan. Far from it. Anyway, my bad.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
drdiags":1nnxxb0a said:
hawksfan515":1nnxxb0a said:

I am always pro-Seahawks. I don't care what the experts say. I am glad to have Okung as well as Carpenter, Wilson, Irvin and others. Because I want to believe my team is the best.

Okung when healthy has always shown me that he is a quality LT. You get no dispute from me. Even Walter Jones had a flag every now and then. Though that may be blasphemy. Sorry about the ignorant statement, it was more sarcastic probably due to you thinking I am a anti-Okung fan. Far from it. Anyway, my bad.

Classy as always. Not your bad Dr Diags, but gotta give you props for owning up to it on the internet :sarcasm_off:

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
I'm not gonna say elite...I'll say it in 4 years when he has an all-pro and a few pro-bowl nods....he's definitely living up to 1st rounder though as far a blocking goes. His penalties can be worked on. Keep in mind who we had before...-no one- will live up to that. He's doing pretty darn good when he's healthy.

-SH

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
SmokeyHawk":1g9d1d66 said:
I'm not gonna say elite...I'll say it in 4 years when he has an all-pro and a few pro-bowl nods....he's definitely living up to 1st rounder though as far a blocking goes. His penalties can be worked on. Keep in mind who we had before...-no one- will live up to that. He's doing pretty darn good when he's healthy.

-SH

Yup