Going to the Jets game

NYCoug

Reaction score
It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally making it back to beautiful Seattle next week for the Jets/Seahawks game.

Over the years my friends and I have seen a few Jets/Seahawks games at the Meadowlands. They're good people and humble fans, sort of like myself without all the post traumatic stress from Super Bowl XL, who have had their few ups and many downs much like Seahawks fans. Finally, it's my turn to take these dudes out west and show them what a REAL football gameday experience is like at the CLink. As you can probably imagine I'm extremely excited.

It's also coming at the perfect time after Hurricane Sandy. I could use the vacation haha. Things are getting crazy here in NYC, 3 hour lines at gas stations, people now buying gas and trying to sell it for quadruple the price, the Lower East Side looks like a scene from I Am Legend, and Breezy Point here in Queens looks like a warzone. It's definitely time to escape the insanity and what a better place than my home away from home, Washington State. Despite being born and raised in NYC, I've always considered Seattle more of a home for me. It's part of the reason I traveled to Pullman to attempt to graduate from WSU. Although it didn't work out for me in the end, there's a connection I feel to this area that's unreal. This will be my first time back in the great state of Washington in 4 or 5 years, so I'm pumped!

Tickets for the game on Stubhub are lookin pretty expensive at the moment. Does anyone know if they have a tendancy of dropping a little during the leadup to the game for Seahawks games? Sometimes that's the case with games here at the Meadowlands, if you wait it out you can end up with some pretty decent seats for a fair price. Anyone on here got any tickets that they plan on selling?

I'm not looking past the Vikings game this Sunday by any means! That's a huge game in it's own right. However, I definitely am ready to go and will be losing my voice getting all crazy cheering on the Hawks next weekend. So it is written, so it shall be done!

Go Hawks!

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I think you are correct that if you wait and are willing to sit basically anywhere, especially if you don't need seats together, you can often nab tickets much closer to game time -- through TicketExchange or StubHub, with electronic delivery -- for less money than they sell a bit beforehand.

That said I'd definitely take a look at how many tickets are available for sale -- if it's getting down below 1000 or so, you might pull the trigger, as when things get tight like that the $$ can actually go up.

Folks know that most people buy tickets well in advance, especially if they are flying in for games, and so prices tend to be highest say three weeks or so out.

You may also do well just buying tickets outside -- but that's a high risk play -- especially if the weather is terrible. It happens all the time that people bail at the last minute. If you go that route, I recommend either the plaza near the pedestrian overpass, just east of King Street OR being north of the stadium near FX McRory's. Both spots would give you a place where there's a LOT of foot traffic and often real fans selling extras (as opposed to the guys who are always buying and selling, in teams, with one guy with the I NEED TICKETS sign and a couple of other guys selling tickets, they are all working together). Make yourself a good sign that says you're a real fan and willing to walk into the stadium with anyone who sells you a ticket -- you are not reselling -- and you'll get the best action from the locals... especially if you are all Seahawks fans or at least the main buyer is one with Seahawks gear...

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
Thank you very much Bocci. Extremely helpful stuff and I'll be sure to keep all of this in mind. Much appreciated good sir.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'll be there as well. Gosh, Scotte and I in the same area...would the universe sing a chorus or implode?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Check Craigsllst and ebay...... You were in Eastern Washington huh? I live in Moses Lake. Have fun mang.

USChawk

Reaction score
I'll be there as well for my first Seahawks game in Seattle.

Got my tickets already and me and the new wife are pumped to see Seattle and my beloved Seahawks!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I'm coming for the tards game. I bought my tix already from stub hub. Not sure what you're looking to pay, but I got two 4th row from the field end zone tix for $315.00. My first time at the clink so I found that to be a great deal.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I'm going...taking my 7 year old grandson.

Latest posts