What the heck does our run blocking suck???

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Ya, 'cause they must really suck at run blocking since our running attack is so bad...wait, we're 8th in the NFL in rushing, and have the #2 RB in the NFL....... what a douche. Some of these writers, just really don't give damn about facts and pull stuff out of their arses. Just sayin'.

ensett

Reaction score
our run blocking really isnt that great, lynch gets nearly half of his yards after contact and makes the line look a lot better than it really is in the process

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
ensett":3i7uj2co said:
our run blocking really isnt that great, lynch gets nearly half of his yards after contact and makes the line look a lot better than it really is in the process

True!!! It certainly cannot hold a candle to the line that blocked for Shawn Alexander.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2jk96mlv said:
Ya, 'cause they must really suck at run blocking since our running attack is so bad...wait, we're 8th in the NFL in rushing, and have the #2 RB in the NFL....... what a douche. Some of these writers, just really don't give damn about facts and pull stuff out of their arses. Just sayin'.

Patriots game and Lions game Lynch was dying back there.

I heard some really good coach say once (I actually don't know his name) that a RB makes his line more than the line makes their RB. Really surprised me, but I guess it's kinda true here. BEAST MODE! (and at least we got somewhere to improve right?)

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
On defense, the Seahawks play like few teams in the NFL. Their defensive front features an over-shifted 4-3 line with LE Red Bryant essentially an extra defensive tackle to stop the run

What happened to clemons.. and irvin.. what are these guys talking about

aku

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":3fsg73ko said:
What happened to clemons.. and irvin.. what are these guys talking about
They mentioned Clemons later as a key player, so they probably just didn't want to be redundant. They also mentioned Irvin at the end of that paragraph. Their statement was pretty accurate... our base package is "an over-shifted 4-3 line with LE Red Bryant essentially an extra defensive tackle to stop the run."

Also, yeah, our run blocking has not seemed all that great. For every really great play, we seem to get 1 play where someone breaks through the line for a loss, and 10 mediocre pushes where Lynch has to power through everyone to get four yards. "Disastrous" might be a bit harsh though.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
our run blocking is solid if not good and if carpenter and moffit (this is ridiculous) could stay healthy we'd be good consitently.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
A lot of their grades are still suffering from the "Sweezy effect" and Giacomini's penalties, and Okungs hiccups the first couple games.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":xc7q1j8z said:
ensett":xc7q1j8z said:

True!!! It certainly cannot hold a candle to the line that blocked for Shawn Alexander.
So how is it the other guys are getting their yards then? Sorry, that argument does not hold up.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
I can definitely see the penalty thing. But run blocking? Has it been special? No. Great? Not really. Above average i would say. These guys are acting like we are 28th in the NFL in rushing or something.