Best win and toughest loss of 2012

kearly

Reaction score
Best win:

This is a crowded field, but for me, I'd say Dallas. At the time, Dallas looked like a strong playoff contender and Tony Romo still looked like a franchise QB coming off a big game the week before beating the champs in their house convincingly. Seattle won this game by 20 points and looked utterly dominant in doing so. It is still the only decisive win or loss of the entire season. And if you hate Tony Romo this game has bonus points, as it appeared that this game might have been the beginning of the end for his career. He's having a career worst season after posting 300+ yards and 3 TDs right before facing our defense.

Toughest loss:

All four of our losses have been tough, but the Rams hurt the most for me. Unlike the other three losses, Seattle looked like the better team, but lost basically because of one special trick play and a timeout the refs didn't see. It was also a game that had an inexplicable number of 3rd and long conversions. Giving up 3rd and long to a white hot Matt Stafford or Tom Brady is one thing, having it happen against Sam Bradford is another. Oh yeah, the Rams also went 2-2 on FGs from 59+. And we lost by 6 points. Yeah. We win that game, and you wouldn't have to be delusional to still think we have a great shot at the division this year.

How about you guys?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
49ers was the toughest loss for me, because we had that game with receivers catching stuff they should have caught.

Best win...Packers. A lot of people might go WTF at that one, but we looked fantastic against them, and pretty much completely shut them down. It was a beauty to watch. It probably helps that I was at that game in great seats.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Best win: Pats. Tough win, we out muscled them, out finessed them and beat em fair and square. Better team on the field that day.

Worst loss: Rams for all the reasons Kearly stated. We should've had em.

VHawk

Reaction score
Best win-Patriots.Beating the NFL golden child was epic.

Worst loss-9'ers.Took me 6 days to get rid of the knot in my stomach.

themunn

Reaction score
Best win - Pats. We took on the number 1 offense in the league, made them look ordinary, and drove down the field and scored a TD to take us within one score, the defense stepped up and held them to only their 4th (maybe 5th) 3 and out of the season to give us the ball back long enough to score, and we managed so with time to spare - but needing another huge defensive stop to win the game, which the D duly obliged with.

That's not only the best win of the season, but the best regular season win since the 2005 false-start win against the Giants imo.

Worst loss was against the Cardinals I'd say (though all 4 have been tough to take), we had a poor first half, but came out in the second half and held them to something like 7 yards of offense before Kolb took over and drove the length of the field to take the lead. Then the offense managed to get back to the red-zone, but with 1st and 6 to go to goal (later 2nd and 4 and 30 seconds to go with the clock stopped) we failed to get the TD required.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
VHawk":15nh9086 said:
Best win-Patriots.Beating the NFL golden child was epic.

Worst loss-9'ers.Took me 6 days to get rid of the knot in my stomach.

+1, goes for me as well.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Every one of the losses had a moment where we not only could have won, but should have. The Niners are the benchmark, so that one is the one that hurts the most.

Best win? For me, it is the Patriots. We took their best shot, and shot back. More than the Dallas game, it provided some proof that number 3 can get it done.

hawker84

Reaction score
best win pats, #1 offense, hall of fame QB, actually ground it out and earned that victory at the wire, was very proud of RW and the D.....

toughest loss, Detroit, because that was not only a game, we were suppose to win, we did win up for until the last 5 minutes... that was heart wrenching to watch detroit gash our d all the way down the field for that final score.. we played good enough to win , our final stats reflected that.. just couldnt get off the field on 3rd downs all flippin day... i hated that loss to an inferior team in my opinion.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Thus far, IMO - The best win is Patriots game, the toughest loss is a tie: Lions/Cards game. The Seahawks let those games get away from them. Had the lead late in both games and managed to find a way to lose.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":19onabaq said:
Every one of the losses had a moment where we not only could have won, but should have. The Niners are the benchmark, so that one is the one that hurts the most.

Best win? For me, it is the Patriots. We took their best shot, and shot back. More than the Dallas game, it provided some proof that number 3 can get it done.

This was going to be my answer, too.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
No question in my mind.....the Green Bay Monday Night game had been our first major test of the year and we had like....8 sacks by halftime? What a thrilling game!

Conversely...the most painful loss this year was the first game of the year against the Cardinals. I had such high expectations that we would win our first Division game as revenge against the loss at the end of last year. We just developed Offensive constipation! Winning that game would make this Sunday's game less of a "must win" situation. As I have written in the past....if we lose at Home to the Vikings (which would be three losses in a row)....say 'goodbye" to Post Season play.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Worst loss, probably St. Louis because of everything already posted.

Best Win, will happen in December when Douche Bagbaugh and his team of nancy boy cry babies show up in the CLink.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Best win: Dallas. Pure domination against a team - at the time - that was considered a potential NFC powerhouse.

