Credit where its due: Bevell

Exploding

Reaction score
How about some serious kudos for Bevell today? Felt like the playcalling was very well mixed up and had the Vikings D pretty backed up the whole game. First time we got 30 pts as well!

Or are we still trying to run the guy out of town?

hedgehawk

Reaction score
.NET whipping Coach. He did pretty well today.

OP
OP
E

Exploding

Reaction score
smashmouth59":1n77lnnz said:
We had 30 against the Cowgirls but yeah, i liked the play calling today.

Pretty sure we only had 27 against the cowgirls... and today we could have scored another TD or a FG at least. We had their D on the ropes at the end.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Yeah that's true, but this is the first to 30 all from the offense.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
smashmouth59":1rgn4qm4 said:
We had 30 against the Cowgirls but yeah, i liked the play calling today.
Weren't some of the 30 points against the Cowboys scored by the defense tho? If so, then the comparison doesn't count.

ensett

Reaction score
We had 27 against the Cowboys, 7 of that coming from special teams. This offense is starting to blow up!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Exploding":21lgfzg5 said:
How about some serious kudos for Bevell today? Felt like the playcalling was very well mixed up and had the Vikings D pretty backed up the whole game. First time we got 30 pts as well!

Yup. He made some pretty nice playcalls today. Hope he continues to mix it up. No more run, run, pass.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Would like to see more screens to the RBs. Didn't like the 2 QB sneaks in a row (that's what you pay Beast to do). Would also like to see more passing on first down though suspect that's coming what with the continued maturation of RW.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
-The Glove-":cts1rcif said:
Exploding":cts1rcif said:

Yup. He made some pretty nice playcalls today. Hope he continues to mix it up. No more run, run, pass.

Agreed. I knew there would be some Bevell defenders shouting out after this game. If he calls plays like this the rest of the season, I'm all in but I do not think anyone in this organization is free from scrutiny. I could be that hater too that says it wasn't the play calling,, players just played well. As one Bevell homer did when they said its not Bevell's fault,, players are just playing bad. (Paraphrasing here)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bevell exploited matchups today. I think having to stay in two tight ends for much of the game just because of the sheer lack of receivers was a very good thing.

sutz

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, some of the calls he made today have been set up by what we did last week and weeks before.

Mixing up playcalling is more than just in-game. Whoever we play for the rest of the season will have to think about what we can do from different formations and personnel packages. The WR screens have been roundly booed around here for most of the season. Today the team used them to tear up the Vikes.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Very pleased with Bevell today. I'd like to see a few more designed runs for Wilson, as I think that strikes fear in the opposition, subsequently opening things up more for both his passing and Lynch's running.

Typically, I hate designed run plays for starting QBs, but Wilson has a very smart approach to the QB run. Seldom am I concerned he will not get down before taking an ugly hit. He has a very seasoned way about him, defying everything I've ever felt about rookie QBs. It's likely he will be the 3rd most valuable rookie QB this year, but I would take his style and approach over RG3's any day of the week.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We're implementing simple misdirection, slants, screens, designed runs, outs, seam plays, read-options, a bunch of stuff in the last month and the offense is executing it well. It's getting harder to see Bevell getting fired at the end of the season.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":cn4gbpv7 said:
Bevell exploited matchups today. I think having to stay in two tight ends for much of the game just because of the sheer lack of receivers was a very good thing.

Great point Scott. The M&M&M boys at TE can cause some real problems for opposing D's.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Yep. Kudos to Bevell.
Best playcalling effort I've seen from him to date. The Rice double pass play and the fake pitch rollout pass on the last drive--aggressive plays that are VERY FUN to watch.

Bevell continues to unleash RW3 and Rice! He has become a BELIEVER! (Or is he a BEVELLIEVER?)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Two straight QB sneaks when you have Beast, Turbo, and Robinson says that Bevell is still capable of bonehead calls. DO NOT get our QB hurt, Bevell.

hoxrox

Reaction score
He probably called his best game so far. Some of the plays caught me by surprise - didn't see em coming. That's good play calling.