So, you say Russell Wilson does not have a shot at ROY?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RG3 sucked balls today. His statline:

23 of 39 for 215, for 5.5 YPA. Long of 25. No TD's. No INT's.

RW's stats:

16 of 24 for 173, for 7.2 YPA. Long of 23. 3 TD's. No INT's.

Who faced the better defense? I think Wilson did.

I will post ESPN's new QBR when it comes out for Wilson. RG3 got 53.3 for QBR, which is slightly above average. I have a hunch Wilson is gonna be in the 90's again :)

EDIT: Wilson only got 82.8. Weak! Probably because of the lack of deep passes. I'll still take it though, just goes to show how high Wilson has set all our standards :) lol

Candidates for ROY:

Doug Martin

Andrew Luck

RG3

RUSSELL WILSON

Can't think of anyone else.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Don't forget about Andrew Luck. Colts are 5-3, and Luck threw for 433 and 2 TDs today. Not to mention a lot of voters will be biased towards the #1 overall pick that's replacing Peyton Manning. Gonna be a close one, though I do, of course, want Wilson to win the nomination.

seedhawk

Reaction score
RW has no chance, simply because he ply's his trade is south Alaska.

Rat

Reaction score
seedhawk":3jwyzbmu said:
If Russell played in NYC, Boston, and Chicago all at the same time, it wouldn't change the fact that Andrew Luck put up 433 yards passing today and Doug Martin had 251 yards rushing with 4 TDs. Both are having great seasons, along with Griffin, who was getting MVP love just last week. That's tough competition.

OROY has always been a stats thing. I really don't think it matters where the guys are playing.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Rat":3rvfajfw said:
seedhawk":3rvfajfw said:
If Russell played in NYC, Boston, and Chicago all at the same time, it wouldn't change the fact that Andrew Luck put up 433 yards passing and Doug Martin had 251 yards rushing with 4 TDs.

OROY has always been a stats thing. I really don't think it matters where the guys are playing.

Woah there, c'mon, the guys who vote may pay attention to QBR. Wilson's been scoring insanely high lately on that. INSANELY high.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1yu9ymxa said:
Rat":1yu9ymxa said:
seedhawk":1yu9ymxa said:
If Russell played in NYC, Boston, and Chicago all at the same time, it wouldn't change the fact that Andrew Luck put up 433 yards passing and Doug Martin had 251 yards rushing with 4 TDs.

Woah there, c'mon, the guys who vote may pay attention to QBR. Wilson's been scoring insanely high lately on that. INSANELY high.

QBR is a meaningless stat. if it doesnt show up on the w/l column or in fantasy football then nobody pays attention to it.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Well J, if QBR is a meaningless stat then so is yards and TD's and such :(

QBR is a very good indicator of how much a QB contributed to his team.

Rat

Reaction score
I don't really know much about QBR. Is that even an official stat? I thought it was something ESPN made up.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfan515":15vubm5x said:
Well J, if QBR is a meaningless stat then so is yards and TD's and such :(

QBR is a very good indicator of how much a QB contributed to his team.

Maybe to us obsessed fans. But to the casual fan, or to the people voting for awards they look for sexy stats like touchdowns and yards, they couldnt care less about QBR. If they cared about QBR then Wilson would have easily won the Heisman last year.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Rat":3d7qd2dn said:
I don't really know much about QBR. Is that even an official stat? I thought it was something ESPN made up.

I think it's an official stat now. And yes ESPN made it. It's basically a revamped version of QB rating. But it's QBR. :les:

jkitsune

Reaction score
I don't think anyone has said RW has NO shot. But I think there are other players who have legitimate, and probably more legitimate, claims. RG3 still is probably the leader. Martin has recently made his case. Luck has been very, very good, in a more pass-heavy offense.

I won't feel slighted if RW doesn't win it. I think he likely won't. But I agree, he should at least be considered, and I think in an average year he'd be the best rookie QB.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Martin being a non-QB won't be in the discussion, nor should he be, unless the other QBs absolutely sucked. You can't compare the duites of a RB to the pressure filled responsibilities of a QB. At this rate, Luck should win it and Wilson should be *second, IMO.

*IF Pete was as reckless with RW as Shanahan is with RG3, there's no doubt RW's stats would be much more impressive than they currently are. Two very diiferent approaches to the position and I hope the voters consider as much.

Rat

Reaction score
If it was "Most Valuable Rookie", Wilson would be near the top of the list, if not the leader, but it's not.

I guess that's fair though, since Luck and Griffin were drafted by much worse teams. It'd be unfair to just look at wins.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I will say he has no shot. His stats are going to be minimal compared to glory boys, Luck and Griffin.

His success will be interpreted because of Lynch and the D.

Luckily, Wilson just wants to win.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Wilson's my guy BUT Luck just set the rookie passing yardage record for a single game. He's quickly overshadowing Peyton Manning's rookie stats with the Colts and has them positioned for a realistic run at the playoffs. Most importantly his game today is garnering more attention than RW.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Luck has led the Colts on a three-game winning streak and a comfortable spot in the playoff conversation (i.e., the "if the season ended today" conversation), not to mention the break from criticism he gets just for being Andrew Luck. At this point, Wilson would probably have to win a playoff game to upstage him.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
He may be the dark horse. Depends on the 2nd half of the season.

What he does have is a huge Tiger Woodish potential for endorsements. He is smart, looks good and well spoken. The Levi Commercial was very good.

hawk45

Reaction score
As far as Griffin goes, let him have ROY if it ends up that way. If he keeps playing like he is it'll be Vick city in terms of being hurt all the time. They're x-raying his ribs right now, not kidding.