Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Postgame Jerk

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • All the above

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Throwdown

Reaction score
This season so far, I've noticed 3 different kinds of negativity.

The Pregame Jerk: This person usually cool, calm, and collective up until about an hour before the game. Then injury reports come out, over analysis finally gets to this person, then out come the snarky comments of house such & such player sucks and how we have no chance because so & so is out of the game, their world literally becomes a dark and awful place directly before gametime.

The Midgame Jerk:You usually hear or in .NET's case read these types of responses, OH MY GOD WE'RE HORRIBLE!!! FIRE THE COACH!!! BENCH HIM!!! and my personal favorite NEED MORE EFFORT!!!

The Postgame Jerk: This person usually feels like the world literally just ended after the game, win or lose. They can't help but feel some type of way in either way of extremes, either they're uncontrollably happy, or unbearable to others while they're pissed.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I am a very unpleasant person during any close game. If we're blowing out or getting blown out then I'm less invested and less worked up.

I definitely wouldn't trade being in every game to going back to devastating losses, but the latter was definitely better for my blood pressure.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
suppaball":1sdxwuko said:
What about all of the above?

Forgot that option, fixed.

I used to be the pregame and midgame, now I'm the pregame jerk, totally unbearable before the game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My wife would say I am the Postgame Jerk, no question.

I am relatively cool before the game (nervous), semi-schizo during the game (duh), but after the game, I am a poster boy for Bi-Polar Disorder depending on if we won or lost. If we won, I am living in a land of rainbows and lolipops...If We lose, I am festering on the edge of homicide. Okay, maybe homicide is over doing it. Festering on the edge of 2nd degree assault if the opposing team's fan is in my face. Okay, that works.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1stk3a4u said:
I used to be the pregame and midgame, now I'm the pregame jerk, totally unbearable before the game.

Ahhh, don't sell yourself short. After all, it's friday and look at me :th2thumbs:

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
I would consider myself mainly a mid-game jerk....while I'm watching the game I get soooo worked up..... "that's a bad call!" "that's garbage!" "terrible play call!" etc, and usually cool off and rationalize things after the game...."we won because we did ______" or "we lost because _____".

I'm very optimistic before every game, I don't know know that I have ever gone into a game NOT thinking we could win, even in our worst years.

The only reason I may feel like I'm a hybrid with post game jerk is because my week really is made by the Seahawks performance....a win and I'm ecstatic and riding high til about Wednesday until I CAN'T wait for the next game to win again....a loss and I'm so bummed out until about Wednesday until I CAN'T wait until he next game so we can redeem ourselves.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Throwdown":9t438tzq said:
This season so far, I've noticed 3 different kinds of negativity.

The Pregame Jerk: This person usually cool, calm, and collective up until about an hour before the game. Then injury reports come out, over analysis finally gets to this person, then out come the snarky comments of house such & such player sucks and how we have no chance because so & so is out of the game, their world literally becomes a dark and awful place directly before gametime.

The Midgame Jerk:You usually hear or in .NET's case read these types of responses, OH MY GOD WE'RE HORRIBLE!!! FIRE THE COACH!!! BENCH HIM!!! and my personal favorite NEED MORE EFFORT!!!

The Postgame Jerk: This person usually feels like the world literally just ended after the game, win or lose. They can't help but feel some type of way in either way of extremes, either they're uncontrollably happy, or unbearable to others while they're pissed.

You have enough experience with us every week, which one would you say I am? :stirthepot:

Claden

Reaction score
I'm usually the postgame. Usually after a loss in a very winable game and against a hated team. :49ersmall: I usually let it go by late wed, or thursday and look towards the next one.

Galen96

Reaction score
none of the above option? I just don't get overly emotional about it... I care, and get super excited, but I don't get more than bummed out from losses.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":15j9pc3v said:
Definitely Mid-Game Jerk. Pacing, yelling, etc.

You must be a joy

Haha just looked at the results... All I can really say is...

ALLLLLLLLL BYYYYYYYYYY MYYYYYSELLLLLLLLLLFFFFF

grizbob

Reaction score
You guys realize we all just got called a bunch of jerks? :mrgreen:

Went with all of the above :lol:

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Before the game I am full of hope. During the game I am consumed with doubt. After the game shocked with disbelief.

That's been wins and losses this year except for Dallas.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Midgame Jerk, I dont really show it in my posting but during every game that we're struggling in you better believe that each Seahawk player/coach is getting cursed at.

The Radish

Reaction score
Aww come on, you've never lived any of those things until you have to moderate all of the above.

:D