Hey.... Just look at this box score.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Disregard the rushing column for the Vikings ;)

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321104026

We had 28 total first downs. Wow.

Only 1 sack, go Okung!

We went into the redzone 6 times. We came away with points 4 times.

We were +2 in the turnover battle

We finally had a game we put away before the last drive! Yes!

Only 4 penalties for 49 yards

Percy Harvin only had 2 catches.

Bruce Irvin got a half sack and 2 QB hits!!!!!! YEAH!

We held Ponder to 2.0 yards per attempt.... HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA

Earl Thomas dropped another INT....... :(

Had the same number of drives as the Vikings (10) but had 71 total plays (compared to 53), for an average of 7.1 plays per drive.

Bobby Wagner got 10 tackles, 5 solo, a sack, a TFL, and a QB hit. Is he a serious contender for DROY?

Sidney Rice got a perfect QBR of 100.0 lol

You guys notice anything?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Adrian Peterson has made a lot of defenses look bad. He's insanely talented. Future HOF for sure

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
ugggh, 243 rushing for them, 195 for us... and both teams have good rushing defense reputations...

RW3 was the difference today, modest 173 yards but 3 TD 0 Int

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Peterson should have 30 carries. Instead, he got 17. Thank you Leslie Frazier. Different game if they just stay with the run game instead of relying on Ponder. Peterson only had 5 carries in the 2nd half and they were only down a score for most of that!

Wilson was outstanding. If you have one word to describe Wilson it would be efficient ... exactly what Carroll wants from his QB.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":pybvy5o6 said:
Peterson should have 30 carries. Instead, he got 17. Thank you Leslie Frazier. Different game if they just stay with the run game instead of relying on Ponder. Peterson only had 5 carries in the 2nd half and they were only down a score for most of that!

Wilson was outstanding. If you have one word to describe Wilson it would be efficient ... exactly what Carroll wants from his QB.
Really good points here man. I think it "could have" been a different game if Frazier feeds the ball to AP more though because in fairness the Hawks came out tougher in the 2nd half. I'm sure they were embarrased by their first half performance vs. the run, and well they should have been.

sturg78

Reaction score
I seem to recall the 5 carries he had in the second half working pretty well too. Frazier Bevell'd it this game.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Peterson has been hurt and seemed to get hurt again in the third quarter. He was sitting on the bench a lot looking none too comfortable. It occurred before Harvin's injury.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Aside from the tackles Wagner had, he actually played a pretty poor game. Many of APs runs came when Wagner over-pursuited the hole and AP went right where Wagner should have been.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":233319o9 said:
ugggh, 243 rushing for them, 195 for us... and both teams have good rushing defense reputations...
We did hold the Vikings to 46 rushing yards in the second half, though.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Yep...the best way to take a killer RB out of the game is to generate an offense of your own. The lack of offense last week is what pissed ET off. Score points and these details take care of themselves. Not many backs like AP (ever) and experience is hard to teach. We will continue to make adjustments and our young guns are growing every week.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawkWow":1jarc49d said:
Yep...the best way to take a killer RB out of the game is to generate an offense of your own. The lack of offense last week is what pissed ET off. Score points and these details take care of themselves. Not many backs like AP (ever) and experience is hard to teach. We will continue to make adjustments and our young guns are growing every week.
Lack of offense last week?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Our run defense isn't as good as last year's, but AP makes a lot of guys look bad. We had something like 20 missed tackles in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

They quit running AP in the 2nd half since he wasn't effective. He had one good run of like 22 yards, after that, next biggest one I saw was for 3. Had two negative runs and was stuffed twice that I saw.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":334q3uqs said:
They quit running AP in the 2nd half since he wasn't effective. He had one good run of like 22 yards, after that, next biggest one I saw was for 3. Had two negative runs and was stuffed twice that I saw.

5 carries isn't enough, period. If I was a Vikes fan I would pissed. He broke off a ton of great runs. The reason you get him more carries is because you never know when he might break the next one ... the 6th carry might be the one. Better than putting the game in Ponder, a half speed Percy Harvin and a bunch of non-effective WR's hands. Especially when you were only down 3 a good chunk of the 2nd half. That was some horrible coaching by Minnesota.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
One of those redzone drives was at the end when we were running out the clock too. So really we scored on 4 out of 5.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
sturg78":1w3yfgwo said:
I seem to recall the 5 carries he had in the second half working pretty well too. Frazier Bevell'd it this game.

Minny only ran 19 total offensive plays in the second half.