#3 is gonna be a fixture on this team for 12+ years.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I'd also make the argument that Indy's coaching staff threw a few games to get the #1 pick. No proof, no evidence, just a gut feeling. Players always compete, but some coaches may have..."other" motivations.

If that's the case, it was stupid since it cost pretty much everyone their jobs.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• HawkFan72 wrote:I wanted us to draft Wilson, and I was glad when we did, but I was in the "let's sit him for a year or two behind Flynn to learn the NFL" crowd. Glad the coaches made the best decision to let him learn on the job.

+1
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:I'd also make the argument that Indy's coaching staff threw a few games to get the #1 pick. No proof, no evidence, just a gut feeling. Players always compete, but some coaches may have..."other" motivations.

Considering that teams that perform poorly enough to end up picking #1 tend to end up changing coaches, I don't see how someone comes up with this "gut feeling." Like Caldwell and Co. were thinking, "Hey, we're already a pretty criticized coaching staff... why not tank the season to see if we can get the #1 pick for whoever takes over once we're fired?"

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I was one of the people who was not impressed with Wilson in the last few weeks, but I have to say after watching yesterday he was amazing, nearly perfect on every single throw and decision. very impressive
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

• Yep, I'm so relieved that he has progressed as quickly as he has. When he went down clutching his knee yesterday I was thinking Oh no! Not when he's finally found his groove.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• I've been a believer since the preseason and at this point I say: I never want to see Russell Wilson in a jersey other than a Seahawks jersey. If Rice can stay healthy and be his Marvin Harrison, let's get this kid a Reggie Wayne and watch them all destroy this league for years to come!!!
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• Well duh!!!!
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Starter

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information