Russell Okung has a streak....

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
He also hasn't allowed a sack so far this season IIRC. He'll get a good test this week in Jared Allen, but Allen is the type of DE he's best against, its the Bruce Irvin fast edge guys that give him the most issues.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":1jbcxefn said:
He also hasn't allowed a sack so far this season IIRC. He'll get a good test this week in Jared Allen, but Allen is the type of DE he's best against, its the Bruce Irvin fast edge guys that give him the most issues.

Yeah I'll feel a lot more confident when he faces a speed rusher like Von Miller. Then again, in this scheme speed rushers are screwed (in order to create throwing lanes for Wilson, outside rushers are supposed to be driven wide to the outside, and the guards are supposed to not give up ground and spread the rushers for clear throwing lanes. Might be why Wilson struggled with blitzers early on (not able to see or pass through the lanes) ).

nategreat

Reaction score
Hawksfan, aren't you the one who posted the thread about the Hawks not giving up more than 23 points in a game for the last 16 or so games? That streak ended right after you posted it.....

Thanks for the statistic, but knock on wood it's not a repeat!

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
nategreat":h1rt668x said:
Hawksfan, aren't you the one who posted the thread about the Hawks not giving up more than 23 points in a game for the last 16 or so games? That streak ended right after you posted it.....

Thanks for the statistic, but knock on wood it's not a repeat!

Its amazing he's got this far actually. I expect it to end this week though against Jared Allen. Keep in mind though he managed to keep the Smiths of SF at bay.... good enough for me! :)