NFL Trade deadline passes.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Nothing happened in Seahawkland as expected.
A WR acquisition was the best shot at a move IMO.

No shake up in roster just might be a good thing.
The team cheered Kearse when he was put on the active roster.

Are you happy with not trading for someone?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TheHawkster":23etdqrd said:
Are you happy with not trading for someone?

Yes.

We need a WR, that's common knowledge around the league, but I wasn't willing to give up draft picks for a 28 year old Dwayne Bowe for half a year..........and that's IF KC was willing to trade him, which they've said they're not.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
You know it's the most important trade deadline in sports when you forget it even exists.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pinksheets":39zk473i said:
T-Sizzle":39zk473i said:
I was hoping for Jared Cook.
Duuuuude, I'm down.

Would you two be willing to trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Cook? Cause he's on the rise, which means Tennessee would want a pretty high pick (or multiple picks). My guess he's in their long range plans anyway.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pstark3":3cb3siqy said:
I thought it was moved to tuesday?

It was oringally supposed to have been Tuesday, October 30, but the Storm on the East Coast closed NFL offices, so they pushed it back until today (November 1)

pinksheets

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qj4cm3o1 said:
pinksheets":qj4cm3o1 said:
T-Sizzle":qj4cm3o1 said:
Duuuuude, I'm down.

Would you two be willing to trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Cook? Cause he's on the rise, which means Tennessee would want a pretty high pick (or multiple picks). My guess he's in their long range plans anyway.
He's in the last year of his rookie deal and reportedly asked for a trade this week.

He's pretty under utilized in Tennessee also, and their choices are likely to be either franchise him or he runs out of town first chance he gets. If they decided against franchising, I don't think it'd take a 2nd.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":8wlvaddo said:
pinksheets":8wlvaddo said:
T-Sizzle":8wlvaddo said:
Duuuuude, I'm down.

the last 4 games he has only been part of 50 % of the teams offensive plays , thats why he wants out.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Patriots trade a 4th rounder for Aqib Talib and a 7th. Dayum.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pinksheets":31j5gb4w said:
He's in the last year of his rookie deal and reportedly asked for a trade this week.

He's pretty under utilized in Tennessee also, and their choices are likely to be either franchise him or he runs out of town first chance he gets. If they decided against franchising, I don't think it'd take a 2nd.

Then he's in the same boat as getting Bowe, someone in their last year that might leave after eight games. Is that worth a draft pick for half a year and maybe 2-3 catches a game in a run oriented offense? Not so sure bout that.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":y5xio46r said:
pinksheets":y5xio46r said:
T-Sizzle":y5xio46r said:
Duuuuude, I'm down.

Where are you getting your information? He isn't used in their offense, he has said he wants out of Tennessee, and is a free agent next year.

This was from 2 days ago:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... sts-trade/

Please detail me on the 2nd or 3rd rounder, multiple picks, long range plans comment. Is that just your opinion or do you have something to back that?

pinksheets

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3gdhwoi3 said:
pinksheets":3gdhwoi3 said:

Then he's in the same boat as getting Bowe, someone in their last year that might leave after eight games. Is that worth a draft pick for half a year and maybe 2-3 catches a game in a run oriented offense? Not so sure bout that.
He's not in the same boat as Bowe, because we can sign Cook to a long-term deal as part of a trade, that's not an option with Bowe who is playing for under the franchise tag. Totally different.

It is worth a draft pick, unless you're against drafting a TE in anything but the late rounds due to our offense.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Scottemojo":jesnoj9b said:
Patriots trade a 4th rounder for Aqib Talib and a 7th. Dayum.
Talib is a ufa at year's end and let nicks go for 200 yards before his 4 game suspension. Has elite upside but I think that's fair for a ufa who's also a character guy.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1zxfom8a said:
pinksheets":1zxfom8a said:

You always have the option of franchising for next year so if you are trading and are willing to pay that salary you get the player for 1 1/2 season not just 1/2 season

Omahawk

Reaction score
I'm glad we didn't waste any picks for a trade. We tend to draft very well but we tend to trade very poorly.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Omahawk":8dj2es82 said:
I'm glad we didn't waste any picks for a trade. We tend to draft very well but we tend to trade very poorly.

Wut? I didn't think the track record was bad, sure a couple of misses...but I think trades like Chris Clemons and Marshawn Lynch worked out pretty well.

Twelvesnlv

Reaction score
With the front office we have I'd much rather have every draft pick that we own! Happy we didn't make any moves!