Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3189
T-Sizzle wrote:
Flynn who?

The guy who wears the SEAHAWKS uniform, Matt Flynn, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS BACKUP QUARTERBACK (Thank GOD), you know, the UN-T-Jack, suck it up T-Fizzle.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:10 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17587
Location: The beautiful PNW
Steve Myer
Chris Rowland
Sam Adkins
John Conner
David Norrie
Sammy Garza
John Gromos
Dan McGuire
Rick Mirer
Brock Huard
Josh Booty
Jeff Kelly
Seneca Wallace
David Greene
Mike Teel
Russell Wilson

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:32 pm 
* Handsome *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
Posts: 2875
Location: Tri Cities, WA
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Steve Myer
Chris Rowland
Sam Adkins
John Conner
David Norrie
Sammy Garza
John Gromos
Dan McGuire
Rick Mirer
Brock Huard
Josh Booty
Jeff Kelly
Seneca Wallace
David Greene
Mike Teel
Russell Wilson


One of these things is not like the others ....

_________________
"it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm
Posts: 2988
hawksfan515 wrote:
JKent82 wrote:
The first touchdown to Tate stood out to me. Made a read over the middle, looked to Sidney left, sensed pressure and fired across to Tate going to the right corner. Just beautiful to watch a rookie do that.

His ability to avoid pressure and keep his eyes up were phenomenal today. Gotta love it.



RG3 wouldn't be able to do that, as he struggles to progress from his first read. He probably would've ran it and the media would've still circle jerked all over him even if he didn't make it.


I happen to LIKE RG3... But not as much as love lil Russ! :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 pm
Posts: 2914
Location: Hamilton
He is our QB for a couple years at least. Have seen the improvement all season. Can't say enough.

_________________
Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
Image
Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:09 am
Posts: 2905
Location: Omaha, NE
For the first time since I've been a Seahawks fan, (birth in 78) there's no other QB I'd rather have on our team than the one we have!!!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am
Posts: 2312
I was an early convert since his last season at Wisconsin, since my bro is an Alumni. Watching he progression this season has been great. The best is yet to come I think. The hard part is going to come in the off season when Pete is going to have to make some tough decisions about his current receiving corps. Too many dropped passes so late in the season and in critical situations. Wilson needs a better supporting cast at this point.

_________________
#NEXTMANUP


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:16 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8883
Location: Covington, Washington
That double DE sack he took late sure seemed like he was going to be down for awhile. I wouldn't pooh-pooh Flynn just yet. Good thing Wilson isn't a very tall QB ... smile.

That and those QB sneaks, that happened to put Hasselbeck and T-Jack into poor health the past few years. Makes no sense to risk your starter with those calls. But I gather there is a method to the madness.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:21 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17587
Location: The beautiful PNW
Quote:
Liz Mathews 710 ESPN ‏@Liz_Mathews
#Seahawks Russell Wilson's 13th TD pass sets new franchise rookie record, while Ponder threw for third lowest pass yardage of his career.


Just under half of the season to play, and Wilson already has the franchise rookie record for TD passes. Wow.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:26 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4369
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Quote:
Liz Mathews 710 ESPN ‏@Liz_Mathews
#Seahawks Russell Wilson's 13th TD pass sets new franchise rookie record, while Ponder threw for third lowest pass yardage of his career.


Just under half of the season to play, and Wilson already has the franchise rookie record for TD passes. Wow.


Testament to how awful we've been at drafting QB's as a franchise

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5209
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
Hasselbeck wrote:
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Quote:
Liz Mathews 710 ESPN ‏@Liz_Mathews
#Seahawks Russell Wilson's 13th TD pass sets new franchise rookie record, while Ponder threw for third lowest pass yardage of his career.


Just under half of the season to play, and Wilson already has the franchise rookie record for TD passes. Wow.


Testament to how awful we've been at drafting QB's as a franchise



Currently, Wilson is on pace to match Peyton Manning's rookie record of TD passes, Peyton himself had 26, with 28 INT's as well. He also had a measly 6.5 YPA, a completion percentage of 56.7, and 575 attempts.

