Carpenter OUT!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Thats not good.

Seahawks LG James Carpenter (concussion) has been downgraded to out for Week 9 against the Vikings.
With Carpenter out, John Moffitt (knee, probable) or J.R. Sweezy will get the start at left guard. Moffitt, the normal right guard, has been limited to just two games in 2012 due to injuries. Sweezy is a converted defensive lineman.

drdiags

Reaction score
Just means Jared Allen is going to have a much better chance of causing disruption. Wilson just better keep his head on a swivel. Sounds like the concussion was missed due to a delayed reaction. Too bad but next man up.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Crap........don't like hearing this. Okung and Carp were really doing a solid job on the left side. Time for Paul to move back over and for Moffitt to step it up I guess.

sutz

Reaction score
Bad news, but......remember last season. We handled it then (late season injuries to the OL), so I won't panic now.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seven long seasons and we still can't get a healthy O-line.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":qm243lfb said:
Coach Cable knows what he's doing.
Well, that is the upside to a negative situation. The way Cable has them practice at different positions along the line, we are better prepared for injuries than we otherwise would be.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Many times under Cable, we hear about someone being out, or some dominant DE playing against us and everyone is freaking out. Next thing you know, you don't even hear the guys name for most of the game.

drdiags

Reaction score
PFT is already trying to shake the controversy tree, speculating that the Seahawks originally tried to hide the fact that Carpenter has a concussion. I just think it was a delayed reaction that got picked up by the doctors and there was no attempt to conceal. Guess we find out if a fine is levied in the future.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If that's the case, Coach Belicheat would be fined every single week. He's NEVER up front about injured players.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I blame Flying Greg since he's going to the game.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Why start Moffitt or Sweezy at LG? Put McQ back there and one of the other two at the position they have experience at.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Just when I thought the Futch curse had expired.