What the heck does our run blocking suck???

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Scou ... awks103012

• Only 11 teams have allowed fewer total pressures than the Seahawks' offensive line this year, but they ranked 28th in PFF's O-line Rankings thanks to their disastrous run blocking and unmatched penalty count.

waaaaaaaaaahhhht?????
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• what the wrong? ow my head.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• Ya, 'cause they must really suck at run blocking since our running attack is so bad...wait, we're 8th in the NFL in rushing, and have the #2 RB in the NFL....... what a douche. Some of these writers, just really don't give damn about facts and pull stuff out of their arses. Just sayin'.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• SNDavidson wrote:what the wrong? ow my head.

:lol:
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• our run blocking really isnt that great, lynch gets nearly half of his yards after contact and makes the line look a lot better than it really is in the process
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• ensett wrote:our run blocking really isnt that great, lynch gets nearly half of his yards after contact and makes the line look a lot better than it really is in the process

True!!! It certainly cannot hold a candle to the line that blocked for Shawn Alexander.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Jazzhawk wrote:Ya, 'cause they must really suck at run blocking since our running attack is so bad...wait, we're 8th in the NFL in rushing, and have the #2 RB in the NFL....... what a douche. Some of these writers, just really don't give damn about facts and pull stuff out of their arses. Just sayin'.

Patriots game and Lions game Lynch was dying back there.

I heard some really good coach say once (I actually don't know his name) that a RB makes his line more than the line makes their RB. Really surprised me, but I guess it's kinda true here. BEAST MODE! (and at least we got somewhere to improve right?)
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• On defense, the Seahawks play like few teams in the NFL. Their defensive front features an over-shifted 4-3 line with LE Red Bryant essentially an extra defensive tackle to stop the run

What happened to clemons.. and irvin.. what are these guys talking about
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• KitsapHawk wrote:What happened to clemons.. and irvin.. what are these guys talking about
    They mentioned Clemons later as a key player, so they probably just didn't want to be redundant. They also mentioned Irvin at the end of that paragraph. Their statement was pretty accurate... our base package is "an over-shifted 4-3 line with LE Red Bryant essentially an extra defensive tackle to stop the run."

Also, yeah, our run blocking has not seemed all that great. For every really great play, we seem to get 1 play where someone breaks through the line for a loss, and 10 mediocre pushes where Lynch has to power through everyone to get four yards. "Disastrous" might be a bit harsh though.
    aku
    NET Rookie

• our run blocking is solid if not good and if carpenter and moffit (this is ridiculous) could stay healthy we'd be good consitently.
    Last edited by SNDavidson on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• A lot of their grades are still suffering from the "Sweezy effect" and Giacomini's penalties, and Okungs hiccups the first couple games.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• Bigpumpkin wrote:
    ensett wrote:our run blocking really isnt that great, lynch gets nearly half of his yards after contact and makes the line look a lot better than it really is in the process

True!!! It certainly cannot hold a candle to the line that blocked for Shawn Alexander.

So how is it the other guys are getting their yards then? Sorry, that argument does not hold up.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• I can definitely see the penalty thing. But run blocking? Has it been special? No. Great? Not really. Above average i would say. These guys are acting like we are 28th in the NFL in rushing or something.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information