I'm saying it, we are a complete team

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Wow. Offense looked top 10. Defense (in the second half at least) looked top 10, except when Peterson ran the ball :lol: Special teams was alright.

Freaking awesome.

bellingerga

Reaction score
typical week by week post game over reaction, just on the positive side this time.

Not buying it. The team is looking better, but I'm far from calling them complete.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah defense shored it up a bit in the 2nd half but got ripped up in the first half. Also, do we think the defense is capable of shutting anyone down on the road at this point?
If the D were playing the way they played early in the season we'd be pretty complete.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
We looked pretty good but I would still like to see more production from the wide receivers.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
hawk45":fhm5dpry said:
Yeah defense shored it up a bit in the 2nd half but got ripped up in the first half. Also, do we think the defense is capable of shutting anyone down on the road at this point?
If the D were playing the way they played early in the season we'd be pretty complete.

Hey I'll take it. Just saying.

It's not like the Vikings were a bad team. They have a great O-line with AP who murders people.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Gore and Peterson have eaten this defense alive. Until they can stop the elite RBs, we're not complete. Not yet. Damn close, though.

strohmin

Reaction score
One this is for sure. This team is exciting and frustrating at the same time every week.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
we need to start moving around Big Red Bryant . stuffing him in the middle from time to time will stop those ridiculous inside runs .

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We'll need another draft to become complete. More receiving options, replacements for Clemons and Hill. But we're doing awfully good in the meantime.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
bellingerga":f0lvzkuw said:
typical week by week post game over reaction, just on the positive side this time.

Not buying it. The team is looking better, but I'm far from calling them complete.

This. There were improvements on both sides, but you'd expect those improvements especially when we are playing at home. We need to translate this kind of stuff on the road then I will say we are a complete team.

HawkWow

Reaction score
AP is going to make a lot of defenses look marginal. As good as Lynch is, he don't have the moves and burst AP has. That said, it's pretty hard to prepare for AP. It's clear we need to shore up the middle a bit and I am confident we will do so but as of now, this team is clicking and incredibly fun to watch.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
maringal? That was by far his best performance of the season, and he's had some good ones. He makes a lot of defenses look marginal all right, but today he made us look down right bad. He would of had a pretty damn good day even if you took away the 74 yarder. But more than just AP, they rushed for 243 yards on us as a team. Say what you will but the run defense is broken at the moment.

But I am not freaking out here or going to dwell on it, just calling it like it is. Aside from that, was a very fun game to watch. The offense looked great, finished great too. And despite the rushing attack they had it still felt like we dominated the game all the way through. It was a fun one.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Improved? Yes. Complete? No, not yet. Too many question marks for me to say this team is complete. They are a couple key pieces away though.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Besides not being able to stop the run, an inconsistent pass rush, and inconsistent play at wide receiver i would agree that we are a complete team.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think you missed part of your sentence. I think you meant to say, "We are a complete...ly different team at home."

HollywoodHawk

Reaction score
Fix:

1) Defensive Run Game - We need to contain, not stop (that would be near impossible), but contain Tier 1 RBs a bit better.

2) Defensive 3rd and longs - I don't mind giving up 3rd and shorts that are earned, but some of these 3rd and longs we give up are erkin me off, are we playing a prevention D while the other team is still in the game?

3) Receivers - Today it was dropped balls, other games its bad routes and no separation. But I have been seeing improvement in the route running and separation. Just need to be more consistent.

4) Penalties on O-line - Sure we overcame them today, but these unnecessary penalties need to stop, especially at home.

Maybe then we would be an overall elite team.