Worst loss: This one is tough because I could make a case for every game being the worst, but the one that sticks out is the 49ers game. That was on the national stage where we had a HUGE opportunity to not only take sole possession of first place in our division, but do it in front of a national audience to serve notice that the Seahawks are for real. Whoops. Apparently not quite yet.

grizbob

Reaction score
Green Bay for best win cause I was there :0190l:

Niners for worst loss cause it's the niners :49ersmall:

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
hawker84":iw7jhjnj said:
best win pats, #1 offense, hall of fame QB, actually ground it out and earned that victory at the wire, was very proud of RW and the D.....

toughest loss, Detroit, because that was not only a game, we were suppose to win, we did win up for until the last 5 minutes... that was heart wrenching to watch detroit gash our d all the way down the field for that final score.. we played good enough to win , our final stats reflected that.. just couldnt get off the field on 3rd downs all flippin day... i hated that loss to an inferior team in my opinion.

+1
Our defense took the best from Brady and made him eat his comments made to Sherm. RW had his best statistical game and finally got some love from ESPN.
The loss to the Lions was most upsetting because the team looked to have finally found it's offensive rhythm and an effective passing game. Our usually stingy and physical defense had numerous lapses at the most crucial times and cost us the game. So disheartening when the pass defense was so reliable leading up to this game.

Rainger

Reaction score
All losses are tough for me. There is no easy loss. For me they all are gut wrenching. Yes I uderstand some better thatn others but they all hurt. Always have always will.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
rainger":11b30gwj said:
All losses are tough for me. There is no easy loss. For me they all are gut wrenching. Yes I uderstand some better thatn others but they all hurt. Always have always will.

How true. Oh, how very, very true.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Wins, Ranked:

Carolina - Let me be clear, this is only #1 because I was at the game, the pats game was the best if I am being objective but for me personally, this game was an amazing experience I won't soon forget.

Patriots - This game was incredibly emotional to watch, Wilson looked like a hero and the defense stepped up when it mattered. Seeing pouty Brady at the end was worth at least one of the losses.

Cowboys - Not as emotional as the pats win, which was so close and shifting - but its always fun to watch a good ol' fashion ass whoopin. (when you are doing the whooping)

Packers - A great game, and I can see why some people might list this 1st. The controversy around the game just left a bad taste in my mouth. I DO feel like we won the game fair and square, but its not the ideal way I would have liked it.

Losses Ranked:

49ers - This one hurt bad. Mostly because I HATE Harbaugh, the fan base, and the players (least of which). I really wanted this win and I wanted a blowout to shove straight down the classless crap 49ers fans throats and give Harbough the stroke he has been working towards, or at least make his eye balls actually pop out of his head. (I know there are good 9er fans, some of them frequent this board... to those guys, thank you - but a lot of your guys are douches)

Rams - This one sucked because this was like a no-brainer win for me going into it. I thought it would be a blowout, or at least a solid win on the road. The coaches let this one drop, and we wasted a good performance by Lynch. This is the game I will always think to any time I get the funny idea in my head to be sure about a win. Never again, not even a 0-15 browns team with 50% starters out w/ injuries. Never.

Lions - Lions game sucked less because I got a thick skin from Rams game with this team. This one felt like a fair battle, no weird penalties, no controversy, no dropped passes - just a 12 round slug-out that we got beat in, fair and square. Detroit isn't as bad as their record or reputation and Stafford is legit. However, 3rd down WTF!?

Cardinals - Disappointing and weird but this one just didn't bother me that much. Maybe it did more then, but when the Cards had their hot streak I felt a lot better about it. Maybe now that they have settled down a bit I should once again feel bad, but meh... 1st game of a rookie QB's season. Not a big deal.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd have to say best win was the Pats. They were the hottest team in the league, and we were supposed to lose that game. I liked the toughness on both sides of the ball, the progression of the offense, and Russell Wilson took probably the biggest step in his career to date.

Worst loss is Lions. We needed that game to keep pace in the divisional race. If we won that game, we'd have been 5-3, and still been "for real" and a serious threat to the Niners. It's also the way we lost it.....offense finally broke through and did their job, and the defense let us down. On that last drive, I seriously knew we were going to lose, before the Lions even snapped the ball once. I had absolutely no confidence our D would stop the Lions on that drive, and they didn't.

I agree with many on the Niners loss, but we were supposed to lose that one. It's one most of us expected to lose, really. The Niners are current division champs, won 13 games last year, and have been very tough at home, and had been taking people apart. Yea, we could've won it, but we played them tougher than anyone else that didn't beat them. It wasn't a disgraceful loss like the Lions or the Rams.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Season isn't over yet.. get back to me on New Years Eve