By comparison, Wilson has 224 attempts with a 62 completion percentage. He has 13 TD passes with only 8 INT's. He has about 7.0 YPA, and it's only getting better.

Wilson could set records.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:51 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am
Posts: 574
Rookie Wilson is developing good timing with Rice on those deep in-routes. Those were some of Favre's go-to plays for Rice and will be killer-plays for opponents if Russ continue this progress with a weapon like Rice. Tate still amazes me with his heart and effort--just needs to be more consistent. That's a relatively young tandem that should complement eachother very well.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:57 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 3191
I'm really impressed with his progression. He plays to his strengths, doesn't make a ton of mistakes, and doesn't turn the ball over.

It's really amazing when you look at film....last week's problems are this week's solutions.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:59 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am
Posts: 574
Best thing about Russell is he's just playing the point-guard role of quarterbacking right now. Sky is the limit for him n Hawks.

By the way he was really quick with reads and progression at Wisconsin as well. He just needed more time with the Hawks playbook and oft-injured receivers.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5209
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
Russ Willstrong wrote:
Best thing about Russell is he's just playing the point-guard role of quarterbacking right now. Sky is the limit for him n Hawks.

By the way he was really quick with reads and progression at Wisconsin as well. He just needed more time with the Hawks playbook and oft-injured receivers.



Ehh I dunno, he is pretty short ;)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1300
Location: Olympia
This kid made a believer out of me just like he did PC, JS, and his teammates.
I'm giddy about the future of the QB position for the Seahawks because of RW.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:03 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3189
drdiags wrote:
That double DE sack he took late sure seemed like he was going to be down for awhile. I wouldn't pooh-pooh Flynn just yet. Good thing Wilson isn't a very tall QB ... smile.

That and those QB sneaks, that happened to put Hasselbeck and T-Jack into poor health the past few years. Makes no sense to risk your starter with those calls. But I gather there is a method to the madness.


I decided to trust PC & JS for their uncanny ability to find players that excell at most positions, I will admit that I was happy that they went out and got Matt Flynn, because I felt that we'd seen the best that Jackson had to offer by Seasons end last Year.
It kind of fostered a bit of uneasiness when Pete decided to start Wilson, but I didn't question the move as I believe that PC & JS have put a bunch of thought into the decide.
As it turns out, Wilson has shown that he's quick to grasp the game on the NFL level.
I see Flynn (who beat out Jackson) as a GOOD backup if the need arises,,I just don't get the Flynn bashers mindset on the matter, oh well.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
scutterhawk wrote:
drdiags wrote:
That double DE sack he took late sure seemed like he was going to be down for awhile. I wouldn't pooh-pooh Flynn just yet. Good thing Wilson isn't a very tall QB ... smile.

That and those QB sneaks, that happened to put Hasselbeck and T-Jack into poor health the past few years. Makes no sense to risk your starter with those calls. But I gather there is a method to the madness.


I decided to trust PC & JS for their uncanny ability to find players that excell at most positions, I will admit that I was happy that they went out and got Matt Flynn, because I felt that we'd seen the best that Jackson had to offer by Seasons end last Year.
It kind of fostered a bit of uneasiness when Pete decided to start Wilson, but I didn't question the move as I believe that PC & JS have put a bunch of thought into the decide.
As it turns out, Wilson has shown that he's quick to grasp the game on the NFL level.
I see Flynn (who beat out Jackson) as a GOOD backup if the need arises,,I just don't get the Flynn bashers mindset on the matter, oh well.

The Flynn bashers are just the natural response to the Flynnsanity guys who thought they knew more about the QBs on this team and knew more about personnel and coaching than Carroll. They were wrong, I think that's clear now. There were a lot of heated arguments so a little "I told you so" and digs are to be expected.

I agree, though, Flynn is a very solid backup for us. If there's a trade market for him in the offseason of any sort, I'd be fine with pursuing it, but I'm also fine keeping him around as a decent insurance policy so there isn't as big of a drop off if Wilson goes down as with most starters to their backups.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.